Disaster

That Day

 The greenroom was packed with people. There were cameramen, directors, stylists and of course Arashi. It was the day of shooting the PV for their new song. This time they decided on a story-based music video that would tell a story to the viewers. The lights were already dimmed and everyone took his assigned positions.

'Aiba-chan, please get a bit closer to Nino, we have to have you completely in frame, ok?'
'Getting there', Aiba responded cheerfully.
'Okay guys, here we go. And: action!'.

The loud music filled the halls and lights were blinking to the rythm. Arashi started moving to the beat, Ohno took a few steps forward and did his solo part, while the others kept on dancing in the background.
After ten minutes the first take was closed and the director gave his ok.

 

'That was quiet intense, right?', asked Matsujun into the round and the other members nodded in agreement.
'It's been some time since we had to dance so much. I'm already exhausted', said Sho and placed himself on a chair, while drinking from a bottle of water.
'Maybe you should train more. I think in one take I was able to see your belly'. Sho's face got darker and he glanced at Nino, who just smirked and went to his bag to get his Gameboy.

 

After a break, the director called them in again and this time they had to do an acting-related scene, which seemed to be even more intense. The members were teamed up; Matsujun and Nino as a team of two, and the other three. The story was held simple, but emotionally intense. Especially the last take, which consisted of Nino running away from Matsujun, crying and out of his mind.

After they shot this scene for more than three times, the members and staff seemed tired.
'How about resting for a bit again? We should do this seriously'.
But Nino shock his head, opposing the director´s suggestion.
'If we can do it now, we'll be able to leave earlier, right Director?'
'That is true, but...', Nino slipped into his sentence, without letting him finishing it.
'See! Everyone, let's do our best from now on and get this scene right'. He smiled at the others and returned to the starting position.

Everything started again and they arrived at the scene, where Matsujun would follow Nino after losing his temper.
Nino was running with all his might to escape the shouting Matsumoto. They took turns, faced each other with expressions full of hate, just to start the chase again.
His view was disadvantaged since he had to cry the whole time. In reality they had given him a liquid that made his eyes tear up. It hurt his eyes, but he didn't complain.
He ran with all his might, pretending this would be reality. After the last turn he slowed down, happy to have ended this scene perfectly this time. He turned around and looked at the others, after the director gave them his thumbs up. Everyone looked exhausted, but happy to be able to go home now.

It happened in the moment Nino wanted to join s, when he heard someone yelling out and a loud crashing sound just above his head. He wanted to lift his head and have a look what was going on, but nearly the same moment everything went black in front of him. He didn't feel anything, only heard a few screams, someone grasping his breath and another one shouted his name. That´s when his world went black.