2

Vigilante
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the delay. I had to go somewhere and only recently came back. Thanks for subscribing and I hope you're liking it! ^^

"Let me get my gun."

"What?" Dabin turned back to Sehun, who was unlocking the door of their condo, carefully holding the knob with the hem of his T-shirt in case the killer had touched anything on the door.

"I want my weapon. You should get yours, too, and then we'll go talk to the police again."

"Maybe we should just call them," Dabin suggested. "Let them see the note at the scene. Actually, there they are!" She ran toward the trail coming up from the beach, waving at one of the police officers she'd seen earlier.

He was built like a boxer, but his skin was unmarred, and only tanned. Although his face drooped with exhaustion, he held himself stiffly.

"Special Agent Seo," he said. "What is it now?"

She wondered how many of the policemen standing around the scene earlier today had heard her title. Her enthusiasm fading a little, she told him, "There's something you're going to want to see."

She led him back to the condo, where Sehun was waiting, his weapon holstered over his shorts, and holding hers out. She tucked it into her waistband, feeling ridiculous, as the police officer eyed her warily.

"This was here when we got back." She pointed at the open door.

The man stepped slightly inside and then his expression got even more brooding. "What does it mean? You should understand this more than anyone."

"He's referring to my past," Dabin said. "The fact that I tried to make sure the person who took Hana went down. Only this guy's idea of taking someone down means dead."

"That's pretty convenient."

"A killer stabs a note into my door and you say it's convenient?"

"You wander into the crime scene, claim it's a revenge killing, and then the killer happens to put a note on your door suggesting the same thing?"

"I don't think that's quite what the note's saying," Dabin replied. "I was after justice, not revenge."

"What exactly are you suggesting?" Sehun demanded, taking a step forward. "That looks like blood. How about you get it processed and find out if it belongs to your victim?"

The police officer moved back, his hand slipping over his weapon.

"And you should see whether your victim was ever connected to an NIS or police case," Dabin added.

"We told you, Kim Seunghwan's an upstanding citizen."

"Well, maybe he was clear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter