007

Glass Bead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After months of the same routine, Jimin was in deep and he knew it. 

As he lounged on the bean bags, popcorn in hand, eyes glued to the fourth season of Pororo, he just knew.

Sowon was nestled into the beanbag next to him, Taehyung to her left. Jimin looked forward to these moments, secretly wishing they could last forever.

He'd developed a sort of fondness for Sowon. She was like the little sister he always wanted to protect. Jimin wanted to preserve her innocence always.

If he could shelter her from life's sorrows then he would.  

Ever since Jin had decided to bring her over, somehow, she'd been over every day since.

Each day like clock work, the three of them all gather to watch Pororo. Sometimes the others would join, sometimes they wouldn't, but without fail Jimin, Taehyung, and Sowon would laugh together.

Every week, Jin would sit on his bed. Quiet and thoughtful, he silently observed everything around him.

Thinking, always thinking of the next step, the next action for his plan to come to fruition. But, eventually, he found himself studying only one person.

Sowon.

He was just fascinated is what he told himself, but somewhere over the months of observation the line between curiosity and fondness had blurred.    

What was there to be curious about anymore? He knew all about her connections to VIXX, now. In fact, it'd been months since he actually needed her help.

He wondered why he still let her hang around.

He knew of her condition, her likes, her dislikes, her fears. So why, then, why did he always find his eyes drifting towards Sowon?

Why were his thoughts constantly filled with her face? He didn't know. 

So he simply watched, and watched, and watched. Thought. Waited for an answer to a question he did not know. But when did watching become so unsatisfying? He didn't know when, but as he got up from his bed and quietly padded towards the three friends, he sat directly behind Sowon.

She was so close. Jin didn't think she even realized he'd sat down behind her. Whenever she threw her head back to laugh, Jin could catch small whiffs of her shampoo. It smelled like lavender and mint.

He never liked the smell of lavender before but if the lavender candle on his bedside table was any indication of these changes, he could suppose he'd come to tolerate the scent.

Jimin noticed Jin's presence right away. He was shocked, incredibly so, because he'd never thought Jin would be interested in such a show.

Much less getting involved with Sowon.

He'd never cared for any girl in his life before, only thinking them as playthings, so could it be that he even slightly cared for Sowon? 

He felt uneasy, suddenly.

Threatened.

He'd seen the way Jin could play and manipulate a girl's heart, how he could lead them on, shower them with meaningless gifts and compliments, only to drop their heart like a hot potato, left splattered on the ground.  

It seemed, Jimin noticed, that Taehyung had also been caught off guard by Jin's presence.

Jin was their friend and brother, sure, but even they didn't always agree or believe with what he said or did. 

Which was why on this Friday evening,  as all four of them were gathered around the TV for the first time, Jimin felt unsettled.  

An ominous feeling had subconciously settled deep within his heart and so he scooted his bean bag a little closer to Sowon. 

Eventually, when the show ended, J-Hope thought it would be fun to go to the arcade. They usually went there on Friday nights and hadn't been in a while because lately they'd stayed in with Sowon.

All the guys immediately took charge, getting excited about the plan, but Sowon had become a little hesitant. 

She'd only been in an arcade once, with Taekwoon and Jaehwan-oppa and the experience had ended horribly. But she wanted to impress them.

She finally felt like she'd made friends with someone other then the VIXX Oppa's and she didn't want to ruin their obvious excitement about going out. 

"Sowon, have you been to an arcade before?" Sowon nodded her head and fiddled with the hem of her skirt.

"Once with Taekwoon-oppa and Jaehwan-oppa." She didn't indulge further, however for fear of giving herself away.

"I'l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter