021

Glass Bead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sowon had never been more happy. 

She was in absolute awe of everything. This was by far the most elaborate thing Jin had done for her. He'd thrown her a DANCE! Her very own sensory friendly dance! And he'd invited all of her friends.

Her heart wouldn't stop fluttering in her chest. She giggled at something Ken said, standing between him and Hongbin (who, by the way, never left her side all night). She hadn't felt like this, well, ever.

She felt happy, wanted, and like she belonged. She didn't feel anxious, overwhelmed, or even different. She was just happy.

"Sowon, what do you think of Jin?" Hongbin had asked casually, though inside he was dying to know if she had feelings for him or not. At the moment, Hongbin didn't care if he was being selfish. He wanted Sowon all to himself.

"Jin? He is so nice! He always takes me places and cares about me! He even threw me this party! I am so happy, Binnie!" Her simple explanation and soft eye smile left no room for second guessing.

Hongbin stared up towards the balcony, where Seokjin and Namjoon were conversing, overlooking the entire party. His eyes narrowed and he stepped even closer to Sowon. 

There was no way he was going to lose to someone like Seokjin. He wouldn't let that happen. 

Jin wanted to commit murder.

No, truly he could. As he watched Hongbin practically attach himself to Sowon's side all night and felt Wonshik glare at him, he'd had just about enough of all this.

Not to mention that Wonho was never far away either. Even his girlfriend seemed to be keeping an eye on things, as if she truly mattered in the grand scheme of it all. Which, by the way, she most certainly did not.

It was just too much. It was becoming increasingly difficult to keep his composure as the night slowly dragged on. 

Months of planning, months of care, and months of consideration were gone in the matter of minutes. Sowon was none the wiser, either. How was Jin supposed to go about doing things now? It was all messed up. There was no way he would even get a chance to approach her, not even for a second. He felt like the proverbial pea in the princess's mattress, so close to Sowon and yet lightyears away from her.

"So, what are you going to do now?" Namjoon asked, leaning over the balcony railing next to Jin, two drinks in hand. He handed the drink in his left to Jin who hastily gulped it down in three big chugs.

"Everything is ruined. What can I do at this point? Sowon is right here in front of me, and I can't... I can't start anything to make her lose her trust in me. They all know it too." 

Namjoon scanned the crowded "dance" area. He had an idea, but he wasn't sure if it would help or hurt everyone in the future. Even so, Jin was his friend and Namjoon would stick by him through thick and thin.

"Meet me out on the balcony of your room in twenty minutes. Just trust me." Jin raised and eyebrow at his friend, but agreed nonetheless, walking back down the steps to grab another glass of "champagne." He was going to need it. 

Sowon carefully climbed up the familiar spiral staircase, managing to sneak away from Hongbin's sight for the first time that night. After Namjoon had said there was a surprise on the balcony of Jin's room and that she should go check it out, she knew she had to becuase her curiosity was piqued. 

This whole dance was for her, after all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter