017

Glass Bead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: There is use of the R word in this chapter. It absolutely pained me to write the chapter this way (but I had to), and I do not condone use of this word, for the record.

The walk to school was awkward.

After a hectic morning, some awkward conversations, and an almost fistfight, Sowon was flanked by two extremely popular and good looking boys on her walk to school, each glaring daggers at the other.

Both Wonho and Seokjin were so tense and poor Sowon could do nothing but stare at the cement as they walked. The tension could be cut with a knife if one looked closely enough. She was also becoming anxious. She didn't want people fighting over her.

She honestly couldn't even begin to fathom how she would handle it. Two incredibly hot boys were on either side of her. When she walked up to the entrance of the school, she immediately drew heads in the courtyard.

Well, when you're between two of the most popular boys in school, people are bound to talk.

Sowon hated the attention. She felt twitchy and self conscious. Up until now, her presence in the school was virtually ignored. An occasional whisper or insult here or there, sure, but never were there eyes solely upon her. 

She squirmed in between the two men. "I... um... I'm going to head to class a little early. I'll see you both later." Sowon then hightailed it out of there, all but sprinting through the front entrance of the school.

She dipped into the nearest girls room upon entering, catching her breath as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. A nasily laugh caught her attention. She turned her head to see Jinri, Yoongi's girlfriend, and the other queen bees of the school.

A sense of dread filled the pit of her stomach.

She could act like she was washing her hands and maybe, just maybe, they would just ignore her.

Unfortunately, Sowon never could catch a break in life.

A sneer made its way onto Gina Kim's face. "Well look here, if it isn't the little retard."

Sowon bit her bottom lip, trying to keep calm, as if the R word never affected her. However, though she had learned to let insults roll off of her, it was never easy to hear the R word directly to your face. 

Haneul, to Gina's left, spoke next, venom dripping from her lips. "What? Can't speak? Afraid you'll meltdown, retard?"

Jinri rolled her eyes, turning towards Haneul. "Cool it, Hannie. We didn't come here to be petty. Anyway, this is my warning to you. Stay away from Wonho and Jin. We belong to BTS, not you. And for your information, I've seen the way you look at Wonho. I hate to burst your bubble, but he's just pitying you. My sources have told me that he plans to ask Moon Byul to the dance as his girlfriend. Whatever hope you had, you should thank me, I'm squashing it for you." She turned to the other two girls. "Ladies, let's go." 

Not even a second glance was spared to the poor girl who was slowly crumbling on the inside. Pity? Was Wonho really pitying her? She didn't want to think so, but, those small seeds of doubt seemed to flourish in that instant. It wouldn't have been the first time someone felt sorry for her and it certainly wouldn't be the last.

But then, if Wonho was pitying her, why was he so upset this morning when Jin was there? Also, why did he hate Jin so much? Sowon felt like there was a huge puzzle piece missing. She felt like everyone knew something she didn't, but what?

Not feeling good, she decided to go to the nurse instead. She didn't feel like sitting through first block.

It was lunchtime now. First and second block were over and the boys sat at their usual table in the middle of the cafeteria.

"Is Sowon okay? I didn't see her in first block." Taehyung found it unusual for the usually punctual girl to not show up at all. She valued her education so much - it wasn't like her and it made a pit form in the bottom of his stomach.

"What do you mean she wasn't in first block?" Jin couldn't hide the frown on his face. Unfortunately, they only had one class together so it was much harder to keep track of her during the day. But he needed her to be here today for his plan to work.

"Jinri mentioned something about Sowon earlier, but I wasn't listening." Yoongi scratched the back of his head. His girlfriend had come to find him awhile ago and was talking about the quiet girl but Yoongi hadn't really been listening, too busy trying to pass the next level of the game he was playing on his phone.

"Jinri? God only knows..." Namjoon was suddenly pissed off. The only person who actually liked Jinri and her lackeys was Yoongi and honestly the boy could not see what was so great about her. She was ugly on the inside.

Jin couldn't stop the frown from marring his face. He'd caught wind earlier of a surprise proposal to the Spring Dance (not his of course, though he had planned to enact his today as well as into the weekend as well. This was a two part process, it had to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter