016

Glass Bead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hongbin's heartbeat had become erratic after hearing Jiyeon's report from her get-together with Sowon. Two boys? Not one, but TWO? And according to Jiyeon she liked one of them.

He felt like he should just give up now. He'd always thought that Sowon would be his. He had always seen her as a woman and maybe it was a bit selfish, but he always thought she would be little Sowon, always trailing by his side and never changing.

How wrong he was.

"Oh! And you might not like this, but, I think Sowon had a boy spend the night."

Hongbin practically spit out his drink, earning a very unhappy glare from Leo who was now soaked. Wonshik himself also choked on his sandwich.

"Oh whoa whoa, that's no no, boy, no no no."

(A/N:VIXX trash sorry . OTL) 

Hongbin was suddenly very alert. "What?!"

"Well, I found a dog tag under Sowon's bed. The initials on the dog tag were KSJ. I'm not sure if it was a boy, but what girl would wear dog tags?" Jiyeon shrugged.

Wonshik pursed his lips. He had a pretty good idea of who it was. "I bet it was Kim Seokjin. That bastard better stay FAR away from Sowon. I'll never approve of him, not for her."

Jiyeon sighed. She was afraid of that. She couldn't help but feel a little at fault but she couldn't and wouldn't lie to her boyfriend.

"Bin, you don't look so good. Are you okay?" Jaehwan frowned when he saw Hongbin's pale face. Wonshik looked towards his friend and put a hand on his shoulder.

"You're the only one I approve of, you know."

Somehow, that didn't make Hongbin feel better in the least. He left the shop more dejected than ever.

Wonho smiled brightly, holding a Spring Fling invitation in his hand. He was slightly nervous, because he wasn't sure that the girl he had in mind liked him the way he liked her, but he pushed the nerves aside for the sake of things.

He had been heading to the library for his daily study sessions with Sowon and happened to pass by the table on the way. He found himself buying two tickets, thinking of the girl he's had his eyes on for some time.

It wasn't often that Wonho could be so taken by a girl, but she was something special. She made his heart soar and skip in ways he never thought possible. He really wanted to talk to her and get to know her better.

"Oh, Wonho! You made it." Sowon smiled at Wonho from her study table, grinning from ear to ear. Naturally, Wonho smiled back, happy to see his friend. He took his usual spot across from her and pulled out his books, slipping the invitations into his messenger bag and pulling a pencil from his pocket. He flipped to his chemistry homework.

"Are you ready for that mock exam next week?" Sowon asked.

"Yes. I've been studying really hard thanks to you. I need to study if I want to become a doctor after all." Wonho shrugged.

"Oh, speaking of doctors, I'm going to start my internship over the summer! I have a meeting with the hospital director soon." Sowon's grin was even brighter, if possible.

Wonho smiled. So his uncle had pulled through after all. He really wanted to help Sowon achieve her dream. He just felt compelled to help her. Her genuine innocence and passion had always pulled on his heartstrings.

They fell into a comfortable silence, immersed in their work. They gave each other occasional smiles when they glanced up every now and then, but for the most part it was silent. 

It was only after his fourth homework problem that Wonho noticed a bright red rose peeking out of SoWon's backpack. "Did someone give you a rose, Wonnie?" he teased.

SoWon glanced down at the rose in her backpack. She blushed.

"Ahh... yes, it seems someone thought it would be funny to play a joke on me." Sowon had totally forgotten about the rose!! How could she be so dumb? Wonho even saw it, too. How embarassing. Sowon couldn't stop herself from feeling a little down. There was no way the rose could have come from Wonho now.

Wonho frowned. "What do you mean, a joke?"

Sowon ducked her head. "No one could ever like me that way."

"Who told you that? That's dumb. You're a great person, Sowon! Anyone who can't see that isn't worth your time." Wonho scoffed at the notion.

Sowon smiled slightly, thankful to have a friend like Wonho. He always could make her feel better. "Will you be going to the Spring Fling?" she asked.

Wonho pulled out his invitation. "I already bought my ticket."

Sowon felt a little deflated. So he had someone else in mind, huh? Of course, even if Sowon wanted to go to the dance, she couldn't. Her senses wouldn't be able to handle it.

"Will you be going?" Sowon didn't want to seem pathetic, so she found herself telling Wonho a lie for the first time. "Yes, but I haven't bought my ticket yet. I'm waiting for the hype to die down a little bit."

Wonho gave a thumbs up. "Good. I was hoping you'd say that."

Sowon tilted her head to the side. "Why's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter