1 .

SKIN

The Scarlet Letter had been such a joke;not that funny considering how many innocent lives have been lost to that petty symbol only a simple minded human could've conjured up.

Salem had been one of their outmost lunacy,actually.

Until they figured burned at the stake was  making THE statement.

Yeah, like how ing ignorance can make human kind the most oblivious of all!

Hana had seen, heard and lived far too much of it to feign interest anymore.Why should she?! History testified well enough the repetitiveness of humankind's(such a hilarious name, now)  savage nature.

And they had the nerve to call her wild??

At least she killed painlessly.

She had long forgotten her whereabouts,but nothing would ever erase the pain of being turned into a seemingly brainless wild beast.

Pain is remembrance, you cannot forget pain. Especially when it had been inflicted by a loved one.

The sudden breeze that flew behind her ear brought Hana back to the current time, blowing the...night-dreaming like a candle.

The irony helped getting her up from the comfy cold rock she had been contemplating her existence for the last few hours before celebrating yet another centennial of being stuck in this place. It had proven easier to do it like that, instead of counting  year by year.

​She has yet to call it  living when all she'd been doing was surviving.

Apparently, 969 years weren't nearly enough to make one muster up the courage to end all links with life!

So, nearing the loud stream cascading down the remote mountain she'd chosen for her latest introspect, Hana pulled out the thousand-ish dollar bottle of champagne from her  backpack popping its head with a swish of her hand(perks of the vampire kin) and gulping down the tingling liquid in her honour.

"Here's to another hundred."Hana bitterly smiled,while pouring the rest of the champagne down into the stream.

"Whoa, hold on, you're just gonna throw away 8,000 dollars like that?!"a voice broke the old ritual of self loathing.

Sooner than she expected, two hands grasped the bottle,barely coming in contact with hers,but Hana still felt the burning heat emanated from the stranger's body.And then her nature took charge, igniting the well practiced hunger into a wild aknowledge of what was gifted to her.

The temptation was almost unbearable,mostly because she had promised herself to not give in;not on her birthday.The only day when she humoured herself into believing she never really ceased to be human.

Hana wanted to literally break the stupid er who threatened her resolve,but felt completely enraptured,there simply was no better word for it.

His every cell screamed blood;hot,melting flow of an aphrodisiac she'd denied herself for far too long now.All at her mercy.

The man simply took her place gulping down the champagne, oblivious of the danger roaming around him,as he offered Hana the most delicious view of his jugular vein.

She could feel the fangs making a dash for the feast before her,but she fought it; she was better than giving into primal urges, for 's sake.She'd knock him out before that happened!

" Last thing I expected finding here was another insane ,derranged one like me."he finally spoke, his voice full of bitterness."Are you having trouble waking up from this dream , too?Does it hurt as much?"

Hana found herself contemplating his words, all thoughts of feeding gone like a fluke in the wind.

" Doesn't seem right to pour this motherer down the drain,when this voice won't leave me alone....I can't run on anything else these days."he admitted, smashing the bottle on the rocks .

​Stupid mistake! That was on him .

Amateur reaction! That was on her.

One tiny gush of blood and she was back to basics,no trace of humanity in her  when sinking her fangs into that mouthwatering  bleeding wrist.

Only when she felt him wobble under her ministration did Hana stop; that shouldn't have been such a threatening loss,not like she fed on his neck(at the rate, it probably would've been lethal),but something made her falter.

Something as primal as her imposed nature.

Something familiar,something that hurt her on the inside,something she feared looking too much into.

"...you hear him ,too?" the guy breathed in defeat.

She couldn't answer.Just stared him down.

Wasn't he creeped out by what just happened?!

"I think there's a fault in my code..."he chuckled all of the sudden,dangerously slipping near the edge." You remind me of him.Crazy, huh?"he bit on his cracked bottom lip,free falling into the abyss.

Had she had any reason, she might've as well let him take the fall.It would've spared everybody the future hassel.But she flung towards him,bringing him up with that lunatic smile on his face,like he trusted her to save him all the time.

"Yup, like two pods in a pea."he snickered before losing conscious.

Happy Freaking Birthday, Hana! This has officially become the strangest anniversary she remembered.

She actually had to ponder whether she should bring him along or leave his sorry ,before the sunrise.

Yeah, not much has changed, vampires still couldn't handle the daylight without proper gear,which Hana momentarelly lacked.

Seeing how his boots smudged her tiles with the dark soil from the mountains,it was safe to assume her choice.

​So, while the bastard took his sweet time waking up,she found herself considering giving into her cravings,not much out of hunger,but of a strange curiosity.He tasted like old wine,like old times ,like the proverbial forbidden fruit and she felt compelled to both loathe and love it.

Hana was desperate for an answer.

She never felt like that.

She hadn't felt that need in quite some while.

Not the best sign.

 

 

a/n: Halsey had me boringly' play' her lyrics,but Gasoline and Castle are the main reason behind the story's plot.

And, yes, this is just part one.