Final

Stray

When Eunji opened her front door that morning to depart for work, she found something blocking her way—and that something came in the form of a five eight to six feet, approximately 130 to 40 pounds of man. 

 

It was impressive that Eunji hadn't screamed on sight, and even more impressive that she hadn't simply kicked the man off her doorstep with her pointed pumps. But then again, those shoes were Prada and not worth ruining over some cosplaying weirdo who was probably drunk or hungover from last night.

 

If Eunji was bitter that she had spent New Year's Eve alone finishing up on work, she was doing a poor job of concealing it.

 

As CEO of a minor company still struggling to work it's way up, Eunji could not afford to party—or be late for work.

 

Which brings her to her current dilemma.

 

This man, who apparently decided that her welcome mat was a good place to lay down and take a nap. As if the situation wasn't already awkward enough, he was a cat-lover, or just a freak; Eunji had not seen an adult man sporting cat ears and a tail since... ever. Not even on Halloween or at one of Bomi's crazy costume parties. She didn't know what to make of it.

 

Especially the fact that the man's fake tail had been waving back and forth languidly for the past minute—like a real tail.

 

But that was impossible, right?

 

Eunji dismissed that odd detail as a hallucination from too much caffeine. She has a tendency to drink half of the coffee pot before work, and the other half of the pot when she comes home. Life wasn't going well for her at all. Lately it does seem like nothing was going her way.

 

Take this man, for example, who had begun to stir from his slumber, stretching his long limbs and nearly hitting her before she sidestepped out the way.

 

“Hello, are you awake?” She asked irritatedly. Eunji thought that she had been remarkably patient with him so far. She deserved a medal.

 

The man didn't seem to hear her. At first, Eunji wondered if he even realized she was there, but then he suddenly flipped onto his back, and he looked straight at her.

 

Eunji felt slowly drop open, as she stared at the man and he in turn, stared right back at her. His eyes blinked at her lazily; he doesn't seemed at all surprised or embarassed to find her there. In fact, he was hardly showing any emotion at all.

 

Her first thought was that this man was simply shameless, but then, to her total bewilderment, he began to purr.

 

Now, Eunji had never owned a cat before. She had always been a dog person. But she wasn't so oblivious to not know what a cat's purr sounded like. And the sound that the man was emitting was definitely a purr.

 

Not knowing what else to do or how to react, Eunji simply stared and waited.

 

The man seemed to sense her hesitation, because he shifed to his side, so that his face was directly in front of her feet. Eunji thought that he was about to do something ridiculous like her shoes or rub his face against it, but no, he just turned his head up to look at her.

 

Eunji had never been more grateful that she had chose to wear a tight-fitting pencil skirt that day instead of her usual A-line. Because if not, this man would definitely be able to take a good look of her uny underwear.

 

Not that she cared what this strange person thought of her underwear. Even if he does look like he could be an underwear model, with that gorgeous face and fine body of his....

 

It was just too bad that Eunji couldn't appreciate or admire the eye candy because she kept getting distracted by that tail. She was unaware that she was getting hypnotised by following it's movements.

 

Swish. Swish. Left and right.

 

Eunji blinked back into focus, when she heard a rumbling sound coming from the man—seriously, is he even a man? A human? He looked like those catboys that belonged in anime, not in real life.

 

However, if this man really does prove to be some kind of human-feline hybrid... it was disturbing how that fact doesn't even surprise or bother her. If nothing, Eunji was more annoyed that he was making her late for work.

 

The man doesn't seemed to be in any hurry to move, though. He looked perfectly comfortable just laying there.

 

Eunji was just considering maybe stepping over him and running to work before the man, unexpectedly, opened his mouth and said in a soft, deep and husky voice that definitely made her feel something in her lady parts. Basically, his voice was pure . 

 

Take me home.”

 

Eunji promptly dropped her handbag.

 

A full minute passed, whereaby the man's cat ears kept twitching and his tail kept flicking; at one point he yawned and she could see his pointy incisors and a pink tongue. That same tongue would later come out and her finger when she would stoop down to touch his hair and see if it was really as soft as it looked. 

 

Eunji had never been a cat person. Until now. 

 

In any case, she finally decided to take off her uncomfortable shoes--it was pretty obvious that her new... pet required all her attention today. He was not going to let her leave. 

 

And if she was being honest, Eunji would rather stay at home with Kitty anyways. 

 

...

 

...oh, don't roll your eyes. She'll think of another name later. 

 

.

A/N: Something short and silly I needed to write.