004

Oblivion

 (4)

"Of sunshine smiles and fluttering heart.”

 

 


Ahh!

Omg! They’re so hot.

They’re gods!

Oppa~ Wanna have lunch with us?

 

These words echoed through the entire hallway as BTS made their way towards their respective classrooms. Hoseok flashed them a smile. He always loved attention and this was the kind of reaction that never failed to make his day. Placing his arms behind his head, he sighed in satisfaction. Everything looked beautiful from his perspective. Everyone’s voice sounded like a melody. All of them smelled like flowers. Hoseok winked at every girl that he laid eyes on, earning a squeal from each and every one. This was why girls loved Jung Hoseok. He saw the beauty in everything. He was the most true aesthete.

The rest of BTS wore their friendly faces as well, encouraging everyone who greeted them to jeer all the more. Girls may have worshipped them but that wasn't enough reason for them to get cocky. They knew that they were still lacking in skills. Before becoming a student at Butei High, these boys thought that they were the best, that they were trained enough. They grew up together and their parents hired professional teachers to teach them everything that would make them soar beyond the realms of the average butei. They planted one goal in mind, which was to be one of Daehan Group's best agents. But, after seeing Astraea’s matches, their confidence shed away. Still, they hid it from everyone. They were men and the last thing a man wants destroyed is his pride. They weren’t even that surprised that Astraea worked for Daehan. What surprised them was the fact that Daehan was helping them and sent one of their best agents in field to protect them. Although the entire scenario was suspicious, they agreed to let her assist them, at least for the time being.

Jungkook, on the other hand, never let his eyes leave the said girl. Not because he liked her but because he had to make sure she wouldn't hurt his hyungs behind his back. The eight of them flaunted the hallway in a rather precise order, with Namjoon, Yoongi, Taehyung, Hoseok, Seokjin and Jimin walking in front, and Astrea trailing behind with a curious Jungkook just behind her. No one in the school expected to see this sort of thing happen right before their eyes. Astraea and BTS? Who would’ve thought?

 

The bell rang, signaling for classes to start. Hani was walking down the stairs, contemplating whether to attend classes or not when she stumbled upon Jungkook. “I’m so sorry-” she didn’t get to finish her sentence because Jungkook had already walked away. That’s so rude. He didn’t even say sorry. She huffed and crossed her arms. Maybe missing today’s classes wouldn't hurt. Plus, she really had to finish BTS’ case. She sent Jungkook one last glance before disappearing into the darkness.

 

Hani bit her lower lip as she scribbled lines from one clue to another. Connections. Those were just what she needed. She sat back down at her desk and read some files over again, causing her eyebrows to furrow in exasperation. She jotted down a few important words and stared at her clue board. Whoever did this certainly knew how to clean up their mess. Heaving a deep sigh, she stood up and plopped herself down her bed. She had been so into finding the culprit that she'd neglected to eat lunch and dinner. It was only silent for a few minutes before a knock on her door was heard. “Who are you?” she demanded, not moving from her spot. “It’s me, Miss.” It was Mr. Jung’s voice. She groaned and grabbed the remote beside her bed and clicked the button that unlocks her door. “How’s the investigation going?” he started, taking a seat at her desk. He turned around and faced it, scanning the files like what she was doing before. She kicked the blankets off of her and sat up, pouting. Her behavior caused him to chuckle. This is the side of Hani/Astraea that no one sees except him. She might've appear calm and strong on the outside, but she was still as sensitive as ever. As to be expected from an adolescent. He stood up and turned to leave. “The boys are here. You have training with Jimin, right?” Without waiting for her reply, he closed the door. She harrumphed and started to prepare for their lesson, stopping to check her phone when it buzzed. It was a message from her dad.

 

Don’t dress as Astraea when you’re training Jimin.

 

She frowned. Why would he want her to do that? Yes, workers here knew that both Astraea and Hani worked at Daehan, but why would her dad tell her to show up as her true self when he knew that her subject, BTS, are her schoolmates? Are those boys aware that she’s the daughter of the CEO? She didn’t think so. She had managed to put up a frail front to avoid any suspicions. Besides, she was supposed to be a noob when it comes to fighting. But here she was, about to train someone who people thought is much stronger than her. Brushing off her thoughts, she peeked outside her door to check if someone might see her. Seeing that the coast was clear, she stealthily left her room and headed to the training center. She entered a room expecting to see Jimin already there, but he wasn’t. She looked at her watch and sighed in annoyance.She hated waiting and thought about giving Jimin a hard time. Hani placed her things on the bench and began stretching. She stared at the door. That dude better get his over here soon because I am starting to lose my temper. A couple of minutes passed without a sign of Jimin. She blew a raspberry. Finally giving up, she turned to the door and was about open it when it flew to her face making her fall to the ground. Jimin gasped.

“Oh my god! I’m really sorry-… Hani?” he stuttered, after removing some of her hair that covered her face. Her eye twitched, “Hello,Mr. Park. There had been some changes in Ms. Astraea’s schedule. That's why I’m going to be your trainer instead of her.” He scanned her from head to toe with a raised brow. “Are you sure you have the skills to be a trainer?” he smirked. They were classmates, so Jimin has seen her performances during their practical tests. He and his friends considered her as the lowest of the lowest when it came to hand-to-hand combat, and her poor choice of weapon all the more revealed her inferiority. Her weapon of choice is a katana, for god's sake. It wasn't like they had expected something from her, though. She was a queenka after all. And, queenkas hate sweat the most. Hani faked a cough, cutting Jimin’s flow of thoughts. “See for yourself,” she flashed him a faked smile. She knew he hated her, so she'd come up with a plan to torture him with her kindness in order to prevent him from ever talking to her every time they meet inside this room. She saw him frown a bit before placing down his bag beside hers. He faced her, “What do you want me to do, teacher?” She inwardly rolled her eyes as she had catched the sarcasm in his voice and sighed, “Go and change into something comfortable first.”

 

After 2 hours of training, Hani and Jimin chugged down their drinks. Jimin collapsed unto the floor with heavy breaths. Hani made a mental note that Jimin's stamina is lacking. He sat up and faced her, “I have a question to ask.” She didn’t reply so he took that as a sign to continue. “Why is Daehan helping us?”

“I’m sorry. I’m just an employee here. I don't know such things. Ask someone from a higher position.”

“Is Astraea from a high position?”

She coughed .

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“Okay, then. See ya.”

She nodded, watching him stand up and pick up his things. He was about to open the door to leave when he felt a poke on his back. He turned around with a frown, as Hani smiled and patted his shoulder. He'd been terribly caught off-guard. She had the smile of an angel. The once dim lighted room seemed to have gotten brighter because of it. His frown deepened but he didn’t move, his mouth hanging in mid air. This caused her to chuckle, “Is everything okay, Mr. Park?” “Yes, yes. Everything’s fine. Bye!” he said and stormed off. Hani looked at his retreating figure whilst tilting her head. “He left. I was about to ask him something.”

 

Later that night, Jimin received a text from an unknown number. He grabbed his phone, squinting his eyes when the light flashed on his face.

 

I was ordered to tell you not to let your friends know that I’m your teacher.

- Hani

 

He choked when he saw Hani’s text. Nervously, he checked his roomate's sleeping gaze, praying not to have accidentally woke him up. He sighed in relief when he heard him snore. Turning back to his phone, He stared at her message for a good 10 seconds before turning the device off.

Why do I feel weird?