Chapter 12 - Made Vacant

Cold Beautiful Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The man seated across from Hyeran was for once not peering into her eyes, but looking down shyly. Showing her only the top of his head, Taekwoon’s voice was almost too soft to hear when he asked her why she decided to come.
Hyeran fidgeted under the table before answering, “Because I was curious.” Taekwoon lifted his head and met her gaze, pressing her to explain further.
“Did Mina also tell you my home address?” Were you outside my apartment? Hyeran wanted to ask.
“No, go easy on the girl,” Taekwoon smirked. Then how did you know where I live?

Hyeran had met with Taekwoon in an Italian restaurant, taking note of every customer and staff member she passed, memorising their locations and pondering where they might go to in the future. It wasn’t sonder, it was an act of fear. Hyeran was mapping the restaurant in her head in case of emergency, and she needed the safety of other people to avoid anything weird or dangerous that Taekwoon might do.

“Now I have a question for you, Hyeran,” Taekwoon announced. The lawyer raised an eyebrow, expressing her apprehension. Taekwoon continued anyway.
“What is the real reason that you decided to meet with me?” Hyeran opened to restate herself, but the man cut her off. “Curiosity might be it, but isn’t it for something else?” Taekwoon smiled a devilish grin that was by far the most expressive thing she had ever seen the man do. She wasn’t certain to what Taekwoon was referring to- perhaps the question that burned sitting on her lips, have you been following me? Or more likely, with the cheek of hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter