Chapter 10 - A Facade For Herself

Cold Beautiful Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyeran hadn’t seen Taekwoon in weeks, supposedly, yet it seemed like the man was everywhere. Mundane everyday activities like grocery shopping had turned into mind games because she would believe she had spotted her client somewhere, but then she would always somehow lose sight of the man. Either she was going crazy or Jung Taekwoon was playing cat-and-mouse with her.

Ever since that first encounter with the accused murderer, Taekwoon had been an inerasable memory for her, and it appeared that forgetting his face was something that the world would not even permit. If this were all the doing of Hyeran’s subconscious, then what did that mean? Love? An obsession? Hyeran thought she had known love in her life, but the object of her affection never made her question her own sanity.

Taekwoon would not steal her focus. It belonged to Hyeran and a man like Taekwoon had no business coming into her head and making turmoil of everything. Hyeran had her determination set when she set out for work, and during work, and after work. Then everything went awry.

Driving home, already in the street of her apartment block, Hyeran was convinced she had yet again laid her eyes upon the figure of the client that constantly gave her headaches. Taekwoon was in her street, she was sure. But she could only drive past. Her suspicion was confirmed, however, when she had arrived home, climbed the stairs and entered her bedroom to change.

From the second floor, Hyeran’s bedroom window overlooked the road that she had driven along moments ago, and that was curr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter