1004 (02)

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Coffee. 

Sweets.

Music. 

Fire.

Snow.

Everything was just perfect for her. It felt like heaven and she loved it. 

She was sitting next to the window with a cup of coffee in her hand and her dog Z was next to her feet. She decided that she will finish her work later after she has her breakfast and takes her dog out for a walk in the woods. She didn't have much work to do so she wasn't in a hurry. Besides she hated being in a rush, it stressed her out and in those cases she made mistakes. He had her pace and she hated when someone tried to change it. 

Besides today's weather was great for a walk. It was snowing. There was something about Winter that she loved but she was never really understood why. It was relaxing for her, but at the same time, it was a mystery to her. The cold never bothered her and she couldn't understand people who always complained about the coldness. 

Sometimes she had a feeling like Winter was related to her childhood but she doesn't know in what way. She doesn't remember much from her childhood. No matter how much she tried to remember it was a fail and a big blank from that period of time. At first, it bothered her but later on, she accepted it the way it was. 

Her parents always told her that it was related to an accident she had when she was a child, but once again she doesn't remember the accident as well. Sometimes she wished she did remember it because she was curious about it for some strange reason. She couldn't really put her finger on it and explain why, but she just did.  

She had many questions about her childhood and she wanted answers to them. But every time she would ask her parents about it they would brush it off. And another thing she found strange was that there were no pictures of her as a child. She tried to search for them but there was no use. She wanted to know.

Her parents once again never gave her answers related to that as well. She would have a feeling that they are hiding something from her. Her father would get angry easily when she would ask certain questions so in the end to avoid arguments she drops it. All she remembers are some memories with her father mostly, the happy memories of course. Things changed later and they weren't as close as she remembers them to be. 

There were times when she would ask herself why? What changed? Why did her parents become so distant at some point? She never really understood no matter how much she thought about it. A part of her wanted answers, but then again a part of her didn't want answers. She was a bit scared of what she would hear, but at the same time, she wasn't. It was a bit complicated for her as well and she didn't always understand.

Haneul's mornings were pretty much the same, but it didn't bother her much. It was her choice, and she wanted to spend most of her time at home. The home was her comfortable place, her safe place. Her little world. A place where she could be herself and not worry about things. She worked as an editor and she liked it since her job also offered her flexibility. 

The less she spent time with people the better she felt. It was hard for her to explain, but ever since she was in high school she tended to stay away from others the best she could. It's not that she didn't like to hang out, she just didn't allow everyone to be her friend. Some people understood and others didn't, but she didn't bother her. It was okay. 

Haneul was an only child and when she turned eighteen she moved out of her parent's house ever since then she has been living alone. She does visit her parents once a week, but most of her time she spends alone or with her best friend Ji Chang Wook. He was like a brother to her and the only person she could talk to.

Aside from him the only time she had to be around people is for her cousin's birthday, but she only goes because they are family, that's all there is to it. She wasn't a fan of crowded places, drunks, loud music, and parties in general. She didn't understand why people were so excited about getting drunk or partying all night. 

There was nothing attractive about it and it felt like torture for her to go, but if she didn't her cousin will complain and be a drama queen about it. She sighed at that thought. Her cousin's birthday was coming up. 

Her phone started to ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter