Chapter 9: Secrets

THE SUN

Ahyoung still in her room, she still thinking about what Jonghyun said last night..
“Why he said like that?, there is no much time..why?,” she asked to herself, “should I came?, I pretended that I didn’t curious about that secret..ahh,” she screamed.
“What are you doing?, just come out from your room, help me,” her mom said out loud.
“Alright,” she answered then come out from her room, “are you going to go to some where?,” she asked when she saw her mother packed so many food.
“There will be a guest in our florist, he said he’ll come today, he said to me that he miss his mom cooking, so I tried to make his favourite food,” she replied while cut the kimbab.
“He?, who?,” Ahyoung asked while take one of kimbab.
“You asked to me before, about him,” Ahyoung tried to remember, then..
“Nam Mingook?,” her mother nodding, “are you that close to him?,” she asked in disbelief that their relationship is in this level, then help her mom.
“I call him as my son, and he calls me mom. We are that close already, you know?,” her mom sound so pround.
“Ah..seriously, ”while packing the food, “you never do this to me before..” she protested.
“I do it for you and your father everyday..” she sheilded herself, “for your breakfast and lunch..me who cook the foods for you..don’t ever say that I didn’t do the same thing to you..” they finished packing, “you can come too and join us..he is really talk active person..” she said then bring the lunch box, “I leave first, you can eat that for your lunch..” her mom point to the left over food that she put on the table,
“Ah..seriouslly, you are mean, mom..” Ahyoung protest, her mom just smile to her and leave her. Not long after that, Ahyoung’s phone rang,
“Hello,” she picked up the call.
“Come to the office, it’s emergency..” after heard that Ahyoung rushed to change her cloth. The radio staff look in panic state, Ahyoung who just come wondering what’s going on,
“You know…that hot writer, suddenly contacted me and said that he can’t come in tonight broadcast..then he said that he’ll paid for the loss. Is he crazy?,” the PD look angry right now.
“What..?, what’s the reason?,” Ahyoung asked.
“He said that he is sick..so he can’t come, what are we going to do right now..we didn’t have plan B for today broadcast.”
“It’s not like he want to sick, so we couldn’t blame him too. Then start make script now, I’ll help..” then put her bag then start to make the script for today broadcast. When she busy writing for today script, there is a call fro Soojin, “why unni?,” she asled after pick up the call.
“The court granted our wish, they already summoned Nam Minjoon, still as a witness, ” after heard that, Ahyoung smile,
“Thank you unni for working hard.. ” she said, she look sad though.
“Don’t say that, we still in the middle of our journey..we still have a long journey..” she said, when Ahyoung about to end the call suddenly, “ah..Ahyoung-ah, today, Jonghyun come again and give me a photo of car number, he said that car always followed you in this week..” she said, “he look worried about you..he know about the stalker too?,” she asked.
“What is he doing now?, he is the one who followed me in this past week..why reported another person,” she look happy though after heard that Jonghyun still have interested in her live, “just let him be..,” after that she end the call and searching Jonghyun contact in her phone, she almost delete that phone number after that day, but she decided that she won’t delete that number, in case someday she’ll need it, like today…”should I call him that I’ll come..and let him tell me their family secret..” she decided to call him, but when he pick up the phone, she just keep silent, until he call her name loudly,
“You have something to tell me, right?, what’s that?,” he asked.
“It’s just..want to said..let me know your family secret..” she said, that words make him smile,
“Okay..I’ll, but not today. Tomorrow, come to the hospital around lunch break, I’ll take you to that secret,” he said, after that she end the call.
“I did the right thing, right?,” she asked to herself then put back her phone in to her pocket. While Jonghyun called another person after end the call,
“I’ll grant one of your wish tomorrow…,” he said then smile.
*
The next morning, her mom blubbering about meeting Mingook to her daughter who still not fully awake, she just come from broadcast studio because of that guest problem, her team must take the punishment to invite another guest for tonight broadcast, although is really an imposible task, her team did that..this morning one of the candidate contact them that he/she can come to the tonight broadcast..
“Wake up, what’s wrong with your eyes?,” her mom asked, “you heard what I’ve said before, right?,” she asked once again.
“I want to take a sleep, now. So if mom want to tell me the story about meeting Nam Mingook, tell me later, ” then goes to her room after drinking a glass of water.
After take a sleep for 3 hours, she got massage, that sound of her ringtone make her wake up and read the massage, it’s from Jonghyun…


I’ll wait for you in the hospital..
We’ll go to the secret place in an hour..
so you must get ready now

After read that, she rushed to take a bath,
“Where are you going?, you just sleep for two hours…yah..” her mom said out loud when she saw her daughter run to the bathroom, “yesterday, Mingook said to mom that my daughter is really beautiful,” she suddenly start to tell Ahyoung about meeting Mingook, “I asked to him, did he have eyes problem?, because he is the first one who said that..” Ahyoung heard that.
“What are you saying mom, he is not the first one though..” she protested, “you must greatfull to have such a pretty daughter like me,” she full of confident. Not long after that, she come out from bathroom, “if you meet him again, said my gratitude to him..thank you for saying that I’m beautifull..” she is giggling by herself then run to her room.
“Where are you going?, you said you want to take a rest..”
“There is something important that I must see..” she come out from her room, wearing dark shirt and jeans, and bringing a small bag, “I’ll leave first..”
“I’ll tell you a long story about Mingook, so don’t come home late..” her mom said it loud.
“But, I’ll go straight to the radio after that..tell me tomorrow then..hehe,” she said while wearing her shoes.
She arrived in front of hospital, but she still hesitant to meet him or not even after said that she want to know the secret, but in the end, she enter the hospital and meet Hyeri there, who came to see Jonghyun, they still have conversation, until Hyeri noticed that Ahyoung come,
“What are you doing here?,” Hyeri asked.
“I’m the one who told her to came..I’ll leave first, ” he said and then leave Hyeri.
“Yah..Hong Jonghyun,” she screamed, and it’s make all attention on her, “stop there…”Hyeri walking closer to them, “you told er to come, but I come first, so..don’t leave when I’m not finish..”
“You want to talk about our parent’s plan, right?, we’ll talk it later..let’s go, Ahyoung-ssi,” he said to Ahyoung, but no response from her, so suddenly he grabs her hand in front of Hyeri, “I said let’s go..” Hyeri speechless looking at these two,
“Why I feel that something happen between her and Jonghyun..” she said that in angry tone.
On their way to the secret place, Jonghyun try to tell her about that secret,
“Because I think you’ll get surprise once you see him, I’ll tell you..that the one we’ll meet now is the one who meet you for the first time 7 years ago..” Ahyoung still confused with his words, “the one who you looking for..the one who know about your brother’s incident,” he said that, suddenly he gave Ahyoung a blanket, “cover your body with this..,,” he said then fixed Ahyoung seat, “because I shouldn’t bring someone else to that place,” after know the reason, Ahyoung cover her body with that blanket and sleep in back seat, “we arrived,” he said after about 15 minutes, they are in a big garage with so many cars, Ahyoung stare at them,
“What is this?,” she asked, but no one answer that.
“Let’s go,” someone open the car door, Ahyoung look at him,
“Is these your cars?, Daebakkk,” she asked with wide eyes while get off from the car.
“My family’s cars..” Jonghyun answered while leading her to enter a big house. That house successfully made Ahyoung amazed,
“No wonder, you are Mirae faundation’s son after all..,” she said while looking around that big house, they go up in second floor, “is that your room?,” she asked while pointing out a room that can be seen from far,
“In the second floor, there is three room, for me, for guest, and for the secret,” he answered her question, then suddenly he is stop, Ahyoung who still focus to the house, didn’t know that Jonghyun already stop his step then she bumped at him, “wehave arrived, this is secret room..” he said while putting on the password of the room,
“What kind of secret is that?, is that secret really big until you placed it in this room?,” she asked again and again, then he open the door,
“You can see it by yourself..” he said, “hyung, your gift is coming,” he talked to the someone in that room, “you already prepared for her coming?, wah..,” Ahyoung come in while thinking what’s he talking about? Gift?, she is the one who standing there and about to come in to the room,
“You called me gift?,” she asked, but Jonghyun grabs her shoulder and turn her body to someone who already waiting for her in that room, “I’ll back to hospital for now, both of you enjoy your time..” he said, while he is about to leave the room, Ahyoung grab his hand,
“What is this?,” her body trembeling, “can you explain to me?,” her face suddenly look so pale.
“He is the one who you are looking for, he is the one who meet you 7 years ago..with name Hong Jonghyun, he is my brother, his name is Hong Jonghoon,” he said, after heard that, her body feel weak, she didn’t prepare for this, what kind of secret is this…
“Wait,” she tried to holding on the table near her, “is that why you didn’t remember anything about the past?,” she asked while looking a the floor, “I feel dizzy now,” Jonghyun hold her body, Jonghoon looking at them, he want to help Ahyoung, but he even couldn’t stand on his feet by himself,
“Are you okay?,” Jonghyun asked.
“You can sit here, Ahyoung-ah,” Jonghoon said, Ahyoung tried to looking at him who still on his bed,
“Can you tell me, what’s it?, he is the one who meet me 7 years ago, not you?,” she asked to Jonghyun.
“He’ll tell you all about that..so, sit on that chair,” he grabs her hand and lead her to the chair, “I’ll leave you with her, so tell her about everything..,” when he is about to leave the room, once again Jonghyun looking at confused Ahyoung who still couldn’t look at hhis hyung properly, “you’ll be okay, right?,” he said while rubbing her back, Jonghoon looking at them strangely, he feel that it’s not their first time meeting, because they look so close to each other,
“Is it your first time you meet her?,” Jonghoon finally asked that,
“No, it’s not our first time meeting. Sorry for not telling you about that,” Jonghyun answered while looking at his brother, “she thought, me were you..we meet like that, now tell her about everything,” Jonghyun walking closer to his brother, ”you have so much time to talk to her,” he said, “I’ll be back when dinner time,” then he leave the room, he still looking at Ahyoung while close the door, “she’ll be okay, right?,” he said after close the door.
While in the room, Ahyoung still couldn’t looking at him, Jonghoon trying to start the conversation while looking at Ahyoung,
“Sorry, for make you in this kind of state..7 years ago, it was me who meet you..and I used Jonghyun name while introduced to you..” Ahyoung trying to looking at him slowly, “I’m a son who had illness, because of that I couldn’t attended the school nor come out from the house except for the therapy. Jonghyun give me time to come out from the house, and that time I meet you..as Jonghyun..” Jonghyun tried to get closer to Ahyoung, “I know itt’s too much for you, I’m really sorry..”
“So, that illness is the reason you became like this?, your body became like this?,” she asked about his condition, “did your illness became worse after that incident..” she suddenly bring out about her brother incident.
“No, it’s already worse since before. The reason why I want to meet you now, because I want to give testimony about that incident as witness, but because I think I couldn’t come to the court, I’ll give you testimony here..you must record it,” he give her his phone to record the testimony.
“Why you think you couldn’t come to the court..?,” she asked.
“Because, I have operation this month and after that operation, I think I can’t do it..so I need your time now..”
“Why?, what kind of operation is that?,” she asked.
“Once in a year, I have an operation in my brain..for this year operation, I heard that doctor said to my mom that it’ll be hard for me..so I think I have to prepare..” Ahyoung feel much closer to him now,
“So, is it the reason I couldn’t contact you since 7 years ago?,” she asked about that..
“Hmm..I should introduce myself to you now, as real me,” he move from her bd so he can get closer to Ahyoung, and reach her hand, Ahyoung is frozen, “I’m Hong Jonghoon, Jonghyun’s brother, sorry for the late introduction,” Ahyoung smile to him,
“I’m Kim Ahyoung..nice to meet you Jonghoon-ah..” Jonghoon smile to her after heard that, “we can record it another time, you must be have a lot of story that you want to tell to me, right?,” she said then Jonghoon smile, “we didn’t meet for that long..”
“You really good at talking, Yul DJ..hahaha,” after heard that, Ahyoung look surprised,
“How did you know about it?,” she asked.
“Jonghyun told me about it..I know a lot of about you..” they just meet again for three hours, but both of them feel comfortable around each other, just like 7 years ago..they just meet for a month but decided to became a couple. They talk a lot about their activities in this 7 years..Ahyoung told him anything that he want to know and Jonghoon told her anything that she want to know. Now it’s almost the dinner time,
“If you said I can record my testimony for another time, we can meet again after this?,” he asked.
“Of course, we’ll meet again after this,” Ahyoung give him an aple that she pealed just now, “we’ll meet again..so you can told me anything you want to do with me..I’ll grant it.”
“Then, can I tell you now?,” after saw Ahyoung nodding, he give her a headphone, “I want you to listen to this song with me, it’s my favourite song,” he said then Ahyoung take one of the headphone from him,
“Your favourite song?, okay, play it,” Ahyoung place the headphone on her ear, then smiling to him when the song start, it’s a song by Bruno Mars Just the way you are, “why you choosed this song as your favourite song?,” she asked, she still listening to the song,
“Because it’s remind me of you..” Ahyoung looking at him after heard that.
“You can be so cheesy like that?, I see..because it’s remind you of me?..” she smile after said that, she feel shy though..suddenly Jonghoon come near to Ahyoung, “what are you doing?,” she asked, the head phone still on their ears,
“Because it’s really comfortable..looking at you this close..” Ahyoung smile then tried to tease Jonghoon, “don’t do that, or I’ll be do something that unpredictable..”
“What?, do it then..I’m so curious,” she seems knowing what they’ll do after she said that.Ssomeone pressing the password of the room, but both of them didn’t hear that, they still in confersation, Jonghyun come in, when he’s about to calling his hyung name, he saw what they are doing,
“I’ll do it then..we are not that young anywhy..” then kiss her on her lips..Jonghyun saw that, he want to leave that room, but then, “you come?,” his hyung voice, he back again after heard that,
“Ah..yes, let’s eat..” they go to the dinning room. When Jonghoon wait for them in dining room, Ahyoung helps Jonghyun to prepare for dinner in kitchen,
“You don’t have house maid?,” Ahyoung asked while cutting the fruits.
“We have, but for today, they go home faster..” he said without looking at her.
“You saw what we did before?,” she asked.
“I thought that you still angry to him..but I know my thought is wrong after saw that..” his tone sound like an angry tone.
“Why?, why suddenly talking in that tone?, so scarry..”
“I don’t know why, but I feel hurt by seeing that…why, you want to heal my pain?,” he asked then turn his head to looking at her closely.
“Don’t do this,” she pushed him, then continue cutting the fruits.
“Do you want to know another secret that I hided?,” he asked while walking back to his position.
“Just finished the food, your hyung is waiting..” then she go straight to the dining room while bring a plate of fruits,
“You’ll be surprise if you know it..” he said that.
“Tell me later..let’s eat, after this I must go to the studio broadcast.”
I just want to say..that you succed to make me falling in love with you..what should I do now?...Ahyoung-ah..