Chapter 3: The meeting

THE SUN

February 2016:
“Today is the first day..starlight radio broadcast at 10 PM, and still with me Yul DJ.., for today topic..’when winter end..I..’ send your opinion to us..we’ll wait for you..,” although she greet the listeners cheerfully, her face is so gloomy, “today I’ll read one of the story that one of our listener sent to us, but before that..we’ll hear a song that fit well with winter, song by the rolling stone-winter,” the song start, Ahyoung start yawning, PD saw that and she enter broadcast room,
“Sleepy?, it’s your first day though..tell me honestly you don’t want to do late broadcast because you always sleep early, right?,” she tried to play joke on her, but she really in bad mood, “sorry, I hope, this will help you to heal your trauma,” she talk in soft voice.
“Don’t say about it in studio, ok?. How can it’ll help me?, I think it’ll make me more afraid..”
“Don’t you know, one of the ways to heal a trauma is..face the things that made you afraid..so, face it, starting tonight..fighting!!,” she leave the broadcast room, Ahyoung still glaring at her.
“How was the song?, it’s nice right?. So, now, I’ll read the story..the title is ‘my cold boyfried’ by Min.”


Today is our first anniversary..we date for a year, but..
In this whole year I feel that I dated with a mannequin,
He is the type who didn’t talk a lot, if we go on date, he just sit and never talk..
I wonder how could I endured it all this time?
Today, we have plan to have a party, but..
he said that he’s not a child anymore, he won’t do that..
What should I do now?, I’m really hold my anger for this past year.
I feel that every month is winter.


“Min-ssi, you are really strong. I think, what makes you strong is..because you really love him. Because you love him, you endure the pain all this time. And in the end, it’s you who will choose..to continue love him or not.If you decide to continue to love him, I think he’ll notice it, that there is no other woman like you..and he’ll start to transform to the real human..to real man who really love you. Keep strong and then you’ll feel another season in your live..fighting, ” and then the comercial start, she put the headphone on the table and look at the PD and writer, the PD smiles to her.
Radio end at 11 PM, Ahyoung takes deep sigh and then take her bag, “I’ll leave first..”.
“Hmm..you have worked hard,” the PD screamed.
“Ah..PDnim..she doesn’t get angry today, do you make some deal with her?.” The maknae of the team asked.
“You didn’t saw she put that gloomy face the whole broadcast?, ” the writer answer his question.
“Although she put gloomy face, she still did it until closing. I hope, tomorrow, she’ll be like this,” the maknae said while organizing the table.
“I think, tomorrow, she will say something to the whole team..so there won’t be any misunderstanding. And I hope, the three of you..not say bad thing about her after that.”
In lobby, someone call Ahyoung, it’s Minah,
“Why?,” she asked.
“Yah..can you help me?,” Minah asked some help to her.
“I’m the one who need help right now..what can I do for you?,” Ahyoung asked.
“On Friday, there will be a party in Mirae foundation, to celebrate 15th anniversary and welcoming party for the chairman’s son..but, there is problem. The MC, suddenly can’t come on that day..so I recommended you to became MC for that day..how?,” Minah work in Mirae hospital. Ahyoung still processing to understand what she said,
“Chairman’s son?Hong Jonghyun..? What time?,” she asked.
“Will start at 3 PM..it’ll end in 3 hours..it won’t disturb your work..” Ahyoung agree to be the MC for Mirae foundation anniversary party, then she call Soojin to let her know that she gets a way to meet Hong Jonghyun,
“So, when will you meet him?,” she asked.
“After party, I’ll try..” she answer.
“Your broadcast already end, it’s near midnight, are you okay?,” she start worry about her.
“I’ll try to face it. Someone said to me, to heal my trauma is face it, so I’ll face it, start from today. Thank you for worring about me..,” she said makes Soojin laughed.
“Yah..you never say that word to me..okay..be carefull..”
Ahyoung comeout from the building, take a deep sigh and gaining strength,
“If I can face it, I’ll lose this job..okay..I can do it..” she put her head phone..the night street, still there many people outside, why she must be afraid. She occasionally look around..she afraid that her stalker suddenly come out from his hidden place. In this seven years, the stalker didn’t sent her mail to the radio broadcast or present to her house often. Just in important days..like on her birthday, on her graduation day, or new year. He still use that MG initial..
*
Ahyoung meet Minah in Mirae hospital lobby, they talk about MC offer, Ahyoung meet someone from Mirae foundation,
“Hello, Kim Ahyoung-ssi, thank you for coming..” she greets Ahyoung, “When Minah-ssi recomeded you as our anniversary party, we immedietly agreed, because you famous in that field.”
“Ah..I’m not that famous..so, the event.. ”
“Ah..” she start explains to Ahyoung about anniversary event..then..she start say Jonghyun name..”he is from medical faculty..for now he’ll be appointed as new surgery doctor in Mirae hospital..but someday..he’ll be the head of surgery doctors team.” Ahyoung listen to her carefully. After get the direction from her, Ahyoung comeout from Mirae hospital..
“When you became this great, do you still remember about me?, why I became smaller like this..I don’t have confidence to meet you,” she takes a deep sigh and leave the hospital.
She comes to coffee shop to meet Soojin, Soojin wait for her with two cup of coffee,
“Vanilla latte for you..because you didn’t really like Americano,” she said when Ahyoung sit in front of her while give her a cup of coffee.
“Wah..you know something about me..thank you.”
“I think lately, you said that word often. You said that there is a bodyguard who always with him because he has a weak body, my teammate take this photo when he come this morning, there are three body guard..” she show her a photo..Jonghyun and his bodyguard..
“Bodyguard ahjussi still with him..he is that bodyguard..I don’t think he saw the driver well because he is far from us, but I think he knows what happen to Jonghyun after that incident. But, I’ll try to ask Jonghyun first..because he know about that driver..and car’s number.” After that..she shows her a photo of the car that hit her oppa that day,
“It’s the car..I tried too looking for this car..but I couldn’t find it..is it because already seven years?. I’ll try hard to find this car..so you must try persuade Jonghyun so he want to give us testimony..okay?.” Ahyoung replied that with a smile.
*
Today is the anniversary party of Mirae foundation, Ahyoung dress up prettily as the MC. It’s nothing for her because she often invite in this kind of event, but for this she get nervous, not because of the guests but because of Jonghyun..she open the event..when the music start..the main door open, and there are some people comeout..Jonghyun is there..behind his dad, Ahyoung look more nervous as she call his name when his appointment ceremony begin…”what should I do?, I’m so nervous right now,” she tried to calm herself. The event end in 2 hours, the guest talk to each other and eat the food..suddenly someone calling Ahyoung,
“Chairman..want to talk to you, ” she said, if the chairman want to talk to me, then..
“Okay..I’ll go there,” Ahyoung go to meet the chairman, in chairman table there are Jonghyun, his mother, and someone from Mirae school, “Annyong hasseo,” Ahyoung greet them while bowing.
“Sit down,” Ahyoung sit with them the chairman start to introduce his family, “she is my wife,” Ahyoung bows to her, “he is my son, Jonghyun,” she bows to her, Jonghyun look don’t know anything about her,
“You lead the event really well,” Jonghyun praised her..I think..he really forget about us..
“Thank you..” Ahyoung said awkwardly. They talk about Mirae foundation, and asked Ahyoung if she can come again if Mirae foundation have an event, Ahyoung replied it, “of course I’ll come..” she gain courage to ask something about Jonghyun when his dad told story about his son, “So..you go to America 7 years ago?,” she asked.
“Yes..in March?, I think around March, and once a year I’ll go home..” he answer without suspicious.
“When high school..he always study hard..he never come to a concert or something like that..” his mother add the story.
“Hmm..because I don’t really like to go to the concert..I like to watch it from TV or just listen it.”
Never come to concert?, he came with me..new year concert..and then he said that he like concert. Ahyoung couldn’t control her facial expression,
“Hmm..excusme..I’ll leave first, because there is radio broadcast after this..then..good bye,” Ahyoung leave them in pain, “he didn’t remember anything about us,” suddenly a tears fall down..”why am I crying?like crazy person..it’s not like we’ve date so long,” she wipe her tears, she change her dress..when she come out from dress room, she saw someone calling someone, not far from the change room..Jonghyun is there. Ahyoung muster up courage and decide to ask him,
“Excuse me..” she said when she knows that he end the call.
“Ah..Yes, Ahyoung-ssi..”
“Can I ask something to you?. Sorry if it’s rude, but you didn’t recognized me?,” she asked.
“Were we meet before?, because I think it’s my first time meeting you,” he said that..Ahyoung confirmed it..that he forget about her. He is the Jonghyun she knows seven years ago right?, he has the same name, the same face, but he didn’t have the same memories,
“We meet before..long time ago..I think for you it was not a good time, so you forget about it. It’s okay, then I’ll leave first,” her heart broke, he didn’t remeber anything about them..don’t talk about that incident..she is so sure that he also forget about that. Jonghyun look at her from a far,
“Did we really meet long time ago?, why I don’t have recolection at all then?, I’m not that bad at remembering someone..” he scratch his head.
When she about to get out from the building, she saw someone in lobby, someone realy familiar, she take a look and then call him when she sure who is he,
“Bodyguard ahjussi,” she called him, he didn’t know who called that..but somewhat he familiar with that voice and that nickname, so he turn his head..Ahyoung walk to him, he just smiling to her,
“Ahjussi still remember about me?,” she asked.
“Yes..you lead the event well..and became a pretty lady as well..” he praised her, not like his character.
“Ah..thank you..you can remember me, but why Jonghyun seem forget about me?, I talked to him just now, but he didn’t recognize me..do you know what happen to him?,” she asked..”I want to ask him..my brother died 7 years ago because someone hit him with a car, he saw that..I hope he remember something about that so we can catch the real criminal,” before he answer her question, someone called him, and then he said,
“I promise I’ll tell you about it. But, don’t ask about that to Jonghyun-ssi. Can you promise that?, I’ll give you my number, call me in tomorrow..I’ll tell you all about that.” And then he leave her in confussion...
*
Ahyoung POV:
Today, I’ll meet bodyguard Ahjussi. As he promise before that he’ll tell me..about it (about that day incident, about Jonghyun). I’m waiting for him in a cafe, he come, I greet him cheerfully, but his response just his stiff face..aishh..I really don’t like that style,
“Bodyguard ahjussi, I know that you are someone who protect your boss, but can’t you smile a little bit, like we meet at anniversary party before..it was my first saw you smile.”
“Then, yesterday was your first time and your last time you saw me smile,” now it’s him who makes my face stiff, what’s wrong with this man..,”as I promised before. I tell to you..something happen to Jonghyun that day..when your oppa hit by car, he run to looking for the criminal, but he get hit in the head by that criminal . And, after that he get amnesia, if you try to make him remember what happen that day, his health will became worst..” my face become more stiff..what is this, this stiff man suddeny talking about something serious when I’m not in good mood to accept that kind of news. I’m not in right state now, in one side I want to believe it..because of one reason..he didn’t remember me not because of he didn’t want to remember anything about me or already forget about me..but because he can’t remember ..his memory with me already dissapear from his mind, since 7 years ago. But in the other side..I feel sorry and sad, because of me..he became like this..and then..the witnesses will be reduced.
“What is this?, why talking like that?, who’s get amnesia?. You just come but said strange things..sit comfortablly first, I’ll order some drink for you.” I want to hide this face, I think my eyes can’t handle my tears again and go to order something for him. After wiped my tears, I go back and give him his drink,
“I’ll meet the detective and give my testimony about that incident. I don’t think it’ll help much..but still I want to do it. Just, don’t bother him. He have passed his critical moment to comeback like that..so I hope you won’t ask him anything about that incident,” he drink the coffe she baught, “I’ll go to police station now..wanna go with me?,” Bodyguard ahjussi asked, Ahyoung take a deep sigh and then noded, she take her phone and inform Soojin that she and bodyguard ahjussi will go there. Her step became heavy as the words that Bodyguard ahjussi said to her echoed in her head again and again. Soojin welcome them when they reached the police station, when she look at Ahyoung,
“What’s wrong with your face?, ” Soojin knows something wrong here, “just sit here, wait for me..I’ll be back,” she head to introgating room with Bodyguard ahjussi, and Ahyoung sit on the chair while put her head on the table.
“Excusme, it’s hot tea..Detective Park want me to make it for you,” he is Soojin’s junior, he brings a cup of hot tea with him, Ahyoung say thanks to him and then he leave her, she put her head on the table again. It’s almost an hour, Soojin done with Bodyguard ahjussi’s testimony and back to Ahyoung,
“No wonder she like that when she come here, what should I do now?,” she looks at Ahyoung from a far, Ahyoung still in that position. She walks closer to Ahyoung and rubbing her back when she next to her, “it’s okay,” she want to makes her calm down. Ahyoung lift her head and look at Soojin, “you look miserable..”
“I’m okay if he forget about me..but he get that pain because of me..because I want him to follow the driver who drive that car. If that day I just stay quiet and let him contact police..then he won’t like this now.., how he endure that pain, I know that he had a weak body..and he get hit on his head..,” she cry, once again, her eyes are all red..suddenly she hug Soojin,
“It’s okay, let’s go to somewhere else..here it’s not really a nice pleace, ” she drag her out of police station.
Here they are, in a park. Soojin looking for a bench near the lake. She drag Ahyoung there,
“Unni, I feel sorry to him, but somehow..I feel relieved that he isn’t purposelly foget about me, he jus couldn’t remember about me..am I bad?,” she said when she just sit on the bench.
“Why are you bad?, it’s okay. Yah, although you just dated him for 22 days, but that feeling for him still the same until now, right?.”
“Because he was there when I need someone next to me. That year was hard for me, rejection of my confession, the stalker, final exam, collage entrance exam...but he always there.. when I call him late night..he always comfort me..don’t you think it would be very difficult not to fall in love with him, right?. He has that handsome face too. He know much about me, but then..he forget all about it..he forget it because of me..”
“Why are you saying like that?, it’s not like you want that happen. Ah, about the bodyguard testimony, I think it’s not enough, so from tomorrow, I’ll try to persuade Oh Jinhyuk to tell me about the one who order him to turn him in..and you, can you come to your oppa hospital and ask his patients record and his guest book,”
“Why suddenly patients record?,” Ahyoung asked.
“Maybe it’ll be immportant for us to diging this case, ” Ahyoung noded after hearing the reason from Soojin, “after this you’ll be okay, right?.”
“I’ll be okay...and I’ll try something..so he’ll remeber me..so I’m not the only one who has that memories.”
“What will you do?,” she asked, but Ahyoung just smile to her.
“Let’s try hard to solve this case, fighting,” Ahyoung looks more passion than before.

Forgeting is natural, because we are human...we can’t remember all things
that happento us before. But don’t forget that we always have someone next to us
who will remind us about the memories that lost from us.
They are the one who will complate it.