Chapter 12 : Behind the story

THE SUN

After meet with Minjoon’s father and Mingook, Ahyoung became curious what happen exactly in the past that make Minjoon’s father said that to her. She come to her brother while her parent sleeping. She start looking for something that had connection with Nam family in her brother room. She found a box under the bed, she trying to get the box,

“What is this?,” she asked after saw what’s in the box, she take it one by one. There is recorder, photo album and the other are papers, it’s look like her brother observed something back then. She then play the recorder, from that recorder, she can hear her brother’s voice that she miss,

Today is my first day as an intern here…but when I come to the hospital,I found something shocking. I meet a friend from elementary school, we were so close back then, but when we meet in this hospital it’s feel awkward. He said to me that his mother is there as a patient. It’s not a normal hospital, it’s mental hospital. What happen to his mother..why she is here?. I couldn’t asked him…” .

“ So they really a close friend back then, before he meet me. ” Her phone rang, a phone call from Jonghoon, she pick up his call, “it’s already this late, you should sleep Jonghoon-ah..” she said.

“How can I sleep, before knowing your condition. Are you okay?, I heard from Jonghyun that you meet Minjoon’s father..” he asked.

“I’m okay, I’m really okay…just little bit shocked. Don’t worry, just sleep, good night, nice dream..” she said then end the call, then she back to the recorder, she play it again,

I meet his mother today..back then I meet her when she pick Minjoon up at school, she look so different from before. Doctor said that she is a special patient, no one know except her family and the doctors who Nam’s family trust. Because I’m Minjoon’s close friend, Minjoon allowed me to meet her. The doctor said that she get depression..

I tried to getting know more about her and her current condition, I make journal about her everyday. I don’t know why I’m interested in Minjoon’s mother condition, but I really wanna help her  back to the real her, like before..

Then she try to search what Minjoon’s father said before that her brother ever said something about his wife in TV, she found it about her brother talking something about his patient, but he never said his patient name, why Minjoon’s father seem really angry to her brother…

“Why is he really angry to oppa?, is there something else that he did to Nam Family?,” she asked to herself.  She keep hearing her brother recorder,

Today Minjoon’s father come to hospital, he isn’t trying to talk to his wife, he just watching her from the door. I tried to ask him, but I didn’t get his answer. My senior told me that, since his wife come to this hospital, he never talk to her..it’s because he feel embarrassed by her. Isn’t she his wife?, why he did that?, is it because his wife became a patient in a  mental hospital..my father is better than him then..back then I always said that I disappointed by him because he trying to forget mom by married another woman, but now..he’s the best..

While listening, she trying to find the journal that her brother said before. Journal about Minjoon’s mother,

“Where is it?, why I couldn’t find it?,” she said after searching for 30 minutes, then she remember something, “Mingook…Mingook must know something about it..had my brother done something bad to Nam family?,” she stay in her brother room until morning. When her father checked her room in the morning, she isn’t there,

“Honey, where is she?, ” he asked his wife who just woke up.

“She came home last night, I heard her voice,” she said while walking to Ahyoung’s bedroom, she isn’t there, “since last night, I have a bad feeling, Soojin suddenly asked whether she is home or not..then Mingook asked about Soojin number, ah where is she?, why make us worried like this?,” she trying to call her daughter, then the ringtone of her daughter phone in her son bedroom, “is she there?, what is she doing there?,” she asked then slowly open the room door, “she is here..she sleep tightly while the other worried about her,” she enter her son room and hit her daughter arm really hard, “yah..wake up..what are you doing here?, why you make your brother room like this?,” she asked to Ahyoung after looking at her son room in mess.

“Looking for evidences, I’m sorry mom, I’ll clean up leter, okay..,” then continue sleeping after grab one of papers near her.

“Sleep in your room.., ah..last night, was there something going on? Soojin asked me whether you are home or not, then Mingook asked me about Soojin’ number..how did he know about Soojin?, ” her mother asked, make Ahyoung fully awake.

“Mingook asked Soojin unnie number?, then, mom, give me his phone number,” she said while looking for her phone, while her mom searching Mingook phone number, “I don’t know whether he know Soojin Unnie or not, but I want to say thank you to him because he help me..,” she said while typing his phone number then sent a messege to him, “thank you mom,” she kissed her mom then clean up her brother room.

*

She meet Soojin in a café near police station, she give the recorder and her conclusion after heard it,

“There is something missing here..something really important..maybe it’s start from that thing..,” she said to Soojin who still reading the conclusion  that Ahyoung gave.

“What is that?,” Soojin asked.

“Journal, I couldn’t find it in oppa room…”

“So, you think the reason behind hit and run that have done by Minjoon is because of his mother..,” Soojin asked after read the conclusion that Ahyoung made, Ahyoung nodding,

“But, I must gather another evidences so it’ll be more stronger..Mr. Nam said to me..to stop the trial before it’s getting bigger..and make me hurt by knowing the real of my brother.., but still I can stop this like that..we already this far, how can I stop just because he requested to me..”

“So, your next plan to gather the evidences is?,” she asked.

“Meet Mingook..he’s the one who sent messege to you..I think he isn’t bad person..so I want to ask him..why he became my stalker in this past years..why he help me last night..” she said, not long after that, she heard a male voice,

“What are you saying?, you want to meet him?,” Jonghyun come, Ahyoung saw him and then she look at Soojin, she want an explanation from her,

“Anywhy, he know much about your brother case, so it’s not wrng to let him know about the process. He help you so much until today,” Soojin said, then Jonghyun sit next to Ahyoung,

“My hyung want me to always by your side when he is in recovery, so I’m here now..” he said, “you can continue what you said before. After meet Mingook, what are you going to do?,” he asked.

“Ask him what he know…I think he know much about what happen between my brother and his family. Then I’ll ask him whether he is the one who following me since 7 years ago..”

“Then..meet him with me,” he said, Soojin just looking at them while smiling.

“Why I must come with you?, I’ll come by myself…are you sure you are a doctore?, as I know doctor is really busy with his patient,” she said.

“I’m doctor…but for today, I don’t have appointment with anyone…and I just finish my work to checked my patients condition..so I’m here now..so, come with me..”

“Just let her meet him by herself, we’ll watching her from a far…when and where you’ll meet him?,” Soojin asked Ahyoung.

“He said he’ll come tomorrow morning, near Han river, so I’ll go there tomorrow morning to meet him..”

“Okay, do you have time for tomorrow morning?,” Soojin asked, “don’t force it, if you don’t have time, I’ll watching her by myself..,” she said after look at Jongyun who still don’t know whether tomorrow he is free or not..

*

Before meet Mingook, Ahyoung in Soojin car waiting a call from Mingook,

“So, are you comeback with Jonghyun’s brother?,” she suddenly asked about that.

“Not..before I really angry to him because he suddenly leave me..but after know the reason, I understand him, but the feeling about liking him, now and back then not the same..I just afraid that he’ll misunderstand this as love, while I’m not really have that kind of feeling toward him..”

“But I think…he have it, he have that kind of feeling toward you.., and there is another person who have it..,” she said while grinning and wave her hand, “he is here,” Ahyoung looking at the car window behind her, there Jonghyun waving his hand, make her startled,

“Ah…what are you doing..,” she said then he smiling to her, he sit on the back seat, “Ah..he call, I’ll go now..,” she said while get out from the car then wave her hand to them, Jonghyun move to the front seat next to Soojin,

“So, you have time to spent..,” she said after Jonghyun sit.

“It’s still early morning anywhy, I’ll go to the hospital after this…” he said.

“I already interviewed the woman side, so now I’ll interview the man side..so, you love her?,” she asked.

“What’s her answer when you asked her?,” he’s not answering but asked her back.

“Unfortunatelly I didn’t asked the same question to her..hehe,” Soojin said.

“Then I won’t answer your question…” he said.

“Eventhough you didn’t answer it, I already know it…hehe,” she said and drink her coffee, “ahh..here they are,” point out outside the car where Mingook and Ahyoung sit next to each other, “don’t get jealous over this, okay,” she said, while Jonghyun smiling to her.

“Where we should begin this conversation,” he asked to Ahyoung.

“Before we start this conversatition, thank you, last night you helped me..”

“You already said that in your messege…okay, I’ll tell you the reason I followed you from 7 years ago…”, he start telling her, “because you were the only one who approached me when I cried in my mother funeral..from that day..I really want to always near you.., but I was afraid to approach you..so I followed you..sorry for make you scared everytime..” he said then smiling to her, she doesn’t know how to response it.., “and because of you..I’m not feel lonely anymore..”

“Ah..really..” she said that…only that because she doesn’t know what to do..

“And..this is..the journal and some photos..you want..my brother take this from your brother..after this..call me, if you still want to continue the trial or not..I have another thing that will help you in trial..,” he smile once again to her, “I’m really happy because I can talk to you like this..but you look uncomfortable around me..it’s because of what I’ve done to you that make you uncomfortable, right?,” he asked then she nodding, “sorry..for make anything became complicated like this…after this, I won’t follow you again..,” then he stand up, “bye..” he said then leave her like that.

“Thank you for coming..” she loudly said that, then smiling,  while Jonghyun who sit in the car feel uncomfortable with her smile toward her stalker,

“What’s wrong with you?,” Soojin asked.

“Nothing…”