Chapter 1: Re-open

THE SUN

“Saturday night with Starlight radio. The song that you heard just know is time forget by Yoon Hyun Sang~....” a DJ greet her listener with a cheerfull voice, “and still with me, Yul DJ..and now, it’s time to read the listeners answer from the question “what is Saturday night for you?”, the first answer is..from Lee Hana..”

A lonely night...

 

“Hmmm..don’t be sad, there is Starlight radio who will always by your side everynight..and there is me who will always accompany you with my cheerfull voice..okay, the next answer is..” she read three answer from the listener and then, “for the one who feel lonely in Saturday night..let’s hear the next song that I’ll choose..I miss you by..”and then she stop her words because of the PD looks angry to her, “I’m sorry..the song that you’ll hear is Me Gustas Tu by Yoja chinggu..” she put her head phone on the table and drink her coffee, the PD walking slowly to her, “I’m sorry..”

“Why?, is there something wrong today?,” she asked, “why you always choosed a glumy song to comfort the listener tonight?,” Yul DJ choosed almost sad song from the start.

“Tomorrow is seven years of his death..I don’t know, but I suddenly feel sad..so I choosed songs that fit with what I feel.. ” she look at the PD with sad face.

“It’s already seven years?, wah time fly really fast. It’s okay, don’t feel sorry. So tomorrow, you’ll be there?,” she asked while look at the screen.

“Hmm..with my parent..and his girlfriend..” she drank her coffe once again.

“She still go there?, wahh..daebak, it’s already seven years and she still go there. Ah, Ahyoung-ah, there is something that I want to talk to you,” she handed her a paper, Ahyoung read it and put on an angry face, “I think I’m the one that must say sorry to you, sorry, I begged to the director so our radio broadcast doesn’t change, but the manager still want to change it.. I hope you understand..that our manager is a willful person,” she begged her.

“You know that I must go home before 10 o’clock, but next week the broadcast start at 10 o’clock..”

“Mianhae…I couldn’t do anything..the commercial will be end in 10 seconds, you must announce it in the end, okay, ” and then leave her. Yul DJ start the broadcast again…in 10 minutes, the radio broadcast near to the closing, Ahyoung take the paper and unwillingly announce the information to the listeners,

“To all of Starlight radio listeners, tonight, Yul Dj have an information about radio broadcasting, from next week Starlight Radio will be live broadcast at 10 o’clock, so stay tune..” she put the paper and then, “but then..I don’t know Yul Dj will be there or not at that time..” it’s not in the script though, the writer get angry at Ahyoung’s words she want to enter broadcasting room but PD stop her, “of course I must there, since starlight radio and Yul Dj can not be separated. Tomorrow, in starlight radio..there is guest star, who is she/he, don’t miss it. For today, I’ll close the broadcast and..say good night..you have worked hard for today..,” and then end the broadcast,she look at the clock, still 9 o’clock, she take her bag and come out from broadcasting room, “don’t say anything..I know what I have done is immature, sorry. But I already said to the PD and all of you that I can’t do live broadcast at 10 PM..because I must go home before 10 PM, but it seem, you all take that as a joke..I leave first..” and then Ahyoung leave them.

“Why she always like that?, what’s the reason she can’t do live broadcast at 10 o’clock?, why she must go home before 10 o’clock?, is she Cinderella or something?, or just a spoiled daughter?” the maknae of the team start said what on his mind.

“You know something about it, right?, what’s makes her like that?,” writer asked to the PD.

“I can’t say it to you with my own mouth, just ask her. But, the exact thing are, she is not a Cinderella..or spoiled daughter,” the PD leave them who still in a big question with Yul Dj behavior today, the PD run to Ahyoung who is already in the lobby, “Ahyoung-ah..,” she screamed, Ahyoung turn her head and waiting for her until she comes to her, “tell them about the reason you are like this, so there isn’t misunderstanding between you and them,” she said.

“They won’t believe me,” and she in deep think, “but..someday, I’ll try to tell them, I leave first,” she said and then leave the PD.

“Want me to drive you home?,” she asked.

“No, my home is near here, bye..”.

*

Ahyoung POV:

Today is the day, seven years of his death. I know it’s already seven years, but everytime I’ll get sad when this day come. He’s not my boyfriend, he’s not my real brother, he’s just my step brother who became my first love. I’m still lazy to get up and prepare to go to his last place, but suddenly,

“Yah..Kim Ahyoung..,” she hit my back.., “get up and dress up, ypur mother told us to go there first, because father still have some work to do,” she is Soojin, his ex girlfriend, a detective.

“You don’t have a case today?, why come so early,” I protested to her, and then get up from bed.

“I took a day of so I can spend my time with him,” she start again, she gives too much love for him.

“If you like this, there won’t be man who dare to close to you. Because, your love for him is too much,” I said while take my towel and go to the bathroom.

“You also love him back then..love him very much,” she said in soft voice, because there is mom in kitchenmom didn't know anything about it.

After get prepared, now we are on the way to meet him. I ride Soojin unni car, I just silently look at outside cra, there is so much snow,the winter almost finished. Suddenly,

“I want to re-open his case,” I say once again, her love to him is too much, the driver who crashed him seven years ago already in jail, he turn him self and said that he’s sorry to us, his family. And he  realesed from jail two years ago,

“What are you doing?, the driver already realesed from jail, and you want to re-open, who are you trying to catch,” I asked to her.

“Because…I want to find out the real culprit. Ijust know that the driver who turned himself is not the real culprit..,” she gave a folder, I take a look at the folder and there are some photos, it’s look like from CCTV, “when the incident happen, he was in hospital..his daughter was get a surgery at that time.., and he get out from hospital, the next morning…so I need your help..” she stop the car when we arrived at the cemetery. I get out first with flowers in my hand and then she get out after me..I put the flowers on the cemetery and start get rid the gress that getting tall while talking to him,

“How have you been oppa, I’m here again. Dad and mom will come soon, like before, she always join us to go here,” I turned my head to her who just standing beside me and grining to me,

“Hello Woosik-ah, I came here again with your mean sister. She always like that to me, even after we get along well, she still like that,” I’m pouting my lips after heard those words, “Ah..Wooshik-ah, I’ll catch him, the real culprit for you..so you’ll rest in peace. So, in order to catch the real culprit, I need your sister’s contribution since she is the only witness in that case, ” she said while looking ta me, “so, I hope she want to walk hand in hand with me, so we can finish all of this for you,” she still looking at me.

We back to the car, she handed me that folder again, “so, do you want to join me?, I already said to my leader that I want to take care of this case, and he agreed after I handed ton of evidences that the real culprit is not Yoo Myungjoon, but other person,” I’m still silent, not give her my answer, “yah..you are his sister and the only one witness for this case…” she loudly told me that I’m her only hope because I’m the only one witness.

“I’m not the only one witness, there is someone else there, at that day..” my words make her shocked.

“What?, what are you saying, you are the one who are there when police come..”

“No, there is someone else,” I tried to make her believe that I’m not the only one witness, “that night, I come to my brother work place with someone and I want to introduce that someone to him,” I explain the detail to her.

“So, who is that someone?,” she asked to me.

“Didn’t you heard from Wooshik oppa, about me having a boyfriend at that time?,” I asked, and then she noded, “I want to introduce him to oppa that day, so he’ll believe me that I already have someone that I loved, and I want to give him a surprise the next day is his birthday, because he couldn’t go home at that day because of his work. ” She focused to the story that I told to her.

“So, your boyfriend saw that incident?,” I noded at her question, “but where was he going?, he’s not at that place,” she asked.

“I screamed to him and want him to catch the culprit, so he go. But he didn’t comeback after that,” suddenly my tears drop, I don’t know why, but the feeling that I miss him suddenly pop out of nowhere.

“Are you okay?,”she asked to me and I noded while wiping my tears, “so, do you know where is he?,” she asked to me.

“From that day I lose contact with him. I’m not in the right state after that incident, after my oppa funeral, I tried to contact him, but there isn't reply. Until today, I didn’t know anything about him,” she hold my hand.

“So, do you want to join me?. If you want, we’ll looking for him, looking for your boyfriend,” after long thought, I noded to her as sign that I want to join her, “for the first, let me know who is your boyfriend?,” she asked, I’m hesitant to answer her question, I remember that he told me to hide anything about him, that day because I forced him to meet my brother, he said that atleast one of my person know about him and then he agreed, “yah..who is he?, what’s his name?,” she asked once again.

“Hong Jonghyun, his name is Hong Jonghyun.” I said, she look shocked when I say his name,

“Hong Jonghyun?,” she take her phone in her pocket and search his name, “this Hong Jonghyun?,” she asked again while show me an article, the title is “Dr. Hong Yoohan’s son comeback to Korea soon as the best student from Harvad University”, and look at the photo next to the article,

“He is Dr. Hong Yoohan’s son?, Director of Mirae Foundation?,” I asked to her, because I know nothing about him, I just know that his name is Hong Jonghyun and he is from Mirae High school.

“You said that you are his girlfriend, but you don’t know about it?,” she start suspect me.

“I dated him just 22 days, I know him for two months..he said to me that..for now, it’s good to stay like this, we know about each other less..” she start doubt it, that I were Jonghyun’s girlfriend.

“I’m telling you the truth,” I show her the photo that I bring in my wallet, that’s the photo from our 22 days celebration, “that photo is from our 22 days celebration, after celebrated, we ahead to oppa’s hospital and that incident happen..and from that day..my trauma appear, trauma about 10 o’clock,” I read the article about him, “he still the same..I hope when we meet, he still remember me..” I said and give her phone back, she start the car and we go to police station.

“But..you two celebrate 22 days?, isn’t it too childish?,” she is teasing me.

“I’m just 18 year old at that time..so it was normal for me, don’t tease me again.” Because I agreed to join in this case’s investigation, “I have one condition, I will  join in this case, but I hope in the process, it won’t be disturb my job,” she noded..when I sit next to her, she show me that place’s photo..the place where my brother hit by a car. I already give them testimony seven years ago, but she want me to give her the detail. After heard about my testimony, she said to me,

“my partner said that Jonghyun will comeback to Korea in two days, you must meet him, and beg him to give us testimony about that incident, where he gone after you want him to catch the criminal.” I want to meet him, but I doubt if he still remember me..I think, for him, I just a girl who spent 22 days as his girlfriend, but nothing special about it.

“I’ll try..but I can’t guarantee if he still remember about us or not..”

“First, meet him..the next plan will be follow after that. In the future we’ll meet often, but I’ll meet you in day time..because you have radio broadcast at night..”

“Okay..let me ask you one thing, why you did this?, do you still love him?,” don’t know why but I want to ask her about that.

“Love?, yes, I still love him, thanks to you I meet him again. And from now on, don’t be mean to me, because you confessed your felling to your brother, he bring me in as your third wheel..and we became like this until today.”

“So, you said that, I’m the one who bring you back to him and makes me know a lot about you, so I can’t be mean to you?,” and she noded.

“Ah..I listen to your radio broadcast last night, I heard that the broadcat time change to 10 o’clock?. Are you okay about that?, you had trauma about 10 o’clock, ” She look worried about me.

“I’m not okay..it’ll be hard for me,” and then I put my head on the table and say, “but I love this job, I can’t leave it..”

That trauma start after oppa’s incident. I’m afraid that I’ll look at another tragic incident and became the witness if I still out of house if it’s past 10 PM. So, from that day, if it's past 10 PM, I won't get out from the house.

 

It happen in the past, but that wound still doesn’t heal.

If you open that bandaid, that wound will became bigger and I’ll be in more pain..