Part 2

Lucky I'm in love with my childhood friend~

~PART 2~


*After school*

I walked from the school alone, because Yuki had a date with her boyfriend. So that’s means today officially I wouldn’t go to or walk back from school with Daiki anymore right? Maybe he already asking that girl out.

“Miharu… Matte!” Who is that, acting friendly calling me by my first name? When I turned and saw Daiki. Ah...It’s just him.

“Since when you started calling me Miharu?” I asked because he never called me Miharu, even though in from of my mum.

“I call you since whenever I like… Miharu~~~” He was acting weird. OMG... Is he going crazy? Because the girl just rejected him?

“Yes Mr Daiki… what do you want?” I played along to his action.

“Just Daiki… Mr Daiki is too weiirrrdddd~”

“Cut out already... What do you want Arioka?” I just tired. Maybe he still wanted me to help him with the girl.

“Miharu, look here… which type of style do you like best? I want to change my hairstyle.”
“Both look okay… Choose whatever you want.”

“Ne Miharu… do you intend to be popular as well?”

“What do you means by that?”

“I want to be extra popular.”

“Extra popular you said? All this time, the popularity is not enough for you? If you change your hairstyle or whatever, that doesn’t change the fact you are still you.”

“I just want to be cool. My popularity does not affect the girl I like at all. She never noticed me. She is really cute and how does she acted like he want me to protect her. Wakarimasu ka? “

In the end, it was still about the girl he liked. He wanted to change everything to suit her taste. I like you the way you are Daiki. Please look over here.

“You should cut you hair shorter. Then, let you bang to the left more that the right. I think that is the best style on you.” I ran as fast I can after I tell him that.

“Miharu…-”

I hate Daiki. I hate him… But I hate myself more...

*The next day*

“Wow, Arioka, you changed your hairstyle. So cute” A girl in his class praised him.

“That’s right. Your popularity will increase.” Another boy said that. Daiki just walked out the class.

Daiki then come to me. “So how was it? Isn’t it cool?”

“Ne, doe?” I asked.

“You told me to try it. So how?”

“…....” I just lost my word. Even though you don’t cut you hair, you already cool.

“Arioka... I can make more of cool hairstyle for you, do you want it? My family own a salon” One of his girl classmates approaching him.

I cannot see this anymore. “Yuki, I don’t feel really well. I’ll will go and rest at sick bay.”
“Miharu...” I heard Daiki called me. 


*Flashback*

“Nakashima... This idol is really cute. But I think you can be cuter than her.”

“Hey…Stop it, if you don’t hurry up. Our break will be ended and you cannot finish the homework.”

*Flashback ended*



Daiki said I can be cute. I can beat that idol. I started looking the magazine, research the current style. Styled my hair. Even tried to paint my nails. All those efforts are fruitless. I just want him to say I’m cute once. Just once.

I ran out the school. I just can’t find any medicine at the sick bay to heal my sickness. I walked to a nearby river near playground. This was the river I used to play with Daiki when we were little.

“Ring..Ring” That was voice mail. “You have 4 new messages.”
Message one – Miharu… I go to sick bay… You not there… ima doko desu ka?”
Message two – Miharu... Where are you?
Message three – Miharu...Please pick up your phone!”
Message four – Miharu… Please stop making me worried, where you are??!!”
“Message ends.”

Daiki’s voice about to crack in the last message. Daiki was really worried about me? I do not know where to go. I cannot meet him, if I facing him every day, that make it harder to give up.

“Miharu… I knew you are here...”

He found me. “Daiki...Nande?”

“This is the place you would come if you sad or have problem right, when we were little?”

“You remembered?”

“Of course baka…matte!”

“Don’t follow me…”  I started walking away from the river.

“Why?

“We should put a distance between us.”

“Why? Because you like someone? Why your attitude also change so much now? Daiki keep on asking. It’s hurt. That’s why.

“Argh…” I heard Daiki screamed.

When I turned around, he was already in the river. Oh no... As far as I can remembered he cannot swim. I just jumped into the river without thinking much.

I tried to rescue him. I pulled him to the river bank “Daiki…Daiki…Daiki… just wake up already… Don’t leave me alone.” I lightly slapping his cheek to wake him up. Please wake up Daiki. I cried.

Then I heard a small chuckle and I suddenly stop crying. “What? You lied. You do know how to swim! Saite!!!” I started getting up from that position.

“Urusai...You were the one who got worried for no reason, right?” He pulled me back.

“Hah...No reason?” I screamed. Did he just said that to a person who just save him from died!

“Because you do not know how to swim right?”

“What do you expect? It’s already 10 years passed. Of course I already learnt to swim” He screamed back. It has turned to be a screaming contest.

“So what about it? If you want to keep distance between us because you hate me, just ignore me died in the river.”

“Right…I want to ignore you. But I can’t do that. In the end I can’t do anything cute in front of you. I do not know what to do anymore to make you like me… I do not know what to do even though I like you Daiki!”

“It’s always me the one who is getting hurt, even though you just acted like yourself, it always get my heart beating loudly…each time and every time!”  I can’t stopped myself. I cried some more.

Suddenly Daiki pulled me to his embrace. “Suki yo… Nakashima Miharu, I love you. Miharu… Don’t you know that you are so cute? I like you Miharu…”

“Huh?”

“Gomen ne… I haven’t tell you properly”

“What do you means by that?”

“You are getting cuter and cuter each day, I lost my confident and cool. I do not know how to face you.” Daiki averting his eyes from me. He blushed.

I like you since you are little Daiki. Baka!

“You are silly Daiki...” I pinched his soft cheek.

“Ittai~ can I kissed you Miharu?”

“You do not need to ask permission.”

He kissed me softly…I will continue to love you every day. Daiki yoroshiku ne!





Yatta!! My first fic for Daiki is owatta!!