Part 1

Lucky I'm in love with my childhood friend~

~PART 1~

The story is from Miharu’s POV.

“How long do you intend to sleep Arioka!!? Oooiiii~~” I tried to pull his blanket from his face.

“5 more minutes~~ Onegai… I slept late last night.” Daiki mumbling with his eyes still closed.

“That’s what you said every day. You do not have 5 minutes. Get up now. You need at least 1 hour to ‘make up’ yourself. I know that at least. GET UP!!! OR WE’LL BE LATE!!! I screamed at last.

That’s right this was my routine every day to wake up Daiki. Sou! We were childhood friend. We were neighbour live next to each other and my window was facing Daiki’s window. I just needed to yell every morning to wake him up. But most of the time, I myself needed to knock his door because he will not wake up unless I come.

“Hidoi na Nakashima. Make up you said? I need to be in my best appearance in school. I am the school prince, remember! You should be grateful to have me as you childhood friend. My hair needs 30 minutes, my clothes need 15, my shoes need...-”

“Hai…hai…Enough already, wakatta. Meet you downstair. Your mum already made the breakfast. Come down in 5. Got it?” I instructed him. Daiki just nodded. But he didn’t really care that instruction at all.


*15 minutes later*

“Okaasan...Ittekimasu~~” Daiki said to his mum. “Arioka-san, ittekimasu… Thank for the breakfast. Oishiikatta!” Miharu also waved goodbye to Mrs. Arioka. “It’s good to have a friend like Miharu. Daiki should be grateful. Not today, but one day.” Mrs. Arioka talking to herself.

“I said 5 minutes you make it 15, if I said 30 that you make it 1 hour?” I still blabbering to Daiki about his time management.

“You are wrong Nakashima. If 5 made 15 so 30 made 1 hour and half. It’s 3 times. How can you get it wrong? How on earth that you get the top student every semester? Hahaha…” Daiki laughed.

“Argghhh…it’s really wasting my time to advise you. You really need a counsellor.” I walked very fast and left Daiki behind.

“Nakashima…matte yo” I kept walking and ignored Daiki until we arrived school.

*Lunch time at café*

I with my best friend, Yuki walked to café because I do not bring any bentou today. “Miharu, I thought you bring bentou every day. Are you forget today? Or do you woke up late?” Yuki kind of surprised because I do not bring one. I usually had a very fancy bentou every day.

“Nah...I woke up as usual. But you know, today Arioka made me late. As usual I need to wake him up.” I said, as it happened so many times and I don’t care anymore about it.

“Ahh…right. You mentioned that famous Arioka Class 3B is your childhood friend. How lucky you are to have a famous friend, a prince like type.” Yuki was praising Daiki.
“Prince my foot! You should see for yourself how he is at home.” I said very slowly so that no one can’t hear it.

“What did you said? Are you hurting your foot?”

“Nandemunai desu~”


*After school, at Miharu’s room*

“Nakashima…I like someone, can you help me?!” Daiki barged in the room make me surpised.

“Can you at least knock? Thankful I do not have a heart problem... Baka! The answer is Don’t.Want.To!! ”

“Mou... There’s no one else who I can ask for help other than you! Please~~~” Daiki pleaded.

“You think I’ll help you with anything just because you’re my childhood friend. Don’t be such a baby and go pursue the girl yourself. I bet when you snap your fingers there will be a line of girls in front of you right away.”

Daiki’s face reaction changed. “Sou? I will not ask for your help anymore. Baka Nakashima!” Daiki stormed out of the room.

Was he mad?

“Mou...just who already he likes? What’s with the “help me”? Don’t ask me to help you with this matter, Baka Daiki!”

I don’t feel like studying anymore... Daiki never understand how others might feel.


*Next morning*

“Ohayou! Osoi! You are late!” Somebody greeted me at the door.

“Bikkuria!! Arioka? Wh-what are you doing here?”

“What do you means, we always go to school together, right? I come to pick you up.” Daiki explained.

“Wow...Arioka is early today..nope..very early..and he woke up by himself~ Mezurashi na..”  I almost chuckled when I said that.

“Urusai...-”

“Anyway, if you and the girl you like you started going out, we won’t be doing this again, right?  I will not go to your house anymore to wake you okay. That’s will be weird for me and for you. Sou deshou?” I added.

“Wh-what? Those are two different things to begin with..-”

“How are they different? A girl is definitely hate for her boyfriend to go to school with his childhood friend not to mention, a girl… and not with her herself. I know that at least. It’s same for boys, right?”

Daiki still silent and not arguing with my words. Then, he said, “You said something like that before that I remembered. Does it means that you also have somebody you like?”
I surprised. I was stabbed by my own word.

Baka Daiki. You do not understand people at all. “Sou yo… Me too. I have someone that I like. That’s why I also will not go to school with you anymore.”

“Sou desu ka. Wakarimaa” Daiki just walked to his class.

Why does it has turn out to be like this?


*Lunch time*

“Kawai ni naritai na!” I blurted out of nowhere.

“Eh..Miharu..what’s wrong..that’s is very unusual thing to come from you.” Yuki commented.

“There are too many cute and beautiful girls in this school. Everyone looks extra cute today. You too, Yuki...” I noticed that she applied lip gloss today.

“Haha...Sou ka na? Actually, I have a date today. I need to go early today. Gomen ne Miharu. But you don’t have to worry. You are also very cute lately. I heard everyone in next class is talking about you. See? Those senpai also looking at you…” Yuki tried to change the topic. She knew I will ask more about her recent boyfriend. Nevermind…

“Really? I bet they are just looking at you.” I felt nervous as I realized that they still staring at me even though we are already far away. That’s made me stopped drinking the milk I hold and the lunch almost over.

“Sluurppp...Give me a bit...Ahh...It’s finished already. Gomen...-” Daiki grabbed the drink box.

“..Daiki...-Arioka?” I felt warm through my check. Was I blushing? In front of Daiki? Iyaa….!!! Daiki drank my milk that I still holding it. The straw that I used from my mouth, and Daiki drank from it also...- Indirect kiss?

“You said a little, but you’ve finished it!” I protested.

“Gomen...gomen...to pay you back, here’s the tuna bread that you like. Jaa...” Daiki just smiled and walked away.

“Kyaa~~ what was that Miharu? So that is the kind of relationship you two have? You should tell me earlier.” Yuki was teasing me. “I can see that he want others to know that ‘Miharu is mine..and only mine. Don’t get close to her’.”

“Sou ka na? I think it’s more like a brother being overprotective and don’t want her sister to have a boyfriend...” What was he doing? He said he had someone he likes right?
Because that can be the only reason Daiki acted like that. We have always been together since two, raised like a brother and sister. Even though he hated coffee milk. He is just a BAKA.