chapter 2

He's not just an exchange student

“Y-You? What are you doing here?!”

 

“Hello Youngjae. Nice to meet you again?”

“You guys know each other already? You must be in the same class as Youngjae right?” Mrs Yoo asks as her eyes shift between her son and Daehyun.

“Yes, I am in the same class as Youngjae.” Mrs Yoo coos as she serves the food to her son and the prince.

“Tell me mommy. Why is he will be living with us?”

“We are his host family my dear.”

Youngjae bites his lip and sits as far away as possible from Daehyun because he is a bit awkward after what happened in the class. He knows he should be friendly toward the other but of course, the other just came at the wrong time. Maybe, just maybe he will try to act nice to him.

They eat in silence, only listening to the small talk of the elderly couple about their relatives and so on. The clank of the fork and spoon against the plate sounded through the dining room as once again the room filled with silence.

“I’m done. I want to excuse myself.” Daehyun mutters and smiles politely, bowing a little, “Thanks for the delicious meal mommy.” He makes his way to Youngjae’s room to get changed and take a shower. He is thinking about going to nap because he only slept for a while before he had to go to the university. The jet lag is still getting to him so he thought he will sleep later and maybe socialize with his cute roommate.

After the refreshing shower, Daehyun finds out his roommate is texting someone on his phone. Realizing that someone is looking at him, Youngjae looks up but immediately turns his head away as he makes a mistake to look at the half Daehyun. His face heats up at the sight.

“What’s wrong cutie?” Daehyun smirks and walks up to the guy on the bed, hands on his hips.

“P-Please put on your clothes..” Damn, way to go with your stuttering Youngjae. Youngjae hears the other chuckling but he ignores him.

“Why? Is my body that y that you cannot handle looking at it?”

This guy.. already being annoying on his first day huh? He grits his teeth and wills himself to look at Daehyun, eyes trailing up and down the latter’s body with a scrunched face. “y?” he scoffs, “Far away than y actually.”

The prince smiles and goes to get his clothes in the luggage, groaning silently when he realizes he should unpack his things. But the image of his roommate pops up in his mind, making him smile to himself. Maybe it wouldn’t be that bad.

Daehyun wakes up early that morning. It is 6 in the morning and he still has an hour before he has to go to his class so he turns around to face Youngjae who is still sleeping. The latter’s cheek squishes against the pillow, making him looks even cuter. Daehyun couldn’t help but to reach out his hand and pokes Youngjae’s squishy cheek lightly.

Youngjae stirs in his sleep and swats away Daehyun’s hand, mumbling something incoherent. But when the poke is continuously bothering him, he groggily opens his eyes, screaming when Daehyun’s creepy face gets a little too close to him. He falls back onto the floor with a loud thud and groans in pain, silently cursing the latter in his mind.

“Why the heck are you bothering me this early?! I need my beauty sleep you know!” Youngjae hisses as he rubs his sore before getting up, throwing daggers with his eyes toward the certain male on the bed.

“Good morning, princess.” Daehyun chuckles as he gets up as well.

“I ain’t a goddamn princess!” Youngjae huffs, stomping to the bathroom to wash up and go to his class earlier so that he wouldn’t have to walk with Daehyun.

“Whatever you say cutie.”

The door of the bathroom slams shut before the sound of water hitting the floor can be heard. Daehyun sighs and stretches his limbs, going to unpack his things since he has a few minutes before Youngjae is done with the shower.

A few minutes pass. Daehyun has fallen asleep waiting. Youngjae just comes out, feeling fresh in the morning. He grins evilly when he sees his roommate is sleeping against the bed on the floor. With careful steps, he slowly takes a long stride to be face to face with the other.

He traces his gaze on Daehyun’s face, admiring the thick lips that look like it is begging him to kiss it. No, Youngjae does not have the urge to kiss his roommate. Besides, his roommate has annoyed him so much. Never in his life he met someone as annoying as Daehyun on their first day meeting.

Youngjae’s eyes widen when the other’s eyes open and look at him for a few seconds before slowly, the latter’s lips quirk up into a smirk.

“You like what you see?”

“H-Hell no!” Youngjae backs away quickly, walking to his closet to get dressed.

“Just admit it that you like my like my face especially my lips!”

There is silence. Neither says anything as the time passes. Just then, Youngjae comes out from the closet and snorts loudly. “What did you say? I like your lips? I just was wondering how can someone has thick lips that because it’s ugly!” God, it’s gifted!

The prince gets up and saunters over to the bathroom, glancing over his shoulder to see Youngjae just turning his head quickly. He smirks as he sees the faintest shade of pink colours Youngjae’s chubby cheeks.

“I will make you take back your words one day, Youngjae.” He says loud enough for Youngjae to hear before he closes the door.

Youngjae just stares at the door in disbelief, blinking several times before he gets his mind again and running out of the room. This guy is too much, really..

The smell of coffee and toasts greet him as he walks into the kitchen, greeting his mother who is preparing breakfast for her family.

“Hey my dear, you’re early. Why? Where is Daehyun?”

“He’s washing up. I’m just feeling like getting up early.”

“Oh.. later on, you will go to the class with him right?” Mrs Yoo smiles sweetly at her son, patting her head.

Youngjae awkwardly nods his head as he racks his brain to find excuses so that he can escape from walking with Daehyun to the class. Then his mind clicks. Mark..

“Mommy, I’m sorry but I have to go early today because I have promised Mark to walk with him. You know his house is a bit far from us right?” he gives his mom his adorable pout that always manage to make his mom falls for it.

“Aw, it’s okay my dear. I will tell Daehyun that.” She serves the breakfast to her son and calls her husband down for breakfast. Youngjae greets his dad who is already in his work attire.

From the corner of his eyes, he notices that Daehyun is coming towards him, fully dressed. He gulps down all the food and sips on his coffee quickly, almost choking himself because he wants to avoid seeing Daehyun. Just as Daehyun sits down on the seat next to him, he shoots up and kisses his mom and dad’s cheek, bidding ‘good bye’ before running off.

“Why is he in hurry today..” Mr Yoo looks at his youngest son weirdly.

Mrs Yoo shrugs her shoulders, smiling when Daehyun greets him with the warmest smile ever.

 

“You know what Mark? He’s so annoying!! He thinks he’s that good when actually he’s just average!” Youngjae huffs as he rants about Daehyun to his best friend since middle school as they walk to the canteen for lunch.

“Hm.. as for me, Jackson is quite annoying too since he talks a lot but I guess it’s not that bad because he’s so good looking!” Mark exclaims, walking next to the fuming guy. “Moreover! He’s a Chinese too! What about yours?”

“Korean as well.” Youngjae does not have the mood to talk about that certain guy but he tries not to let it gets to him.

“Wow. Cool! Is he hot?!”

“Maybe?”

“Just maybe?! Damn it Youngjae! You should know if he’s hot or not!” Mark bumps his shoulder against his friend slightly, making the latter groans.

“Mark? When did you become talkative? You are usually quiet!” Youngjae rolls his eyes and huffs, and that seems to shut his friend up.

After they get their food and sit down in the nearby table, he notices a crowd at one of the table and begins to wonder what happens at the table. But a certain guy’s face comes into view, making him turns his head away while scoffing loudly. Mark looks at him weirdly, “What’s wrong?”

“People are so ing ridiculous. Leave another when they see something better and new huh?”

“What are you talking about?” Mark turns his head and notices the crowd as well, grinning when he sees a certain blonde sitting not so far away within the crowd.

“Nothing. Why are you grinning?” Youngjae furrows his brows at his now weird friend whom just smiles out of nowhere.

“Nothing.”

Youngjae does not notice the crowd has dispersed and Daehyun is nowhere in sight when he finishes eating his food. Mark must have notice too because he’s looking around like he’s looking for someone.

As they walk back to the class, they can hear loud cheers come from the gymnasium and being the curious people they are, they walk into the gymnasium. There are four people playing basketball and one of them is Daehyun. His teammate is someone that he has never seen so he assumes that the blonde must be an exchange student as well because his face looks like an Asian.

“Jackson! Go Jackson!” Youngjae turns to look at his friend who is yelling that name at the top of his lungs.

“Is the blonde guy Jackson?”

“Yeah. He’s Jackson! Look how hot he is!” Mark jumps up and down excitedly while cheering loudly when Jackson scores another point.

Youngjae watches closely how Daehyun handles the ball and he is not going to admit that Daehyun is really good at handling the ball. He scores many point by throwing from out of the line. To say that he is amazed is an understatement. Youngjae is the MVP in basketball and he is not going to let Daehyun takes that title away from him because he has been working hard for it for years since his high school.

He crosses his arms and rolls his eyes when Daehyun notices him and sends a wink in his direction. Daehyun makes a slam dunk and scores another point, hugging his teammate while they cheer and the crowd, which is all girls, erupts in a loud cheer as well.

Youngjae scoffs and walks back to his class, not bothering to wait for Mark. He envies Daehyun. Even though most of his teammates are towering over him, he is fast in slipping between people. That is why he is the MVP. Scoring points by ducking under his opponents and his long distance throw is good too.

When he reaches his class, he notices just a few people are in the class at the moment. He scoffs and sits down at his seat, of course they wouldn’t be here, busy watching those idiots.

The sound of people talking grabs his attention from looking outside the windows. Daehyun walks in with that Jackson guy and Mark is tailing behind them. They meet eyes for a moment before Daehyun sits down at his seat which is next to Youngjae. Unfortunately.

“Hey.” Daehyun greets him as he settles down.

The teacher enters. And he does not get a reply until the class end.

 


*gets on my knees and clasps my hands together* I'm begging you guys to comment pleaseee! i need feedbacks..

;-;

i sound so pathetic...