To Share

Among The Trees (King of the Fay)**

   She didn't particularly like going to school but she did love it's huge library. She especially loved the history and folklore section. She would often spend her time in the library, eating her lunch in perfect solitude.

She wasn't popular and she really didn't care but she was often lonely.

Today was different, Chester had insisted he enroll in her school as a senior to watch over her.

She had her doubts, and she knew he would draw attention to herself. A cute guy like him suddenly hanging around a girl like her would raise a few eyebrows and raise suspicions.

 He didn't care, he plans on even holding her hand but Ivey talked him out of it. Not because she didn't want to but because she never held a boy's hand before.

 It was all new to her.

Chester was legally old enough to drive in the human world, so he showed up at her house on a motorcycle. So much for blending in.

Ivey's mom looked out the window, glaring at him. "Um, Ivey who's that boy outside with the obnoxious motor bike?"

"Oh that's Chester, he lives in grandma's old house"

"I see" she said in a very strange voice.

'Ivey please be careful, boy's like him break good girl's. Protect your heart" her mother said squeezing her shoulder.

" I will mum, he's a nice boy though."

"Mmhm they're nice boy's until you fall in love. Don't do that"

Her mom was acting strange, and it laid heavy on Ivey. She suddenly felt like she needed to leave the house.

"Bye Mum I'll see you after school"

"Come straight home"

Ivey run out the door, pretending she didn't hear the bit of what her mother had said to her. She would be going to Chester's after. She couldn't shake it but her home no longer felt safe.

He said to hold his waist, unaware that poor Ivey would get so nervous at his request. The idea of holding on to a guy made her heart pound like a war drum.

Carefully he placed the red helmet on her head, being mindful of her braids. Snapping the chin strap and everything.

 His face was so close, her heart sped up more . She couldn't take it.

"What's with the funny face?" He asked.

"Nothing, just nervous about riding on the bike" she lied

"Nothing to get nervy about kiddo, just hold on tight like your giving a hug and we'll be there before ya know it"

"I guess, my mum says it's dangerous"

"Well your mum is no onet to talk, living with a human and all"

Ivey rolled her eyes at him, he talked as if humans were the worst things in the world. She hoped she never got to full of herself, when she returned with him.
IF.

She suddenly remember what she was going to tell him when she came outside.

"Would it be okay if we in separately?"

He looked at her as if she had spoken a ancient language and sprouted a horn. "Why?"

Ivey looked away at her boots, she was now sure he would take it the wrong way. It wasn't a crazy suggestion at all. It was considerate.

"Well people would question why someone like you would hang around someone like me "

"Someone like you?" He sounded confused so Ivey looked up at him. His face looked disappointed.

"Ivey," his tone was serious "If these classmates of yours feel concerned enough to judge who you are seen with then, they are no one worth your time. I don't care about them, I'm here for you"

Ivey looked away, the expression he wore was too much for her. She suddenly wish she was like Sheila from homeroom. Sheila would know how to act when someone said something sweet and kind to her.

"I meant people would think it's weird. I'm not exactly popular in school"

"Popularity is a fickle thing. And again I don't care if they think its weird. I want to be by your side"

"Ugh stop talking like that"

He laughed, he smirked in lopsided way but it was still attractive to her. Surely he wouldn't be her side when her school got a good look.

"You doubt your own worth princess" he says while putting his own helmet on.

He was such an embarrassing human, be decided he'd make himself just as weird. The moment he got off the bike he put on a pair of sunglasses and wore his baseball hat. He clashed badly with the uniform he acquired.

 He stuck out like a sore thumb but he was trying to draw attention away from Ivey but he acted like a lame 40 year old dad.

Being a Fay meant he knew nothing about the modern world and what was cool.

Suddenly Ivey was embarrassed to be seen with him.

'Take it down a notch" she whispered to him.

"Okay I guess I'll lose the sunglasses"

'And the hat"

"Ah. The hat is best part" he gave a fake whinge whilst handing her the items she asked for..

The fear of questions were back once she had the offending fashion. He was handsome but he hung around her of all people.

"I hated when you look like a dog are your birthday cake. Your worth more than any of there human kids. Your a sodding princess hold your head up"

He tilted her head up, he tapped her nose lightly "your my princess" he said softly.

 A cough make the two jump away in fright, a girl in her school jumper stood behind them arms crossed. A very amused expression on her face 

"Well now Cooper. Didn't expect you to snag a boyfriend. A looker at that as well" a smile now her rosey lips.

"I'm Sheila Hawthorne, call me Shelly. I'm school president. Pleasure to meet you"

"I'm Chester..Wood" he winced as he made up a last name on on the spot.

"How do you know Our school's little librarian?" Her eyes going from Ivey to Chester.

"I've been destined to her"

"Pardon?" Sheila looked as if he threw up on her.

"I said I'm her neighbor, just moved in a few weeks ago" He smiled wide, pleased that her double talked her.

"Oh, well you two looked awfully cozy. Me and Ivey are close mates so don't be a stranger" Sheila flipped her back, giving him her famous flirty smile.
It was popular with the boys in their grade but it didn't work on him. He found her to be obnoxious, Sheila as usual was oblivious.

Her whole day felt like it was off, she couldn't just hide among the books like usually did. She had Chester tagging along like a bored lost puppy. He refused to let her out of his sight, he'd wait wherever she went, stood outside the girls bathroom and I everything.

 To anyone one else, they would find it endearing but she hated the attention he brought by follor her. She knew that they were trying to figure out what he was doing with her.

She knew they were talking about her. She went from being invisible to the talk of the school.

 Finding a moment to herself, Ivey locked herself in he girl's loo and started to cry. She wasn't use to this and the attention she was getting was because people couldn't understand what he saw in her.

She hated it so much.

After drying her eyes she joined the already worried Chester. He didn't say anything but knew she was feeling trouble. He wasn't sure how to come about asking her, so he sighed and followed Ivey to her next class.

 he tried to fight the anger he felt boiling inside him.

Later that afternoon Ivey ducked him again, leaving him alone during lunch period. He sat alone at the table while waiting for her to return, but after a while he sensed she wasn't coming back.

"Hey, this seat taken?" A voice from earlier asked. 

Chester looked up and found Sheila/Shelly standing at his table. She was all smiles and hair flicking. "Sure..I guess".

She sat down, then shot a quick smile at her friends. 

Sheila did her best work with the flirting and cute conversation, she wasn't worried what little Ivey would think when she returned. In fact she wanted Ivey to see her getting on her with guy friend, to reminded Ivey that Shelly would always took what she believed was herself. 

Sheila would always be in top.

     Chester did his best not to snap at the girl who wouldn't stop talking and flipping her darned hair all over the place. He also began to worry about Ivey and where they got off to.

She had been away from him for too long and it made him uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go get-" 

Shelly grabbed his shirt, "Where are you going?" A bit of panic in her voice. Everyone was watching them.

"To find Ivey"

"Why would you want to do that?'

He looked at her, seeing how Shelly really was, sad and longing for attention.

"Please let go" his patience was slipping. The bubbling anger was back, if she continued to pester him, he would snap.

He snatched his arm away from her, she wore a surprised look on her face. Like she couldn't believe he was pulling away from her.

"I'm sorry to be rude but I need to attend to Ivey"

He stood up to leave, "What does she have that I don't?"

 Feeling the warmth of the sun, that peaked through the sky light above him. He briefly closed his eyes to absorb the ray, feeling the silent anger dropping slowly.

"Everything you wish had, you hide your greed and motives with a smile. Ivey shines without trying" he smiles cruelly and leaves her to stew in his words.

With the slight help of intuition magic, he made sure that Shelly would always remember what he had said to her today. He knew that girl made Ivey feel horrible about herself so he intervened, hoping to rid her of her school bully.

Jealousy often created evil heart and those with evil hearts attracted gollums. One less gollum in a word of chaos.

Ivey had fallen asleep while reading a thick fairytale book. Her reading glasses falling off her nose, she dreamed of the real fays and their realm.

Chester had found her wall snuggled against the wall with the book. He sat besides her, taking her glasses first.

 She was dreamer by nature and didn't fit in this world, he wished he could take from this cruel world and fill her life full of color and light.

 He would have to rough it out for another four months, but being by her side seemed worth it. While they stayed in this realm, he would make her life a little better day by day.

He promised.