Awaken by Delight. (mini chapter)

Among The Trees (King of the Fay)**

Chester pulled away looking awestruck. His fingers touching his mouth. He lowered his eyes and walked away leaving Ivey alone. She wondered what she did wrong. She followed Chester into the next room.

"Did I so something wrong?" Ivey asked

Chester kept his back to her, "No, I just didnt think you felt that way about me"

"What do you mean? It was just a kiss"

Chester scoffed, walking over to his window he climbed on its ledge.Ivey walked a little closer stopping when she was a arms reach of him. 

"Ivey have you heard the story of how the Flora's were cursed?"

"Yes."

"So you know that story is about you?"

" that's just a coincidence" Ivey got defensive.

"Just your wings sporting?"

"Yes" she said with a husky voice. "It has nothing to do with me"

"You keep evading whats in front of you. You kiss me but you have no idea whay it means here. Your mom should of did the right thing and gave you up to the Meadow Queen. At least you would not be so ignorant of your culture"

"You mean prejudice."

"I'm not, I see how humans behave. You of all people should know you lived among them"

"Not all humans are bad. I seen their kindness as well their selfishness."

"Name one"

"My grandma"

Chester scoffed again "That woman was a elder fay. Name one. Think about it, your broken home with your fay mother and drunk human father"

"That's easy for you to sit here and judge them. You grew up here, with a bloody sliver spoon in your mouth while I had to struggle. You say you were looking for me but you didnt look to far did you.?!" Ivey raised her voice.

He open his mouth to say something but closed it and looked away, she knew he was ashamed of himself. 

Ivey sat down at his foot. "Your so wrapped up in your hate you don't even notice your soul smells"

"What does it smell like"

"Like sorrow" Ivey whispered.

Chester joined her on the floor. "Has it always smelled that way"

"I noticed when you hold me. But when you magicked Shelly it was very noticeable. Why do you smell like sorrow?"She asked

"Because I'll never have what I truly want in life. It slips away every minute"

Looking in her eyes, he hoped she understood how being next to her in his home affected him. Ivey nodded and leaned in kissing him on the lips again.

Chester entwined his fingers with hers as they slowly kissed, allowing their feelings speak honestly for themselves.

Before they could progress any further the twins came back into the room.

"Sorry for interrupting but we have a problem"

"Ivey's mother is dead."

Ivey felt her heart drop sharply, the blood leaving her face. Dread filling her. She couldn't believe it.

"Is this a trick?"

Petal shook her head

"No, I wish not to tell you how but your mother is gone now and shall never hurt you"

"How could you just kill her? She was a person! Why?"

Began to cry. Her beloved mother was dead and the last time she spoke to her mother was in a fearful way. She didnt say I love to her or anything. She was banished without saying goodbye.

"I want to see her" Ivey said through tears.

"I think thats wise, it'll make it harder to move on"

"Please leave us" Chester said what Authority in his voice something Ivey has never heard before.

Petal and Throne bowed and left the room, shutting the door on theirI way out.

Chester pulled Ivey in for a hug, apologising over and over for this country mens action. Assuring her everything would be okay and he would find out what had happened. 

Ivey didnt care her mother was dead, the only person she had left was her father. She was alone in the world, she had no reason to return home or leave the relms. She thought at first that Chester haf something to do with it to keep her from leaving but she didnt care.

I'm sorry this happed on my watch." He says "Please stop crying"

"Teach me magick and i'll accept your hand"

"There more involved then accepting my hand, etiquette lessons and history you must be taught to be ny bride. Had your um let go with the Meadow Queen you'd be ready now"

"I want to learn all that. Please teach me"

Chester smiled but not in the crooked way he smiled, it was of genuine joy. His soul smelled like rain, sorrow sceny over powered by his delight.

Kissing her cheek, he blessed his would be bride.

"I'll arragene it"

"No I want you to teach me. Never leave my side. Please" her eyes misty and a bit frightened.

"Sure thing" 

 

 

[Author's Note]

Hey guys sorry about the very short chapter but I hope a double update make up for it. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your summer. I know I am. I'm going to be updating until the end and working on a new romance story. Called a Woman's Worth. I hope you guys are enjoying the story.