what if...

E4SE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2011

 

 

“Chanyeol, hurry, we’re going to be late!”

 

He could hear his husband blabbering away from the kitchen downstairs. Chanyeol remained standing in front of the mirror, fixing his tie. He could hear Baekhyun calling for him once more, this time with the sound of the tap water running occupying his husband’s hurried yell. Chanyeol hummed loudly on purpose, but still continued to stand there, in front of the mirror, staring at himself. He smoothened the crumpled bits on the hem of his suit and fixed his hair to appear more pleasant. Chanyeol barely noticed the sound of footsteps coming towards the bedroom, and he jumped slightly when he felt a pair of arms making their way around his waist.

 

“What’s taking you so long, baby?” his husband asked. Chanyeol could feel him resting his cheek against Chanyeol’s back. “It’s half past six already.”

 

“Just a minute…” Chanyeol replied, still in the midst of fixing his hair. “I need to look perfect for our anniversary.”

 

When his husband laughed, Chanyeol could feel his whole universe vibrating along with the man’s laughter. He smiled as he stared at Baekhyun’s reflection in the mirror when the man stood on his tip toes and placed his chin on Chanyeol’s shoulder. With rough fingers sticky with hair gel, he rubbed his hands on his pants when he finally felt satisfied with how he looked. Spinning around in his husband’s embrace, Chanyeol pressed a quick kiss on the man’s forehead before he took him by the hand. He was about to walk out of the bedroom, husband in tow, when Baekhyun stopped and gently pulled him by his arm.

 

“Hold on,” his husband murmured, then he stayed quiet. Just looking at Chanyeol with a soft smile on his lips and palms pressed against Chanyeol’s both cheeks, almost squishing them. He continued to stare at Chanyeol’s eyes – his relentless gaze travelled from Chanyeol’s brown orbs to his ears, to his chin, then to his lips before he returned to his eyes. “Just let me look at you for a moment.”

 

Chanyeol’s heart thumped steadily in his chest, legs so wobbly he thought they could fall off when Baekhyun is staring at him like that. Like Chanyeol meant the world to him. He grinned at the gorgeous man and decided to for a split second. “Handsome, huh?”

 

His husband didn’t hesitate when he answered. “Definitely.”

 

The burn on his cheeks didn’t disappear even when they were heading towards Chanyeol’s car. He walked slowly, watching as Baekhyun unlocks the car from afar. Hands in the pockets of his suit, hair styled upwards, simple smile on his lips. Baekhyun noticed his gaze eventually, raising one brow towards his way. “Want me to drive?”

 

“Nah, I’ll drive.” Chanyeol replied. He almost dropped the key after his husband carelessly tossed it to him, then got into the passenger seat. Chanyeol chuckled, shaking his head at the man’s antics before he joined him in their car.

 

 

The restaurant that Chanyeol struggled to make dinner reservations at was a little further than they expected. His co-workers have been talking about the food and the wonderful service all week and he thought that it would be a great opportunity to celebrate his first-year anniversary with Baekhyun at that very restaurant. The cars on the road were moving too slowly and his stomach is growling, but listening to Baekhyun sing as his favorite song played on the radio made Chanyeol grin, reaching out to ruffle the man’s hair and purposely mess it up.

 

“Stop doing that,” Baekhyun grumbled. He waited until the car stopped due to traffic and took the chance to pull onto Chanyeol’s strands of hair that he took hours to style. Chanyeol didn’t mind – only laughed and pushed the man away playfully, wiping the excess hair gel onto the man’s cheek.

 

When the cars began to move again, Chanyeol spoke. “Hey, can I ask you something?”

 

His husband nodded, staring ahead. Chanyeol glanced to the man for a split second before he cleared hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter