So Close Yet So Far Away Part 3 (Final)

One Shot Collections of Chanyeol and Wendy

Months passed since Seungwan last saw him. Due to her packed schedule as a cafe waitress, she was able to forget him for a while. At least until she saw him on television.

Everytime she looked onto the screen, she would hug her pillow and closed her eyes. She missed him, so much. She missed how he would spat out every single problem in his life to her, as if she was his personal counsellor.

The thing didn't go any different for Chanyeol. Ever since their last meeting, he felt completely lost. As if his heart has lost something important for him. He had started losing interest in going for another shoot. Yet, he still came. Hoping that she would come back.

If he could, he wanted to slap his face every single second. He was too blind to see how much he loved her. And now he was the lost boy who wanted to find his home.

"Chanyeol-ah, wanna grab some coffee?" Baekhyun invited, explaining to his bestie that Suho and Sehun would be there too. However, Chanyeol refused. Baekhyun simply shrugged and left.

After almost an hour spending time with his journal, Chanyeol realized that he needed a break. He quickly took his sweater and put it around his body before walking out of his dorm. He kicked off some pebbles on the road as he walked.

He halted as he saw a quite new cafeteria. He could smell the aroma of his favourite caramel latte, and so he entered the cafe. He queued up, along with other customers. His eyes were able to take a peek at the menu, so he started reading and deciding which one to choose.

Few moments passed and it was his turn. He waited for the waitress to look at him. He tilted his head to his left, she seemed familiar to him. Way too familiar. That style of fashion, he only know one girl who would tie her jacket around her waist at any condition.

Seungwan lifted up her head to take orders from her customers as usual. She paused for a while, recognising the guy in front of her. She closed her eyes, muttering slowly.

"I'm not dreaming.. I'm not dreaming.. I'm not dreaming..." She said repetitively. Chanyeol could not help but to giggle at her actions. He picked his fingers in front of her face, causing the waitress to flinch.

"One cup of caramel latte, please.." He said calmly, with his signature smile. Seungwan nodded and immediately made the coffee for him. She tried damn hard not to blush in front of him. Truth to be said, she yearned to hug him but she refrained herself from doing so.

She handed him the latte and received the money. As she took the next order, her eyes managed to follow his steps before he disappeared from her sight. Compared to her months of working there, this was the first time she smiled as if her life was refreshed.


It was 8 at night. After finishing her job in the cafe, Seungwan boarded a bus home. She plugged in her earphones and listened to Day6 - I Loved You. She rested her head onto the window and smiled, remembering her short meeting with him.

Out of nowhere, Chanyeol took a seat next to the girl, causing the girl to skip a bit. As soon as she saw him, she sighed in relief and glared at him.

"You're lucky I didn't have any heart attack, you know?" She exclaimed, pouting a bit. Chanyeol chuckled and nodded. He messed up her hair and winked at her.

"Cause you would die from my handsomeness, right?" He spoke, and the girl cringed. She pushed his shoulder slowly and frowned.

"Since when are you so cheesy, Mr Park?" She asked, folding her arms.

"Since you became my stylist, Miss Son." He replied, copying her way of folding hands. He huffed and tried hard not to laugh. To his surprise, she was not mad at him for copying her. Instead, she laughed, unconsciously burying her face into his shoulder.

Chanyeol simply smiled, it felt as if the time had turned back to the way it used to be. There they were, two kid-like grown-ups who just love to play with each other. He decided that he would admit his feelings to her there. At that exact moment. He took in deep breath, gaining confidence.

"I love you.." He said, looking at her in the eyes. Damn, he loved her doe eyes. He felt weak just by looking at her eyes. He lowered his head and kept himself silent.

Seungwan widened her eyes, looking at him in disbelief. So all this while, it was not one-sided love. Her eyes softened as she knew exactly what he was thinking. She pressed her lips into a straight line and kissed his cheek.

"I love you too, Chanyeol-ah.." She replied. Her soft voice had caused him to look at her by reflex. He felt at ease as he could see her smile that he missed so much. Without waiting, he pulled her into his embrace. He has been waiting long for this moment.

She hugged him back, feeling his warmth wrapping around her petite body. She rested her head onto his chest and closed her eyelids. Her lips curved into a smile as she heard his heartbeats that were thumping so fast.

"So, are we dating?" She asked, looking up towards the guy. He pursed his lips and nodded. He then kissed her on her forehead, still hugging her.

-End-