As Cold As Ice

One Shot Collections of Chanyeol and Wendy

     Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun's silly act and bad joke. He stole a glance at a girl. She was sitting in the front row,right next to the window. As usual,she did her assignments early. Chanyeol has been keeping an eye on her since their 7th grade.

     The girl named Son Seungwan is a mysterious girl. She treated girls happily and cheerfully but when it comes to boys,she'd be as cold as ice. That made Chanyeol more anxious to know her. Chanyeol pursed his lips and stood up. He ignored Baekhyun and stepped closer to Seungwan.

     "Yah!" no replies from the girl.

     "Son Seungwan," called Chanyeol. The girl looked up.

     "What?" Chanyeol froze. She was much prettier when he looked closer. Her cold glare was still there. Chanyeol bit his lower lips.

     "Can we become friends?" asked Chanyeol.

     "The guys are eligible to be your friends. Just go with them and leave me alone," replied Seungwan coldly. Chanyeol sighed and left. He met Baekhyun at their seats back.

     "What happened?" asked Baekhyun.

     "I only wanted to befriend her,yet she refused. What's wrong with her?" confessed Chanyeol. Baekhyun stole a glance at Seungwan and looked back at Chanyeol. He shook his head,saying that he don't know.


     Seungwan entered the principal's room in protest. She didn't care how pair of eyes were staring at her. All that she know was she wouldn't risk anyone's life.

     "Appa,cancel the program. I won't be a mentor to a guy," said Seungwan firmly. The principal exhaled slowly,keeping himself calm.

     "Wan-ah,this is for your own good. You don't want to be called a lesbian,right?"

     "Appa! I don't care! I don't want to,"

     "Listen to me. It's just for a month. If it's okay,we"ll continue. If it got worse,I'll cancel yours and give you a girl as your mentee. I'm also concerned about you," said the principal gently. Seungwan sighed. She gave it a deep thought. perhaps,he's right.

     "Okay. Just for a month," agreed Seungwan. The principal smiled.

     "Now go. He's your classmate. The mentee. You can have your session in class. Do you want me to accompany you guys?"

     "It's okay. I'll be fine," Seungwan left the room. She headed straight to her classroom and searched for the guy who was supposed to be her mentee.

     Seungwan sat on her chair and sighed in frustration. She took off her glasses and messed up her brown wavy hair. She bumped her head on the table.

     "How long have you waited? I'm sorry. I was buying ice-cream," Seungwan lifted up her head and found Chanyeol eating a chocolate flavoured ice-cream. His left hand was holding a Black forest ice-cream.

     Both of them froze. Seungwan quickly tidied up her hair and put on her glasses. Chanyeol blinked his eyes a few times.

     "Err...want one?" offered Chanyeol. His intention of buying the ice-cream was for his mentor. He didn't expect to have Seungwan as his mentor. He snapped back into reality when Seungwan grabbed the ice-cream.

     "Thanks," muttered Seungwan.

     "No problem," they remained silent as both of them were focused on finishing their ice-creams. Chanyeol kept stealing glances on seungwan while eating his ice-cream.

     "What's your problem?" asked Seungwan as soon as she finished her ice-cream. Chanyeol blinked few times and shook his head.

     "Oh! I - Urmm..."

     "Just say it. We have 40 minutes left," Chanyeol's eyes widened. His ice-cream was also finished.

     "How long is our session?"

     "One hour,"

     "Just one? How am I to excel my Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics?"

     "If you have any hesitation,just find yourself another mentor," Chanyeol quickly stood up.

     "No. I need you to be my mentor and I need extra time. Please, I want to excel. Like you. you're the only person who went strict on me. I'm depending on you to help me. Please..." Chanyeol held Seungwan's hand, pleading her to agree. Seungwan's heartbeat went fast. She quickly snatched her hand from Chanyeol's grip.

     "Okay,fine. But,there are some rules,"

     "What is it?"

     "First, don't come to me if I don't call you. Second, come quick when I ask you to. Third, no physical contacts. Fourth, discuss with me first when you want to make a meeting," Chanyeol nodded.

     "I've missed you a call. Save my number,"

     "How did you-"

     "I'm a great stalker..." Seungwan shot him a death glare.

     "Who stalks a girl who will be his hope to success?" Seungwan nodded,approving his reason. She took out a small piece of paper and wrote something. Chanyeol tried to peek, but failed.

     "What's your name?" asked Seungwan. Chanyeol's jaw were hanging when he listened to her question.

     "You don't know me? I'm your classmate!" Chanyeol threw his hands in the air. seungwan knocked his head with her pen.

     "I don't care about you guys. I don't even talk to boys. Your name?"

     "So I'm your first?"

     "Yeah. Your name,"

     "Oh my,this is fascinating! I'm your - "

     "You name, for God's sake!" shouted Seungwan.

     "Park chanyeol," Chanyeol grinned. Seungwan nodded and wrote his name on the paper. She kept it in her bag.

     "What are you gonna do with that?" asked Chanyeol.

     "None of your business. What do you want to study today?"

     "Maths," both of them took out their exercise books. They went on studying until it was almost 3 PM. Seungwan packed her things and rushed out of the class. She was stopped by Chanyeol who was holding her left arm. She rolled her eyes and looked at him.

     "Just what do you want now?"

     "Let's go home together," invited Chanyeol. Seungwan had no choice but to accept as their houses are in the same housing area. Both of them walked home.

     "So do you walk home everyday?" asked Chanyeol.

     "No. Sometimes I ride with my dad,"

     "Who's your dad?"

     "Our principal,"

     "Wow! Is it great?"

     "No. There's your house. Bye," Seungwan left Chanyeol there,hanging.


     "Yah! Crazy! Meet me at the library. Now," seungwan eneded the call. She tapped her blue pen onto the table. She had prepared stacks of Physics and Chemistry books for the mentor mentee slot.

     Few minutes later,Chanyeol arrived and took a seat next to her. He took out a notebook and got himself ready to study.

     "So what are we studying today?" asked Chanyeol.

     "We're not studying. We're checking your answers,"

     "But you didn't give any assignments..."

     "Check your phone,dummy," Chanyeol took out his phone and searched for Seungwan's given assignments. He gulped, knowing that she had given him loads of exercises on weChat yet he hasn't done any of it. Then he realised the time she sent him the works.

     "Yah! Who would do stacks of homeworks on 3.04 AM?" yelled Chanyeol. Seungwan knocked his head with her fist.

     "I would. And no noises in the library," said Seungwan sternly.

     "I'm not you, ice princess. I slept at that time,"

     "And you'll need to stay up after this. Remember my rule,idiot," Chanyeol sighed in frustration. He glanced his wristwatch.

     "How long is our session today?" asked Chanyeol.

     "3 hours,"

     "Great!" cheered Chanyeol. He'd use the time to get closer to Seungwan, and he'll -

     "Take this. Do it," Seungwan put a collection of assignments in front of him. Chanyeol's eyes widened.

     "All of them?"

     "Yup. If you have any problems in answering,ask me," Seungwan took out her Calculus handout and started her calculations. Chanyeol muttered slowly about useless hours and being unable to attract Seungwan. She heard them and slightly smiled. She tried to ignore it and continued her work.

     "Seungwan, how to do this?"

     "Apply Hooke's law,"

     "And how exactly is it?" Seungwan sighed and turned to Chanyeol.

     "It's like this..."


     Chanyeol was taking an evening stroll. He used his free time to relax his mind. Since the five days becoming Seungwan's mentee, she tortured him a lot with assignments. He put his earphones on and listened to his favourite song, IU's Good Day.

     He looked over to his right and saw a couple who had a big quarrel. He stopped. They weren't a couple. More to, father and daughter. And the daughter was Seungwan. Chanyeol was stunned as he saw Seungwan slapped her father. Her own father. She wiped her tears and ran away. Chanyeol followed her steps. He halted as he saw her on a bench under a big shady tree.

     Seungwan was lowering her head, still crying. Chanyeol approached her slowly. He sat beside her. Both of them didn't utter even a word. Chanyeol exhaled slowly.

     "I can be your tissue if you want to," said Chanyeol. Seungwan buried her face in his chest. His shirt was wet with her tears. Yet, he didn't care about it.

     "I hate being me. I hate my life," confessed Seungwan.

     "What? Why? But you-"

     "Appa keep forcing me to study. I'm not a robot. I'm also a human. I want to live a normal life. To have friends. To laugh. To love," said Seungwan. Chanyeol froze.

     "I never hate boys. I've always wanted to befriend you guys, but I can't. I don't want to - "

     "Seungwan, if you want it just do it. Otherwise, you'll regret it," said Chanyeol. He pushed her slowly and wiped her tears with his thumb.

     "Don't cry anymore. It hurts. I can be your friend,"

     "But, I don't want - "

     "I don't care. As long as you're happy, I'm also happy. I just can't let people to be lonely. Ok?" said Chanyeol gently. Seungwan smiled a bit and nodded.

     "Hey, I broke three of your rules. Is it okay?" Seungwan chuckled and slapped Chanyeol slowly.

     "Pabo,"

     "May I accompany you to your home?" offered Chanyeol. Seungwan nodded.


     Seungwan rinsed her wet hair and hung her towel with a hanger. She sat on her bed and her laptop. She was startled when somebody called her. She picked up her phone.

     "Yobosseyo?" said Seungwan.

     "Seungwan, let's go out," invited Chanyeol.

     "Whatever you're doing,stop it,"

     "Just come out. I'm waiting outside. It's freezing..." Chanyeol ended the call. Seungwan had no choice but to follow Chanyeol's orders. She wore a black slack and a white tee with a hoodie. She brought along a jacket for Chanyeol. She stepped out of her house and met Chanyeol.

     "How did you come here?" asked Seungwan. She handed him the jacket.

     "Walking. Just took your bath huh?" Seungwan nodded. Chanyeol put on the jacket and blew his palms before slightly rubbing it.

     "It's cold. Hey, let's go," Chanyeol pulled Seungwan by her wrist and walked to a food court. He took a seat by the window and invited her to sit in front of him.

     "Let's order something light. We'll have a night stroll after this," exclaimed Chanyeol.

     "In cold?"

     "It's fine," they ordered two cups of caramel latte and drank it half of the cup. Chanyeol paid for the beverages and left. Seungwan followed his lead. They walked around the recreation park in their housing area.

     "Seungwan?" called Chanyeol.

     "Yes?"

     "Why do you avoid us? The boys?"

     "I don't want to...put you guys in danger,"

     "What do you mean by - " Chanyeol's word was cut off by the rain that suddenly became heavy. Both Chanyeol and Seungwan ran to the bus stop. They rinsed their wet clothes. Seungwan sat next to Chanyeol who had finished rinsing earlier.

     "Is it cold?" asked Chanyeol. Seungwan nodded. Chanyeol pulled her closer to him. He took off his jacket and put it around her. He hugged her with his left arm to keep her warm. Seungwan lied her head on his chest.

     "I think I'm starting to like you,Park Chanyeol," muttered Seungwan slowly. Chanyeol heard some of the words and looked at her.

     "Really?" asked Chanyeol. Seungwan nodded without looking at him. Chanyeol pushed her a bit and gazed at her beautiful face. He leaned in and kissed her. Both of them moved in sync as their lips were perfectly matched.

     Seungwan opened her eyelids as she remembered something and pushed Chanyeol away. She looked away, regretting what she had done. She cried slowly. Chanyeol got confused.

     "Seungwan,what happened?" asked Chanyeol.

     "I shouldn't have. Pretend it never happened," said Seungwan. Chanyeol approached her and touched her shoulder.

     "Will you tell me what - "

     "Don't you understand? Just do what I told you to. This is a mistake. I musn't. I'm sorry,Chanyeol. I just can't," Seungwan stood up and left. She walked in the slight rain. Chanyeol looked at her until she disappeared from his eyes. He kept thinking of seungwan rejecting him after admitting her feelings. He ruffled his half wet hair and sighed. He sat there, waiting for the rain to stop.


     Chanyeol entered the class as usual. He looked at Seungwan's place. It was empty. He started to feel guilty. Perhaps, she was mad at him. She might got scolded by her dad.

     "Channie! This is bad!" shouted Baekhyun who was running from the office all the way to the class.

     "What's wrong?" asked Chanyeol.

     "Our principal's absent. He's attending a funeral,"

     "So?"

     "It's Seungwan's,"


     What are you waiting for,Chanyeol? She's probably waiting for you there...

     Chanyeol looked around. Nobody was talking to him. He started to feel weird. He felt as if someone was watching over him. He tried to throw away his bad instincts and behave normally.

     Chanyeol,she's calling you. Won't you accompany her? , Chanyeol covered his ears with his palms. The mysterious voice keep saying the same things over and over again. More to whispering, actually.

     "Chanyeol, do you hear me?" called Baekhyun. Chanyeol put down his arms back. The voice was gone.

     "Yeah? What?" asked Chanyeol.

     "Are you okay? You seemed troubled. Something's bothering you..." said baekhyun. Since few days ago, Chanyeol acted a bit weird. To be more accurate,since Seungwan died.

     "I don't know. I keep hearing voices. I'm not crazy,Baek!"

     "Okay,I know.I know," Baekhyun hugged his friend, calming him down. Chanyeol started to cry. deep inside,he was broken and sad.

     "Why must she die? She doesn't deserve to die..." confessed Chanyeol.

     "Channie, I know it's hard for you. But you need to remember. You need to survive. You are still living. She would've been really sad if she found you like this," then Baekhyun let his shirt wet with Chanyeol's tears.


     Baekhyun had bought kimchi fried rice for Chanyeol. It's his responsibility to cheer him up. He stepped into the class and saw a scene he never expected to watch. He dropped the fried rice and ran to his seat. He quickly snatched the knife from Chanyeol's hand.

     "What are you doing,huh? Don't be like this anymore. I need my Happy Virus," said Baekhyun,pleading with sympathy. Chanyeol's eyes were cold, weak and dark. He only glared at his wrist.

     "I don't know. I just feel like it," replied Chanyeol in a low tone.

     "Where did you get this knife?"

     "It just appeared out of nowhere. It was on my table. I heard someone told me to do it. To kill myself," Baekhyun sighed.

     "Whatever it is, don't do it again,"

     "Hey,can I go to the toilet?" Baekhyun nodded. He waited for Chanyeol for almost 15 minutes. He started to worry him and left to the toilet.

     "Mr Lonely, I guess you can thank me for reuniting you with that nerd," said Suho who was dunking Chanyeol's head into the sink filled with water. Chanyeol didn't fight back. Baekhyun sprinted and punched Suho right in his face. Suho fell on the floor. He stood up and left,with his hand holding his right jaw.

     "Yah! You okay?" Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol out of the toilet.

     "Why didn't you fight back?" asked Baekhyun again.

     "The voice told me to stay if I want to meet Seungwan. I musn't fight - "

     "Stop,Chanyeol! Just stop all these s! I'm not hearing any more of this!" shouted Baekhyun.

     "I don't care about those ing voices you heard! Just ignore all those and live normally for God's sake! You're not crazy!" Chanyeol put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder.

     "You're not crazy," repeated Baekhyun slowly. Chanyeol sighed.

     "Hey,let's go to the beach tomorrow. Our beach. When was the last time we watch sunset together?" said Chanyeol. Baekhyun smiled.


    The beach was still the same. The white sand, large magnificent rocks, blue sky, all of them. They were still beautiful. Baekhyun and Chanyeol played tag happily there. They splashed water onto each other and then laughed at their own silliness.

     "Hey,Chanyeol. Wait," said Baekhyun. He took out his phone from his pocket. Chanyeol pouted.

     "What?"

     "Someone called. Just a moment," Baekhyun picked up the call. Chanyeol got really bored. He looked at a small cliff. He thought that it would be pretty to watch the sunset there. he then stepped on the stone-like stairs there. He looked back at Baekhyun before continuing his journey.


     "Yobosseyo?" said Baekhyun.

     "Ah,Byun Baekhyun. It's me,your principal,"

     "Sonsaengnim? Why? What's the matter?"

     "Is Chanyeol okay? Was there anything happened between him and Seungwan?"

     "Chanyeol told me that he liked Seungwan. The night before Seungwan died,they confessed but suddenly Seungwan pushed him away. Currently,Chanyeol's quite okay. Not to mention the crazy mischief he made," explained Baekhyun.

     "What kind of mischief?"

     "He told me he heard voices that ask him to do this and that. He wanted to kill himself,"

     "They kissed,right?"

     "Err...yeah,"

     "Baekhyun,I'm telling you this so that you'll take care of Chanyeol. Actually,Seungwan was cursed. It's called The Swan Curse. My sister experienced this before. Seungwan avoided boys because she didn't want to risk anyone's life,"

    "What do you mean?"

     "Swans kill themselves if they're heartbroken as they meet their partner once their partner once in their life. The Swan Curse portrays this. By the kiss,the curse was transferred to Chanyeol. That's why he was eager to die. The curse will happen. You need to stop him from suicide. Where is he?" Baekhyun searched for Chanyeol. He was shocked to find Chanyeol at the edge of a cliff. He dashed towards his friend.

     "Chanyeol,don't!" shouted Baekhyun. Unfortunately,it was too late. Chanyeol jumped off the cliff into the sea and struggled until his death came. Baekhyun cried,realising that he had lost his best friend. Heavy rain fell,instead of the beautiful sunset that was once theirs.


     Chanyeol opened his eyelids. He was in a strange place. Everything was white. He then saw a girl around his age wearing a white floral dress. She approached him slowly.

     "Chanyeol?" it was Seungwan.

     "Hey. Nice to meet you,again," Seungwan hugged him. She was feeling relieved. Chanyeol hugged him back.

     "You revoked the curse. Thanks,"

     "I did?" Seungwan pulled away and shot him a smile.

     "Of course. Nobody had seen you dying right?"

     "Actually,Baekhyun did,"

     "What? This is dangerous,"

     "Why?"

     "Now,he inherits our curse,"

~THE END~

First time writing author's note....

Do you like it? I am thinking of making requests.

Put your ideas on my wall. I'll read it and write it for you.

Anyways,read and subscribe my new fanfic,

Truth and Lies(Jungkook,Taehyung and Nami,OC) 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1156110/truth-and-lies-angst-fluff-romance-sad-bts-jungkookandoc-vandoc

Thanks. Love you guys....