Broken

One Shot Collections of Chanyeol and Wendy

It was impossible for him to see her smile. Not anymore. If only time could turn, he would do anything to bring her smile back. Even if it was not meant for him. It really was crazy, how her smile could change his world. Yet, here he was. Watching her reading her novel, sipping her hot chocolate from time to time. That was her routine, but only one thing differs from the other days. Her broken eyes.

Chanyeol hesitated before standing up and approached her. He took the seat in front of her and gazed at her. For a moment, he was captivated by her beauty. His eyes noticed how she brushed her hair off her face just to read more. How her hair fell perfectly on her shoulders. How, despite the fact that she didn't go to any hair salon, she could keep her hair wavy. How her lips spoke his name like a poem.

"Mr Park Chanyeol, are you listening?" Wendy spoke, waving her hands before his face. That brought him back to reality.

"Yes?" he blinked a few times.

"What do you want?"

"I want to apologise," those words made her smile mockingly.

"I wish it was as simple as that, Chanyeol. We had a deal, it was all fine. We could have been friends, but you ruined it. I know that you were drunk and stuff, but I am not one of those girls who would willingly spread their legs for you. I want mine to be with the one I love, get it?"

Chanyeol was stunned. Yes, she spoke like the goddess Athena herself but the fact that she spoke for herself that he himself, her legal husband was not the one she love. He had known it from the start, he loved her. But the feelings were only on his side. And now, the girl he deeply in love with had hated him with her entire soul.

"If it wasn't for love, why did you accept my proposal?" for once, she couldn't answer. Out of all their conversations, this would be the first time Wendy lost the talk. Chanyeol studied her face, anticipating a reply.

"Because," her eyes met his, not breaking their eye contact, "there is no love for me anymore, what's left to risk?"

Her words struck him like a lightning. He was lucky to marry a wise girl, but he was not lucky to win her heart. Realisation hits him in the face, as he recalled the night they spent together at the rooftop of his house. Where they both gaze at the stars, talking their hearts out. He remembered how she was cheated on thrice just because they find her boring. He had sworn that he will be the first to make her smile. And yet, he failed.

He inhaled slowly and sighed. His eyes were locked onto hers, how did she became so calm after telling that she was broken? Perhaps she was now too broken to care anymore. He then reached for her small hands, smiling softly to calm her down. Can a broken person be calmed down though?

"I'll love you, I promise that," he spoke those words out aloud, not keeping it to himself this time. He knew that she would mock him, after what he had done. He was so unwise, unlike her.

"We'll see then, Mr Park," with a short smile, she stood up and left.

Chanyeol grinned widely as he had gained her trust. His only mission now is to win her over. But how, she was like an owl and he was just a fox, sly and cunning. Only an owl can attract another owl. 

"Wendy, wait for me,"