You and I

One Shot Collections of Chanyeol and Wendy

Spring. Just perfect for my assignment. According to Google - I swear I need to thank Google for letting me pass my semesters - the best spot for spring photos is Yeouido, so I headed there. And damn, the Google was right. The place was quite hectic to be frank.

The scenery was just perfect. How the cherry blossoms fell off the tree, the pink season is just perfect. Families were gathering here, perhaps to snap pictures or eating some snacks while enjoying the magnificent view. It seems that there are no empty areas, so it would be better to go to the less crowded area.

And there I was. In front of a huge shady cherry blossom tree. Without wasting any more time, I prepared my camera and took a few shots of the tree. It was indeed beautiful.

"Wan-ah, come over here!" I heard from my side. A second after that, a brunette-haired girl appeared to the front of my camera, watching the cherry blossom. She seemed to be wearing a soft pink dress, with a headband on her long straight hair. 

"Tch," I moved my camera to another angle, and took another photo. And yet, she appeared in front of my camera again. 

Feeling a bit curious, I focused my lenses on her. She really was beautiful, and looked perfect with the scenery. Carefully, I snapped a photo of her and managed to let out a smile. I checked back on the photo and smiled. The shot was as perfect as she was.

"Hello? Excuse me?" I glanced and paused to see the girl in front of me. That girl.

"Yes miss?" I replied.

"My friend over there asked if you could help us take our pictures," she spoke softly. Her voice was like a melody I could listen all day. I nodded and took her phone. I followed her steps and halted before them.


Wendy. Yes, the photo chosen for SME's Art Exhibition this year. Who would have expect a second year student to be selected in the exhibition? To others, the photo describes how her beauty fits with the season. From my view, the photo contains my love towards her. My love at first sight.

"Isn't that you, Wan?" I turned to find her again, with her friend from before. She seemed shocked but her eyes were in awe. I smiled at her, in which she smiled back.

"Can we talk sir?" she spoke and left to the park. I followed her again, just like the last time we met.

"How do you know my name sir?" she asked. I knitted my eyebrows.

"I don't."

"Wendy?" she turned to face me, knitting her eyebrows in confusion. 

"Wendy, is a character from a book I read. People see her as beautiful but weak. But, I see her strength and courage. She's just perfect," without even me realising, I spoke while staring at her. I could see her sweet smile as she looked at me in my eyes.

She seems to snap back to reality as she faked a cough and glanced around the park, obviously avoiding making eye contact with me again. My shoulders relaxed as I kept observing her.

"Seungwan,"

"Hm?" 

"My name, it's Seungwan," she said, giving off another smile. I nodded slowly.

"Chanyeol," I spoke. And so, that was how we met.


"Chan! Look!" she exclaimed happily, pointing towards the flying seagull just above our heads. I snapped a few photos of them, resulting in a pouting Wendy. I turned towards her and gave my signature smile.

"Wae?" I asked.

"Stop taking pictures and enjoy the moment," she spoke before pulling my hand to the sea. I followed her, as I had no choice. She seemed so happy that I chuckled to see her this bright. We stopped just as our feet could feel the warmth of the sea. I gazed at her who was closing her eyes, seemingly feeling herself at the moment.

"Pretty," I commented. 

"See? I told you this place is-"

"The pretty one is you, Wendy," I cut her words, causing her to immediately open her eyelids and stare at me. I blinked innocently and raised my eyebrows slightly.

She shook her head slightly and slapped my right shoulder. It wasn't that painful though, she's a girl after all. I could see her looking away from me, folding her arms. I grinned and wrapped my arm around her shoulders. And, she gave in. She got closer to my body and hugged me.

"Aww, look at Wendy, I thought she was going to sulk," I , hugging her tightly. She chuckled and shook her head.

"How can I? Tell me," 

"Hey," I spoke, looking at her in the eyes. She faced me and remained silent.

"I love you..." I confessed. Without exchanging any other words, she kissed my cheek softly.