Memories

Blood Love

 

The news is once again about the mysterious way of murdering people. The tanned girl sat on the big armchair in a relaxed position as she listens to the news while reading a very thick book. Making a small marking on the page where she stops at, she closes the book and put it aside, turn off the television and stomp out of the room, down the dark and long  corridor than seems to be never-ending. She stops outside on of the many rooms along this corridor and opens it without knocking. The guy, owner of the room, was sitting in front of the wide screen television, back facing the door.
“Little miss, it’s rude to barge in like that, you know.” He commented, turning off the television, but with his eyes still fixed on the black screen, looking at the reflection of the girl.
“I don’t care. Can you do something about your DEAR dongsaeng? How many times must we tell her to clean up after her meal?” The tanned girl ignored the guy’s comment and went on to complain.
“She’s your dongsaeng too. Please remember that.”
“But she listens to you better! She hangs up on me when I call her...”
“Not now. Not after what happen two months ago.”
“Everyone is getting angered by her unclean actions, oppa.”
“There’s nothing that I can do. Let’s just see what happens. If something seems to be amiss, I promise to take care of it immediately.”
“You better do, oppa.” With that, the tanned girl left the room. The guy got up from his seat, intending to get into bed. He stops by the fireplace, whereby a picture of their family was placed at. The one and only picture. All five of them were smiling so happily in the picture, but now, it is all impossible to get back to the feeling they once have. Definitely not after the event that happened two months ago, resulting in a broken up family.
I’m sorry, Mum, Dad. For everything that I did... It’s.. It’s not my fault.. I didn’t want it to become this way... Please don’t blame and hate me... I beg you.. He stared at the picture for a long while, not realising that his vision is getting a little blurry due to the tears that formed in his eyes. Wiping his tears away, he put the picture back in its place, switch off the lights and got into bed. He grinned. It was a devilish grin. It’s not my fault.. It’s your own..

-----

The school bell rang, signalling the end of school. Yoona left her group of friends with Sooyoung and walked slowly towards the school gate. Sooyoung is still looking around happily, curious about everything in this place.
“Why are you so hyper...? You were calm in the morning before I enter the school compound...” Yoona looked at the overly-excited girl beside her, thinking hard about the sudden change in her behaviour.
“Because it’s after seven.” Sooyoung replied, smiling like a small kid.
“After seven? Why?”
“All of us are like this. Once the time pass seven in the morning, we would start to feel curious about everything that we are not familiar with and the more playful and slightly childish side of us would come out. However, once night approaches, we would return to our calm and serious side.”
“We?”
“Yea. All the vam....” Sooyoung quickly covers her own mouth, realising that she almost reveal about her race to Yoona, who is a human.
“Huh?” Yoona is confused by Sooyoung’s action.
“... All.. all.. “ Sooyoung thought hard about how to cover up for her mistake. ”All my family members are like this! Yea.. My family members..”
“Oh. That’s kinda weird. Haha.” Yoona giggled. It is so cute that it makes Sooyoung’s heart skips a beat, and her face turns red. She kept quiet, not knowing what to say as a reply. She could feel her heart pumping furiously, so fast that it seems as though it would jump out from her chest through . “By the way, to be honest, you look really familiar... did I see you somewhere before?” Yoona continued, interrupting her train of thoughts.
“Really? But we met for the first time yesterday, didn’t we? I.. I.. I don’t remember seeing you before...” Sooyoung jerked slightly, shocked by the question. She did not want Yoona to know that she was the girl that tried to attack her two months ago.
Two months ago... Damm.. those memories.. Those dreadful memories that I wanted to get off my mind forever.. Sooyoung frowned. She did not want to remember about that particular event that happened right in front of her eyes two months ago. She hated the fact that she was the eye-witness of the whole incident. She wants to erase those memories completely, but she could not. The images flashed across her mind, images from that incident.
“Are.. are you okay? Did I say something wrong..?” Yoona noticed how pale Sooyoung had become after she asked that question. She got worried.
“Hu.. huh? No.. I’m okay. Don’t worry. Let’s go..” Sooyoung forced a smile and grabbed Yoona’s hand, leading her into the secluded place that they landed at in the morning. She brings Yoona into her embrace once again and set off, in the direction of her house. That night, Sooyoung could not sleep. The memories kept on haunting her. It was as though she had went back to that fateful day, witnessing the whole incident once more. She feels tired. Both physically and mentally. The fact that she did not have a proper meal today made things worse. Then, her eyes start to close by themselves, and soon, she fell asleep. However, the haunting did not stop. Instead, it went into her dream. In her dream, she finds herself walking down the exact same corridor, in the exact same direction. She stopped in front of a gigantic door, and with little force, she pushed the handle, and opened the door. The room was empty. However, voices can be heard from the extra room at the another end of this big room. Someone is quarrelling with someone else. In fact, there were three voices. Three familiar voices. She approached the room slowly, and peeked in, not letting anyone notice her. She saw her parents and brother. The people that she loved a lot. The people that she loved much more than she love herself. She did not know why are they quarrelling. Her brother had always being a filial son that never oppose to the decisions made by her parents. Soon, a horrifying scene appeared right front of her eyes. Her father attempted to slap her brother, but her brother stopped the incoming hand easily. A fight broke out. And eventually, her brother bared his fangs. His sharp and deadly fangs. He sunk his fangs into her father’s neck, him dry. His face turned from pinkish to pale, from pale to purple. It was clear that he was dead. Her mother was backing away, completely filled with fear. But that did not stop her brother. He approached skilfully with high speed, and her mother’s fate turned out to be the same as her father’s. With the two lifeless bodies on the floor, it was a dreadful sight. Sooyoung could no longer held it in. She let out a high pitch scream, and tears flowed uncontrollably from her eyes. She backed away slowly from the room before turning around to run, out of the room, as fast as she could, as though someone is chasing her. She ran, not knowing where she is going. The only thing that she knows now is that she wants to be out of this place.
“Sooyoung.” She heard someone calling her. It was not her brother. Neither it was her sister. It was someone else. “Sooyoung...” The voice. This sweet voice that is calling her. “Are you okay, Sooyoung? Sooyoung..”
Her eyes shot open. She is back. In her own house. She surveyed her surrounding, and noticed that the doe-eye girl is sitting beside her, looking at her with a worried look.
“Are you okay..? You were screaming a lot just now..” Yoona stared at the face of the girl, which is wet due to the sweat. Her shirt is drenched, so is her pillow.
“Y.. yea.. Did I wake you up..? Sorry...” Sooyoung sat up. The whole area where she had been lying on is completely wet. Yoona took out a piece of tissue and starts to wipe the sweat on Sooyoung’s forehead. “Oh.. err.. I shall go and bathe... I sweat too much..” Sooyoung held Yoona’s wrist and pull it away from her forehead. Steadily, she got out of the bed and went into the bathroom, leaving Yoona to sit there and stares. She fills the bathtub with water and got in, staying inside without doing anything. This is bad.. it’s happening again.. All those memories are coming back to me again in my dreams... Why did this happen...?

-----

“SOOYOUNG!!” The guy shouted as he sat up quickly, with his hand outstretched, as though he is trying to stop someone from running away. In the mirror of the dresser, he sees his own image. The dreadful image of himself, wet, and pajamas drenched. His eyes are wide open, showing more of the whites of his eyeballs. It looks as though he is staring at himself. He used his hands to support his head, as trains of thoughts travelled through his mind. It starts to hurt. The splitting pain in his head is becoming unbearable. Those memories from two months ago... Why did it came back suddenly? All those images.. it was as though I’m experiencing it once more, going through the same process... the same killing process... And the feeling... it’s so real.. And great... The pain did not stop. Instead, it got worst. He tried to refrain himself, but it did not help. He got out of his bed and ended up falling down, rolling on the floor in pain. He screamed. Alerting all his neighbours. The tanned girl got in, and was shocked to see him on the ground, groaning and screaming in pain. She knew exactly what happened. She cuts a small wound that is big enough for some blood to flow out on her arm and allow the blood to drip into the guy’s mouth. The smell of fresh blood makes his urge to drink it resurface. He grabbed on to the tanned girl’s hand and starts to , refusing to stop any sooner.
“O.. Oppa..” The girl felt the pain. If this goes on, she might die. “Oppa.. please..”
Realising what he was doing, he backed away immediately from her and stared blankly. He touches his own lips. It is wet, and has dark red liquid on it. The blood on the girl’s arm continue to flow, and she tries hard to stop it. The wound got a little bigger than before.

“I.. I’m sorry... I lose my sense just now..” He approached and helped her to clot the blood, stopping it from flowing out. He supports her, allowing her to stand, and see her out of his room, thanking her. Making his way to the bathroom, he stops right in front of the mirror. It was that same image again. The horrible image of a killer. Killer of his own parents.