First Meeting

Blood Love

 

“It’s yet again, another case of murder. The suspect...” The news reporter reported. Feeling tired of hearing the same thing over and over again, the tall girl turned off the television. That was the fifth case over the last five days. All the victims have two holes, which seems to be a sharp object, punctured on their necks. And they were all criminals that managed to get away from being punished by the law. She made her way up the stairs of the quiet house, and into her own room. Soon after she sat down at her desk, her phone rang.
“Is it you again?” The person at the other end of the line spoke, immediately after she picks up.
“Yes... I deliberately choose those that deserved it...” She answered, sounding really calm yet irritated.
“But you are making it too obvious!”
“I don’t care... As long as I have my fill...”
“You will...”
“Ya ya ya... Bye.” Without giving that person any chance to continue, she hung up the call and turn off her phone. She made a devilish grin, clearly showing off the two slightly sharper tooth in .
“Mm... Who shall it be today?” She flipped through the stack of papers on her desk, looking the profiles of different people. The first five had their pictures crossed out. “Ahh... Kim Jin Il.... and abductor of up to ten cases... Disgusting guy...” She frowned, looking at the ugly face of her target. She put the papers aside and went to bathe.
“Hunting time~” She whistled, as she enters the bathroom.

-----

Pulling her red luggage behind her, the doe-eye girl walked out of the house which she had rented. After losing her part-time job, she could not longer afford the rent after paying for her school fees. Not knowing where to go, she strolled down the lonely street, unaware of the shadow lurking round the corner, waiting for her. Before she knew it, she was pulled, with covered, into the dark alley by someone, causing her to lose grip on her luggage. She was thrown to the ground and the shadow gets close enough for her recognise who the person was. It was Kim Jin Il, the culprit responsible for the ten cases of and abduction. Meeting him alone in a place like this means nothing good. In fact, it is definitely one of the worst. Realising how beautiful his prey was, Kim got even more excited than ever. He grabbed on to her shirt and torn it apart with one hand, revealing her bra. She quickly tries to cover it up with her hands but he pulls her hands away. She knew that it is useless to scream, as no one would hear her. She felt completely helpless. Tears starts to form as she was reminded of the fact that she just got ‘kicked’ out from her house and now, here she is, in the midst of getting by this ugly guy. However, before he could do anything, a mysterious figure appeared out of nowhere, behind him. With a swipe of the long cloak, Kim disappeared with the mysterious figure. A loud scream was heard. It was Kim’s. The girl began to look around but sees nothing. However, something shocking soon revealed itself to her. A lifeless body fell from the sky and landed, some distance away from her, with a loud thud. The mysterious figure reappeared, with her luggage and a outstretched hand, telling her to hold it. Even though she is scared, she still held it. Right after she did that, she was pulled to her feet and towards the mysterious figure, who covers her almost body with the long cloak. Holding the girl tightly, the figure jumped, so high and fast that it feels as though they are flying. Under the moonlight, the mysterious figure’s face was clearly shown. It was a girl. A cute, beautiful girl. However, her lips and chin was stained with dark red liquid, which seems like and smells like blood. Being too shocked and scared by whatever that just happened, the doe-eye girl loses her conscious. Everything became black.

-----

Slowly, she opens her eyes, allowing the sunlight to enters. She finds herself, lying on a king size bed, in a big spacious room, and with a shirt on. The room, occupies the whole of the second floor, and everything here make it seems like it was a house of a rich family. She then noticed something else. There was a girl, lying beside her in the same bed, sleeping soundly. Shocked, she let out a scream and jumped out of bed, waking the girl up instantly.
“What’s with all the screaming early in the morning...” The girl groaned as she opens her eyes slowly.
“Wh.. who are you?” The doe-eye girl stuttered. For some reason, this girl looks familiar.
“The one that save you from that disgusting guy.. derh.. “ She rubbed her eyes and looked at the doe-eye girl. She knew who this girl was. They met before, but she probably would not remember, since it was only for a short while and it took place almost two months ago, on that fateful night. She could not help it but to stare at her intensely, admiring her beauty. She missed her and she finally found her. “I’m Sooyoung, by the way.”
“Ohh... Thanks for yesterday, Sooyoung... I.. I’m Yoona..” The doe-eye girl still remembers the dark red liquid that was on Sooyoung’s lower jaw last night. She still did not know what is that, neither do she wants to know. She caught a glance of the table clock that was on the desk, and opened wide. “Oh crap! I’m going to be late for school!”
“School?” Since she had never attend school before, the word is unfamiliar to her.
“Yea.. Damm...” Yoona opens up her large luggage and starts to pull everything out, throwing them everywhere. She finally found her uniform, which looked like a rag now, with all those wrinkles and creases on it.
“Is that a rag...?” Sooyoung stared at the piece of rag-liked cloth in the Yoona’s hands, and it looks nothing like a clothing to her.
“No! It’s my uniform... But how am I going to wear this...” The doe-eye girl tugged lightly on her uniform.
“Don’t go then. Just for today.”
“I can’t... I don’t have a medical certificate.. Neither do I have parents to write a parent letter to explain...” Upon saying the word, parents, Yoona was clearly saddened. She grew up as a orphan and had never see her parents before. Mentioning about parents make her feels miserable, as she, too, wanted to know how it feels like to have someone that she can call Mum and Dad. Sooyoung looked down on the floor, as she thought of her own parents, who left her, not because they want to but someone caused it to happen.
“... Go wash up...” Sooyoung got out of the bed and took the uniform from Yoona, before going downstairs. Even though she is confused, she did as told. Ten minutes passed and Yoona exited from the bathroom. Her uniform was properly ironed and left on the bed.
“Be quick... I will send you to.. to..” Sooyoung, who is standing beside the bathroom entrance, could not remember the word. As fast as she could, Yoona packed her school bag and paused before she starts to change her clothes. She stared at the girl, who is still standing beside the bathroom entrance, trying to tell her to leave the room by sending ‘message’ through her eyes.
“What? It’s not like I didn’t see it before... It was so clear yesterday...” Understanding her immediately, the girl spoke, looking indifferent. Since there is nothing that she could do, the doe-eye girl unwillingly changes her clothes in front of the girl. After seeing that Yoona is done with her preparation, Sooyoung remove her cloak from the hanger and put it on. She then pulls Yoona into her embrace and jumped out of the window without a warning. With her speed, it took them less than a minute to reach the school. Landing at somewhere secluded, Sooyoung let go of Yoona and followed her to the gate.
“So this is.. err.. this..” Sooyoung still could not remember the word. She looked at Yoona as she tries hard to remember it.
“School. Yes, this is a school.. Didn’t you attend it before?” Yoona sees the fact that Sooyoung forgets the term to call this place, and answered.
“Oh. Yea. School.. Err.. no.. I have never being here before...”
“Are you home-schooled?”
“What? Hom.. home-schooled?”
“Do you not know what is the meaning of that..?”
“... No..”
“... It means to have tutors coming to your house to teach you the things that the teachers in school teach..”
“Ahh.. I see... “
“I should go in now.. Bye..”
“Oh.. bye..”
Yoona left the girl and went through the school gate, into the compound. She turns around slightly, peeking at the girl as she feels that something is seriously weird about her.
Just what is she... High speed.. amazing jumping height... knows nothing about simple things like school... And those dark red liquid on her lower jaw last night... However, while she is deep in her thoughts, she fails to realise that Sooyoung was walking by her side. She was totally shocked when she notices.
“Can I come with you? I want to check out this place call.. call.. Ah! School. Pretty please?” Sooyoung is now acting like a little child, begging her mother to let her come along to play. Not knowing what to say, Yoona agreed and Sooyoung jumped around happily, very low jumps of course. However, when the class started, things became very embarrassing for Yoona and the atmosphere in the class became weird.
“Yoona, may I know who’s this..?” The teacher asked, looking at the tall girl, who is now going round the whole classroom with her long cloak on, exploring every little corner of it.