Case #01: The Elevator Zone Has No Throne

Taming of the 22nd Floor Screwball

2 minutes and 34 seconds to 10pm and counting. Serial TV-binger Taehyung teetered on impatient toes; the Game of Thrones season finale aired tonight. His building’s elevator yawned to a creaking stop at the ground floor. “Took your sweet time, didn’t you?” he spoke aloud. 

A woman popped into the tight space along with him. She smiled. He smiled back. Polite mannerisms practiced for coincidental meetings between neighbors. She pressed his floor’s button first. 

Along with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 — had he entered the twilight zone? Du-du-du-du, du-du-du-du. 1 minute and 55 seconds to 10pm and counting. What would the Starks do without him? 

He’d surely be entering spoiler territory if he started even a word past the 1 minute and 41 second opening. This couldn’t be happening. Joffrey, Cersei, Ilyn Payne, Meryn Trant, Rorge, Polliver, The Mountain, Button-crazy Elevator Lady. It was while he was planning her gruesome demise that the doors opened on the 4th floor.

And her exact words were, “Why so serious? Let’s see a smile on that face.” 

Suffice it to say Taehyung missed the first 15 minutes of Game of Thrones. He begrudgingly re-watched The Dark Knight, avoiding his twitter feed as he bid his time until the 11:30pm rerun. His agent of chaos had a name: Anna. Their first encounter was only a brief introduction to an addictive kind of anarchy. 


Du-du-du-du, du-du-du-du.