Chapter 6

Maybe It Is Love

Ring........

 

The bell rang indicating lunchtime. Eunhyuk and his friends were ready to leave for the cafeteria but Sungmin was still not finished packing his books in his bag. “Sungmin-ah, hurry up. Why are you so slow?” Heechul snorted.

 

“I’m done, let’s go!” Sungmin jumped happily.

 

“Oh, finally!” said Eunhyuk.

They started walking to go to the cafeteria but then they heard a sound.

 

It was Kim Ryeowook who was packing his books in his bag when a boy who was passing by accidently hit him with his shoulder. Because of the hit, his stomach hit the cornor of the table, making him wince at the pain. A small whimper left his mouth earning the attention of the passing group of Eunhyuk and his friends.

 

The group stopped when Yesung walked up to Ryeowook. “Are you okay?” There was pure concern in his voice.

 

Ryeowook looked up hearing the unexpected voice. His eyes met Yesung’s and he immediately looked down. “I-I am okay,” he answered. He felt shy under the taller boy’s gaze as a blush crept onto his cheeks. It was the second time in this year that Yesung talked to him. He liked the taller boy’s voice. Sometimes he would secretly listen to the taller boy and his friends’ conversation to hear his voice. But now that the other boy was talking to him, he didn’t know how to react.

 

Yesung was not convinced by the answer. “Are you sure?” he asked again making the smaller boy blush more.

 

“Y-Yeah, thanks for your concern.”

 

“Where are your friends?”

 

“They had s-something to do, so I am having l-lunch with Kyuhyun,” he replied.

 

Yesung smiled as an idea came to his mind. He nodded slowly and said, “You can join us if you want.....I mean if you would like to eat with me....uh.....eat with us, yeah.”

 

He scratched the nape of his neck awkwardly. Ryeowook smiled and nodded, “O-Okay, is it okay if Kyu comes too?”

 

“Yeah, it’s alright,” Yesung smiled and looked at his friends, “It’s okay, right, guys?”

 

Sungmin jumped happily and said, “Yes, Kyuhyunnie can come too.”

 

Heechul, Siwon and Eunhyuk were looking at them with a you-guys-are-crazy-in-love look. Kyuhyun was already standing beside Ryeowook when Sungmin started jumping again. Kyuhyun watched the jumping boy with an amused look. They all started for the cafeteria together. They were eating and chatting when some girls were trying to flirt with them, especially Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk also flirted with them when the others were looking at him with a what-a-ert look.

 

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were dumbfounded. They couldn’t believe what they were seeing and hearing. Eunhyuk was saying such dirty words without any hesitation. Heechul noticed their discomfort. “Hyuk, can you please stop flirting?” Heechul growled.

 

“Bye, oppa. See you tonight,” the girl winked at Eunhyuk and then left the place.

 

“Ow, finally she is gone,” Siwon said.

 

What, guys? Why are you acting like this?” Eunhyuk said, annoyed that his friends were interrupting him when he was having fun with the girl.

 

“We’re tired of your flirting. Seriously, Hyuk....I mean can you at least get a girlfriend and flirt with her only?” Yesung said, annoyed.

 

Eunhyuk furrowed his eyebrows at his friends, “You know I don’t do relationships. Where is the fun of ing one girl when I can different girls and have fun?”

 

“You’re unbelievable,” Sungmin muttered and went back to eating.

 

“At least I am not like you guys who are crazy for someone but can’t tell them how you feel,” Eunhyuk smirked.

 

Heechul rolled his eyes at him. Ryeowook talked for the first time, “You like someone?” he looked at Sungmin. Sungmin just blushed and replied with a yeah and glanced at Kyuhyun for a second who was busy playing game in his PSP, which didn’t go unnoticed by Ryeowook. Ryeowook smiled inwardly at the realization that this cute bunny boy liked his game-maniac friend.

 

Lunch ended and they went to their classes. Ryeowook was smiling by himself which Kyuhyun noticed. “Why are you smiling?” he asked his friend.

 

Ryeowook just muttered a nothing but then he looked at Kyuhyun and asked, “Kyu, what do you think about Sungmin?”

 

Kyuhyun lifted his right eyebrow at the question, “Why are you asking this question?”

 

“Just because. Tell me what you think about him.”

 

“Okay, he looks like a bunny, always jumps like he is watching Olimpic and smiles like an idiot,” he shrugged.

 

Ryeowook’s smile vanished, “You don’t think he is cute?”

 

“Why would I think that? I think he is weird,” Kyu answered and went back to playing game.

 

After all the classes ended, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Hangeng and Donghae were walking to the school main gate. They were talking about their studies. Suddenly, Donghae crashed into someone and fell onto the hard ground on his . He made an ouch sound and looked at the person who caused his fall and there he saw Lee Eunhyuk who was also on the ground. Eunhyuk slowly got up from the ground and stood on his feet. Kyuhyun helped Donghae to stand up when Hangeng and Ryeowook was looking at him worriedly.

 

“You okay?” Ryeowook asked him.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he replied and looked at Eunhyuk who was looking at him with an annoyed expression.

 

“Can’t you at least see where you are walking?” Eunhyuk said annoyedly.

 

“I’m sorry. But you should say sorry too.”

 

“And why should I do that?”

 

“Because I was not the only one at fault, you were also careless,” Donghae said.

 

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes as he was getting more annoyed. “Whatever,” he muttered and started walking away from them. Donghae shook his head, amused at Eunhyuk’s behavior.

 

Yes, he was not angry at Eunhyuk. He could never be angry at the elder boy, and you are thinking right. Donghae has a crush on the other boy. He liked Eunhyuk a lot but he promised himself that he will never confess his feelings to him because he knew that Eunhyuk was straight and there was no way he would like Donghae back. Donghae knew he would get married with another guy named Hyukjae soon, and he had to try to love his husband. So, it was clear like water to him that he couldn’t be with the redheaded boy.

 

Donghae and Kyuhyun walked home together whereas Ryeowook was going by Hangeng’s car. Hangeng and Ryeowook lived at the same neighbourhood. Donghae and Kyuhyun always went together because Kyuhyun’s house was on the way to Donghae’s but Donghae’s house was far from Kyuhyun’s. So, after walking a few minutes, Kyuhyun reached his destination and Donghae had to go the rest of the path alone. He didn’t mind though.

 

Donghae was so exhausted that he collapsed on the bed after reaching his small apartment. He didn’t have an apetite, so he decided to get a lot of sleep after showering. He showered and went to bed with a towel wrapped around his waist. He didn’t bother to change into his pajamas. He covered himself with his blanket and went straight to sleep. He found peace but little did he know that his life was not going to be peaceful anymore.