Chapter 12

Maybe It Is Love

Donghae was reading a book their literature teacher had suggested in the class. It was a story of a girl in love. He could feel everything the girl of the story felt because he was in a similar situation as the girl.

 

The thing that was common in both of their life was, they both fell in a one-sided love. He just started reading the book but he was already feeling tears threatening to fall from his eyes. The story was really sad.

 

After reading a few more pages, he closed the book, he couldn’t read more, he was afraid of what will happen next. He decided that he just needed to gather some courage before reading further. Donghae wasn’t used to reading sad stories because he hated sad endings. As childish as it sounded, he simply thought fairy tales with romantic happy endings were the best stories in the world. He was very emotional and couldn’t handle sad situations well, so he always tried to stay as happy as he could. After his parents’ death, he cried a lot. And he just didn’t like to cry because crying meant sadness and it always brought problems.

 

He walked out of his room - Eunhyuk declared that he couldn’t sleep with him. So, Donghae just moved to another room that was next to Eunhyuk’s - and headed downstairs to the living room. This house was just too big. He glanced at the closed door which stood between him and the elder’s room, separating them.

 

He sighed softly. It was his sixth day as an unlucky wife who couldn’t win even a small spot in his husband’s heart.

 

As he reached the living room, he found his father-in-law watching a soccer match on the wide screen of the television. He bowed at the elder man before taking a seat beside him on the couch.

 

“You are here, I was just going to ask you to come here,” Mr. Lee said when he saw the younger male.

 

“Why, uncle? Do you need something?” Donghae asked him.

 

“Yes, I wanted to tell you something but you will have to wait until Hyuk comes home,” he replied and smiled.

 

They started watching the soccer game on TV while talking about random things. They stopped talking as the doorbell rang, indicating someone’s arrival. Donghae got up and went to open the door. It was Eunhyuk who didn’t even glance at Donghae and went inside the house after taking his shoes off.

 

“Here you are, son. We were waiting for you,” Mr. Lee greeted his son with a smile.

 

“We?”

 

“Yes, I and Donghae,” he said as Eunhyuk sat beside his father.

 

Donghae sat beside Eunhyuk but didn’t forget to keep some distance between them. “What is it, dad?” Eunhyuk said while looking at his father.

 

“I wanted to inform you that you are moving to a apartment and you two will live there starting from tomorrow,” his father said with a smile. Donghae was confused.

 

“Two?” the married couple asked in unison.

 

The eldest man nodded his head, still smiling - more like grinning - and replied, “Yes, you have just started a relationship and you should live together where you would get more space and it’d help you to become close and understand each other. I believe it is very necessary, so now go to your rooms and start packing yours bags and luggages, whatever you wish to take with you and you will go to your new apartment straight from school. I will send your belongings by someone, you don’t have to worry about that.” He stood up and smiled at the younger boys, “I’m feeling really sleepy, so I’m going to sleep now. Don’t disturb me, bye bye.” He then walked away to his room leaving the boys with their mouths hanging open in shock.

 

A few moments passed by and they remembered to close their mouths and then looked at each other. Eunhyuk made a disgusted face at the younger boy and Donghae looked down, hurt by the look the elder gave him.

 

“Listen, Lee Donghae, I am so not going to tolerate you for the rest of my life. So you better keep your distance from me or else you will regret that you ever got to know me,” he said with a cold and strict tone that made the other stiffen. “ my life,” he cussed loudly and then left, leaving the brunette alone in the living room.

 

Donghae sighed; he then went to his room and started packing his clothes and belongings. He had a feeling that things would become worse than it already was. He decided to sleep after changing into his pajamas. His life was going to change a lot, he knew it.

 

But the thing he was unsure of was if the change was for good or bad.