III: HANIEL [ongoing editing]

Why Can't We Be [UNDER EDITING BUT CAN STILL READ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♦ HANIEL♦

 

@JKwn The night is still young with @Hnielpxrk !

@XinYang Bro, tag us too!

@heyHYO Look at the pic. We’re also here!

@RazeOBrien Or just mention us?

@JKwn Tag yourselves HAHAHAHA!

 

Three hours before Christmas. I am going to spend my Christmas Eve with my friends and tomorrow, I will be with Jin’s family. Actually, I already planned to spend the Christmas Eve with Jin’s family. However, because of an immediate celebration, Jin said that we should meet our friends.

 

My Christmas holiday are most spent with Jin's family. My parents and my sister are living in California.  My Mom still keeps on persuading me to live with them. Yes, I miss them but I want to prove that I can live independently.

 

I still feel lazy even if I am already prepared for our night out. However, our presence is important for one of our friends. Xin is going to debut as a DJ of Muzik Pub. His first stage is going to be introduced by one of the best DJ’s in our country. We are so proud of him and as his friends, we need to support him.

I met Xin because he is Jin’s best friend. Before, he just loves to party with us and we did not believe him when he said that he likes to be a DJ. We never thought that he is already making his own mix tapes. Until one day, he laughed at us while dancing to one of our favorite song in the Muzik Pub.

 We really dance whenever we hear that song. Little we didn’t know, the song that Muzik Pub is playing is  Xin’s song.

Now, after all his hard work, he’s going to introduce himself to the public. I hope he becomes a well-known DJ to the music industry someday. 

 

- Jin Bastard-  (Jin’s name on Haniel’s phone.)

Han, please go down now. I’m already waiting for hours.

-Scoundrel Han-  (Haniel’s name on Jin’s phone.)

Shut up, you just came. Give me 5 minutes.

 

Jin decides to give me a ride. Well, he has a car and as my friend, that’s his obligation. He loves to go out? Then he should give me a ride.

I'm wearing black simple dress with a red pair of shoes. I do not usually go out with this kind of outfit but Xin requested it that’s why I don’t have a choice.

When I walk down to the parking lot, Jin is on his phone while leaning on his Lamborghini. He’s wearing a black coat with white shirt underneath and… red pair of sneakers? So, this is the reason why he asked me about the color of my dress and shoes last night. God, he just likes to me.Tch.

“So, you’re always going to copy my style?”

He scrutinizes me from head to toe and smiles, “But you don’t own the colors. I can wear it if I want it.” Then he hooks my hair at the back of my ear that shows my 7 earrings. “So, can we go now?”

“Drive safely.” I tap his chest and ask to open the door for me.

It’s quite a long drive because of traffic. Our friends are already calling us but we make them sure that we are going to be there before Xin’s turn. I notice that Jin is keeping on looking at me but he never says anything.  “You have something to say?”

“Ahh…”

The traffic light goes red and he shifts his position to face me. He looks so nervous and he is clasping his hands.  I never thought Jin would be like this. But I can see that there is something bothering him. 

I’m just waiting for him to talk. He is trying but he keeps on sighing or giving small laughs. He taps the steering wheel but he failes to say his concern.

“What’s with you again, Kwon?” I rest my back at the passenger’s seat and looks at the car window.

The green goes up and Jin starts again to drive. “I’m sorry. I’m just being crazy right now.” Then he laughs.

 

♦♦♦

 

“Merry Christmas, Han Jin!!!” Hyo screams while we are approaching the location. She likes to call us as if we are a couple. She is always like that. Jin and I are just being patient.

Hyo is the only girl in Jin’s group when I first met them.  She is a jolly girl who don’t mind partying every night. She is easy to be with and many people misunderstanding her actions as flirting.

But no, she is just being friendly. She is working with Jin’s company as a graphic artist. I also asked her before if she became Jin’s girlfriend but she said that they never had a thing and she never likse him to be her boyfriend.

She loves to tease us a couple even if we keep on meeting Jin’s girlfriends. I don’t know what’s her reasons but I’m just ignoring it like how Jin is doing.

 

“You’re starting again, Hyo.” I utte but she just gives me a hug.

“Well, same outfits? Come on, guys! Just get married.”

I look at Jin. He supposes to back but he is busy on his phone. “Let’s go inside, Hyo.”

When Jin hears what I’ve said, Jin puts his arm on my shoulder while still on his phone.  “I’m sorry. Just got a message.” He whispers and puts his phone to his pocket. He smoothly slides his hand from my shoulder down to my waist. It’s electric. Tch. He is being touchy again.

“Here’s the HanJin! Late as always! Merry Christmas!” Hyo shouts again when we reach the VIP table near the stage.

“Finally! I thought you’re going on a date again.” Raze raises two glasses of red wine before he gives it to us.

Raze O’Brien is our Californian friend who left his beloved country to party and to be independent. O’Brien is a big name in California because both of Raze parents are well known in the Entertainment industry. Raze wants to secure the reputation of his parents. That’s why he moves away from them.

From the five of us, he is the troublesome. He always gets fired from his jobs and whenever he drinks too much, he is always on a fight. However, Jin believes on his capability to be serious sometimes that’s why he hired him to his digital marketing company with strict conditions.

 

“How long are you going to tease us? Guys, we’re all friends here.” I defend before I drink my wine. “Does Xin already started?”

“He’s going to be there soon, scoundrel.” Jin holds my arm and pulls me down to sit beside him. “How’s everything? Right after Xin called me last night, we never talk again.”

“He did not call us too. Maybe he is nervous. You know first stage.” Hyo answers while pouring red wine on her glass. “No one is going home without getting drunk.” She declares and we share a congratulatory cheers. “For Xin!”

“For Xin!”

We are all talking and laughing while waiting for Xin's first stage.  Raze sharing his story about the girl he met last night and the girl’s conditions before making love. Hyo with her parents that already pushing her to get married. And us, with our hang outs and future travel plans.

“So, you’re going to spend another holidays with Jin’s family?” Hyo asks but when I am about to answer, Jin butts in.

“Well, my sisters are her friends too. They already asked me since September if Haniel is going to California or with us.”

“Your sisters like her.” Hyo gives me a look as if I am going to be happy with that. Well, I don’t feel anything. I already know that and it is normal especially if I already sang ‘Santa Baby’ i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter