Chapter 2

A Devil's Love

 

She felt like losing herself trying to help someone who didn't care about losing her.

Krystal got back home safely after all the ruckus with Kai. It wasn't all that new for her but she couldn't help but get hurt each day. Kai always treated her terribly and even though she tried her best not to, Krystal always felt awful but no, this was not usual. As Kai's words fell on her skin and absorbed them, question ran through her vessel, reached her heart and searched every nook and corner to brain and asked every cell which was alive. Apperently she was too calm to be bothered by his question, she was nothing but only aware about the havoc that was ragging just beneathe her skin. Krystal's happiness had became a distant memory, a memory which is visited when you go through the photos of your childhood, and miss that smile.  Supressed by the feeling of  agony, crying of help in the darkness. Fear had kept her away, away from the things she loved, away from the people she craved for.

Today was no different but today what amused Krystal was the kiss. She subconsciously touched her lips thinking about the sudden kiss with Kai in the rain. She wondered, maybe today was a little different?

Krystal shook her head and tried to dismiss the thoughts. There was no way the devil would suddenly change she thought but still somewhere hidden at the bottom of her heart she had a little hope. As much as she didn't want to think about it, her mind flew to the unconscious body of Kai lying dead in the rain. She was only the one who had thought it served him right and left him there but she couldn't help feeling bad. Krystal seemed cold from outside but her heart was just as soft. As each minute passed, guilt got the best of her and even though she thought she'd rather go to hell than helping him, she found herself out of her flat's door with an umbrella in her hand. Of course it was Krystal who dragged herself out. As much as she just wanted to go back in, she walked cause now there was no looking back. What done was done.

Alone at that terrifying rainy night, Krystal used up all her courage and walked to that place where Kai had fainted. Just as expected, he was lying right there, exactly as she had left him. Towering with an umbrella in her hand, Krystal looked at the unconscious figure below her - rain drenched his clothes, wet bangs covered his forehead and water dripped from his hair. Though he was covered with wounds, his tanned face glistened under the glowing moonlight. His eyes that were always filled with rage and hatred looked so soothing that moment when closed. Krystal just stared at the figure in awe. And slowly, unconsciously her eyes landed on his bruised lips. Not quite sure what to do, she kneeled down and reached for his bruised lips, "Why do you always do this?" she sighed to the person lying down helplessly.

Now all she could do was take him home at that moment. And she did with much difficulty. Krystal always ended up helping him but all she got on return was nothing but endless hatred. Lying him on her bed, she applied antiseptic and band aid carefully on his wounded parts and walked to the kitchen to prepare some porridge, leaving the injured boy fast asleep.

Suddenly with the deafening sound of the thunder and the howling of the wind, the curtains moved and the flower vase placed right near the bed fell down and broke into pieces. Due to the scattering sound of the broken pieces, Kai's eyes shot wide open. He looked around and a sense of familiarity engulfed him.

As on cue, Krystal slowly walked inside the room with the bowl of porridge. Just the sight of her made Kai shove away the blanket covering his body and he stood up, grabbed his jacket and walked towards the door without a word. As they came across side by side to eachother, Krystal grabbed his arms, "Eat before you leave." she coldly retorted.

Kai yanked away his hands harshly from her grip making the girl flinch, "Helping you was just a waste of time."
He smirked, "I never told you to help me, it was you yourself who chose to help me. Beside I am not grateful at all, infact I feel bad being helped by someone as filthy and sinful as you." His words shot daggers right on her heart but he just continued unmindful of her feelings, "I would have rather shivered in the cold rain than to be helped by you. But anyways happens."

Stabbing her with all these cruel words, Kai turned around and just left, closing the door with a hard slam. Just as she had thought, he regretted her decision, regretted helping him and regretted treating him like a human. Cause he was a devil afterall.

How she wished to spin the time and stop her steps. Hatred and regret took a form of tears and rolled down her cheeks endlessly. She felt like losing herself trying to help someone who didn't care about losing her.

It was already midnight but sleeping wasn't something she liked because even in her dreams he came as her darkest nightmare.

After the heavy and dark rainy night, the next morning was a pleasant and sunny one. The rays of sunlight entered through the windows and fell right on Krystal's face causing her to wake up from her sleep. Krystal sighed. Whatever happened, no she couldn't deny school at all. Though her highschool was not royal and prestigious, not filled with rich kids but gangsters, at least she could learn and get some knowledge. So dressing up and eating her breakfast, Krystal made her way to school.

She reached just five minutes earlier but most of the desks were all empty. No one cared about school and gave damn about studies. It was all about gangs, fights and bullying- nothing more than that. She just sighed and went to her desk at the very last corner in silence. There was all sorts of stupid things and curses written all over her desk. Souless.Wallflower..Weak. and the last one read Kai's toy. Krystal was not least amused. This always happened once every week. All she felt was hurt. Hurt, broken, useless, souless- whatever you say. Cause all the words written just reflected the truth, the bitter truth.
Yes. She was Kai's toy, a freaking puppet who was always used and played by Kai and he always made her obey without a single complain. Kai hated her to his guts and couldn't bear to see her make friends and be happy. So he had promised to make her life a miserable hell, just like his.


Subscribe-comment-upvote.