BACK

Are You Mine 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeah, The Wonder Girls' comeback was finally going to be real. The one my girls and I had been prepping  for 2 years was set for August 2015. And the practice I had been putting myself through before the comeback was drumming. It was a pretty useful practice in venting away the occasional pain of my broken heart as well. After ending the relationship with Sungbin, we still remained good friends. Well, we did not meet as often as we used to but remained mutually supportive friends. He seemed to have progressed well with that foreign model as much as it was a long distance relationship. It kinda saddened me to know that he would rather have a long distance relationship than be with someone geographically closer, like me. Jinwoon actually told me he felt Sungbin was likely more intimidated in dating someone popular like Yubin the wonder girl than dating a foreign model who was far away, less famous than him and therefore less intimidating. Whatever that meant to guys. I frowned at Jinwoon, not catching  what he meant and he whispered to me this.

"Noona, some guys do feel intimidated by women who are too capable. Look at all those Hollywood actresses who after winning an oscar, their less famous husbands started divorcing them!"

ok, I got what he meant. He could be right in a way but these observations coming from Jinwoon was surprising for me. I thought he liked capable, talented women. And I was not blind to his never-ending growing admiration to Yeeun. I sometimes wondered if it was just an infatuation he had on her and that it could possibly turn into something more since he and Yen had been too close for comfort sometimes. Which brought my attention to his contradicting observation now and why he was whispering because Yeeun was in her room a few feet away.

"Are you that kinda guy too? The easily intimidated kind?" I asked him. Cause you know, Park Yeeun sure was one intimidating kind of woman. The talented and smart Ms Perfect whose ex-boyfriends could not handle her in the end.

He grinned, knowing I was probably indirectly teasng his status with Yen. "I'm no Beenzino, noona. I'm not a model magnet. Hahaha!"

"You are not answering my question, Jung Jinwoon!" I slapped his arm.

"Noona, I'm just saying I don't have that kinda luck with models so I rather waste my time with people of high quality." he winked and then quickly left the wonder dorm, saying he had a date to run to.

I then I headed to Yeeun's room where she was busy composing as usual.

"Hey, Jinwoon left." I told Yen.

She just nodded and continued writing. So, I tried harder.

"He said he has a date." I added, hoping for a more responsive reaction.

This time, she looked up at me, and paused for a moment's thought.

 "Oh yeah, he's meeting Steve." she finally said.

Damn it, this was no fun. They were always like that! Friends who knew too much of each other that they tried not to jump into any deeper relationship so as not to lose that nice cozy friendship? I tried to convince Yen a few times it was alright to date her younger labelmate. But she never forgot to rebuke me with this.

"And end up like you and Taec?" she would say. "That go-in-circles-till-nowhere relationship? No thanks."  

That was not fair. Though I admitted I always would have a soft spot for that ex of mine before Sungbin but most times and recently, I had only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter