The Smile

My Type
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator's POV

“Kim Yoojung-sshi, would you like to join us for this class?” The teacher said as an attempt to wake up the sleeping Yoojung.

She woke up from the dream and as she slowly opened her eyes, she was greeted by the view of Jiwon on the desk beside her, and as if in a daze, she whispered, “mianhe”, not quite sure if she meant it for Jiwon or the teacher.

“Glad you can finally join us, sleepy-head.” Jiwon said while still facing front.

“Just because you’re number 2 of your batch doesn’t mean you can just doze off in class, that’s impolite considering it’s already becoming a common occurrence. Tsk. Tell you what, since you like sleeping in class so much, why don’t I give you the liberty to sleep more… in detention… later” She was panicking internally, she immediately thought of three things. First, this was her first detention ever! How the mighty have fallen, she thought to herself. Second, Jiwon had practice later and she won't be there to cheer for him, not that it mattered to him of course. And third, well, at least she’s not working today, or else she’ll be late for sure.

After class, she made sure to tell Suhyun to update her on the practice, and like the good best friend that she is, Suhyun obliged. The walk to the detention room felt heavy--- while everyone went on their happy separate ways either to go home or to the gym to watch the guys practice, she was here, sad and alone on her way to detention. When she finally reached the room, she slowly opened it, greeted the teacher and took in the different personalities that were present. Chills went up her spine when she saw a pair of playful eyes staring intently at her, smirking as if mocking her presence in this room… Kim Hanbin.

For some reason, his presence always scared her, the school’s resident troublemaker. He has never done anything to harm her… yet. But rumor has it he has already killed 3 people in his lifetime and sent more than 15 people to the hospital for critical care. Just thinking about it gave her the creeps.  She surrendered her mobile phone to the teacher in front, before choosing a seat as far from Hanbin as possible. She quickly took out her spare phone from her pocket and hid it under the desk as she texted Suhyun about live updates from the practice game. It wasn’t long before a whisper interrupted her alone time with her phone. “What’s that? A spare?” It was Hanbin, peeking over her desk, how did he get this close? She froze, partly because this man’s presence scared the gut out of her and partly because getting caught with a spare phone would warrant another detention, and she couldn’t have that. “If you don’t answer me, I’ll have to ask teacher what that is and I’m sure he knows.” He said after not getting a reply.  She decided it was better to keep her reputation than keep her life and answered back, “Don’t you have other businesses to attend to? Like drugs or something?”  She didn’t know where she got the courage to answer back, but Yoojung mentally hit herself on the head after letting those words out. Hanbin chuckled a bit before replying. “Feisty, don't you know my reputation?”

Yoojung acted brave and answered back… again. “I do, you’re a troublemaker and your grades are bad.”

“Hah, you’re funny. And that’s partly true, but I wasn’t referring to that.” He said raising one brow knowingly. She was about to give him another piece of her mind when she received a text from Suhyun.

“Suhyunnie: Yoojungie! SOS. Jiwon. In. trouble. Fight in the gym!!”

“What’s wrong? Prince charming in danger and he needs his knight in shining

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter