The Fan

My Type
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a basketball game between YG High and Starship High...

"And the time is almost over, the crowd is on its feet! The defense is pretty tight, but Kim Jiwon manages to pass through it, can our home team beat the odds? Time is ticking! 5... 4... 3... 2... Kim Jiwon shoots aaaaand Kim Jiwon scores! A dagger shot from the home team to clinch their win at 58-57. And look at the crowd go wild! We are going to the quarter finals, everyone!!!" The school announcer shouts proudly making the crowd go wilder.

And from the sea of audience a distinct voice rose above them all...

"As expected from my Kim Jiwon!!! Yahh! Kim Jiwon, jjang~~!" Yoojung was screaming at the top of her lungs from the front row seats where she always sat. It has been a habit of hers, wacthing Jiwon's games from this spot, for the past year, never missing a game. She stood from where she was sitting, raised her thumb and pointed it at Jiwon's direction, never mind that no one was actually paying attention except for her best friend, Lee Suhyun. 

"Yah, Kim Yoojung! You're embarrassing yourself AND you're embarrassing me, sit down!"

"Yah, Lee Suhyun! I'm only cheering for Jiwon because he shot the game winning shot! Don't you think he deserves that much credit? This is my normal self paying normal respect to the player who shot the game winning shot! You try scoring the winning shot and I'll cheer this loud for you too!" Lee Suhyun knew that wasn't true, but there was no stopping this fangirl from cheering for her favorite player on the court. After the game, Suhyun went on her way, and gladly so, while Yoojung waited outside for Jiwon. He always left early, one of the things she admired about him. He had a strong sense of responsibility and time management that even after an adrenaline-filled game, he would always see to it to make time for his academics.

"Annyeong, Jiwon-shi, your towel" Yoojung said as she handed him a towel to use, which he ignored. She wasn't disheartened though as this seems to be a common occurrence.

She was following him from a safe distance, enough to see his strong back, admire his features and hear him curse silently at her presence. He didn't know when it started, all he knew was that one day, this girl out of nowhere started following him around and professing her admiration for him. He had to admit that it was cute at first, then it became just tolerable and now, it was plain annoying. What was more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter