Yoonjin | a truth so loud you can't ignore

BTS One Shots
Jin and Yoongi play the pepero game.
 
pg | fluff

a/n: I had this in my WIP folder since forever, and when I found out about Yoongi's birthday, I knew I had to write something, so here it is. Happy birthday, Yoongi!
The title is from Youth by Troye Sivan.
 

 
Yoongi watches Namjoon as he fumbles with words, Jin and Taehyung helping him occasionally. He is glad that he isn't the leader of the group. He would have made a fool of himself because he can’t speak Japanese for . None of them can really, except maybe Tae and Jin, but Namjoon can roll with it, he can smile and show his dimples and laugh at his own mistakes — he learnt that from Jin, which works like a charm on the fans. Yoongi would just get more awkward and awkward until he ruins everything.
 
MC announces something and the crowd goes wild. Yoongi watches as Tae hides his mouth behind his hand, suppressing a grin, and Namjoon’s eyes widen slightly, travelling from Yoongi to Jin. Yoongi raises his eyebrows questioningly; the man is speaking too quickly, and he can barely understand him anyway, so he has no idea what he just said.
 
The translator comes and stands next to him, whispering into his ear. Yoongi makes sure to keep a straight face in front of the camera, cursing inwardly.
 
Pepero game. Of course, this is going to be the new challenge.
 
Just then his eyes connect with Jin’s, who is staring at him intently. Yoongi swallows.
 
The MC decides then to announce that they will be right back. The crowd cheers and claps. Yoongi closes his eyes and turns his back to the fans.
 
Namjoon puts his hand on his arm. “Hey, you okay?”
 
“I am fantastic,” he mumbles.
 
“I can’t believe they didn’t pick me,” Hoseok whines as he walks towards where he and Namjoon are standing. “Instead of Mr. Grumpy Cat over here who looks like someone with a death sentence.”
 
Yoongi rolls his eyes. "Then, why don't you volunteer to take over?"
 
"Can't. ARMY wants you and Jin, hyung." He grins. "We can't deny them that."
 
If Yoongi wasn’t in front of so many people and cameras, he would smack him on the head. Instead, he darts a glance at Jin, who is standing with his eyes closed as a girl quickly fixes his make-up. Tae, Jimin, and Jeongguk are standing in the corner, arguing furiously.
 
“It is going to be okay,” Namjoon reassures. “You know Jin-hyung. He won’t make a big deal out of it.”
 
Yoongi nods. God, he is being ridiculous. It is just a game. A game almost every k-pop group out there played it before. It is supposed to be funny, but that doesn't stop his stomach from tying itself into knots.
 
The break ends too soon, and all of them quickly stand in line again. The MC comes back, smiles for the camera and announces that the game is going to begin.
 
"May the odds be ever in your favour," Namjoon says in his ear. Yoongi shoots him a glare, familiar with the reference after Namjoon kept him up one day, talking too fast about so many things that Yoongi didn’t even understand.
 
Jin stands in front of him, smiling reassuringly and Yoongi finds himself smiling back. It is going to be okay. He doesn’t have to make a big deal out of it. He is just going to get as close as possible and then cut the pocky just before he touches Jin's lips.
 
One of the girls gives a pocky to Jin, who walks until he is a step away from Yoongi. He manages an embarrassed grin before taking one end lightly between his teeth. Yoongi freezes, thinking that you know what, this isn't such a good idea after all.
 
But it is too late. Jin puts his hand lightly on the back of Yoongi's head, drawing him closer. Yoongi takes the other end in his mouth, trying to look anywhere but Jin's eyes, but it is harder than it looks since they are less than an inch apart. The roar of the crowd is almost deafening and Jin's flush deepens as the crowd gets more excited.
 
At the MC's mark, Yoongi bites down and takes the first nibble, chewing quickly before catching the end between his lips again. Jin follows his lead, taking a small bite from the other end. His lips close around the tip, plush and soft and Yoongi loses his breath for a moment, almost forgetting himself before taking another bite.
 
Their faces move closer together. The rush of his blood pounding in Yoongi's ears almost drowns out the screaming fans when their noses brush lightly. He takes another bite and lets his eyes flutter shut.
 
Jin's lips are soft against his, just as he always thought they would be. Without thinking, he presses back against them, enjoying the feeling of them against his.
 
He opens his eyes and reality dawns on him like a cold bucket of water. He takes a step back, feeling his face burning all the way down to his neck.
 
The MC grins and says something but Yoongi can't hear him against his heartbeat thundering in his ears. Jin’s ears are flaming red and he isn’t looking at him.
 
Someone puts his hand on Yoongi's shoulder, squeezing lightly before tugging him back in line with the other members. Yoongi stands next to Jin, darting glances towards him every couple of seconds, but Jin is looking resolutely towards the MC.
 
The MC announces another break and the crowd groans.
 
Yoongi waits until he is sure that the cameras aren’t working, before putting his hand on Jin’s shoulder. “Hyung, I’m sorry. I-”
 
“It is okay, Yoongi,” Jin interrupts quickly. “It is fine, really.” For a moment, his eyes dart down to Yoongi’s lips before they snap back up. Jin's cheeks get redder, if that is even possible.
 
Yoongi grins. Jin looks at him and laughs, embarrassed, his eyes curving into crescents and Yoongi has to fight the urge to grab Jin and kiss him again in front of everyone.
 
But then again, everyone has already seen the kiss anyway, so it wouldn’t really matter if he did, would it?
 
The sound of someone announcing that the break is going to be over in ten seconds pulls him out of his thoughts, and Jin turns around again before he plucks up his courage. But it is okay because Yoongi is going to have plenty of other chances.
 
From the corner of his eye, Yoongi can see Taehyung sighing and putting something in Jimin's hands, who is grinning. Jeongguk looks like he has just seen his parents kiss for the first time, and is torn between smiling and acting like he is going to throw up.
 
The host declares the new contestants and Jimin's previous grin vanishes. Jeongguk swallows, his eyes wide. And Taehyung can’t stop laughing.