Chit-Chat

Catch Me When I Fall

Taeyeon couldn't sleep. She had arrived home one hour ago after the date with Tiffany. She had brushed her teeth, changed into her pajamas and was already on her bed, but her mind kept thinking about what happened earlier. They had a supposedly friendly date. Tiffany had a boyfriend. The supposedly friendly date turned into somehow a romantic date. She had the courage to cup Tiffany’s cheek. They fed each other. They took selfies. They walked with their hands intertwined. Tiffany laid her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder. They hugged. Tiffany kissed her on the cheek. Everything happened so naturally and now Taeyeon was convincing herself that there was nothing between them.

Taeyeon looked at the clock on her nightstand. It was one o’clock in the morning. She picked her phone up from the stand and opened LINE messenger, deciding to send a message to Tiffany.

 

Taetae: Fany.

 

She waited for a while but Tiffany didn't reply. When she was about to put her phone back on the nightstand, her phone beeped, signing an incoming message.

 

Fany: Taetae.

 

Reading Tiffany’s reply made her happy already. She replied back right away.

 

Taetae: Tiffany.

Fany: Taeyeon.

Taetae: Tiffany Hwang.

Fany: Kim Taeyeon.

Taetae: Miyoung.

Fany: Shut up, Tae!

Taetae: >.< uh, scary Miyoung! Not sleeping yet?

Fany: I can’t.

Taetae: Why? It’s past midnight already.

Fany: Dunno. What about you?

Taetae: I don’t know either.

Fany: Dork!

Taetae: Dumb!

Fany: I’m not!

Taetae: I am!

Fany: Hahahaha! My dork <3

Taetae: I am >.<

 

Taeyeon blushed at her own reply. Yes, she did not mind at all when Tiffany claimed her as 'her dork'. In fact, she wished to be the one and only dork for Tiffany.

 

Fany: I wish my boss was as cute as you.

Taetae: So, your boss is not cute?

Fany: She’s scary.

Taetae: But I heard she’s a dork.

Fany: Sometimes she can be handsome too!

Taetae: Yes, I’ve heard :p

Fany: Then that’s not my boss.

Taetae: Uh?

Fany: That’s my Taetae >.<

Taetae: Silly Hwang.

Fany: Your silly Hwang.

Taetae: Noo. Silly Hwang is not mine.

Fany: Meanie.

Taetae: Mine is Fany >.<

 

Taeyeon sighed as she typed the reply. She wondered when Tiffany will be hers.

 

Fany: Hahaha. Tae you’re even cuter in chat!

Taetae: Really?

Fany: Yes! Maybe you should try to arrange a meeting via chat so you won’t be scary and intimidating.

Taetae: Worth trying…

Fany: Really??? o_O

Taetae: Not in a lifetime, Fany! Hahahaha.

Fany: Aish. -_-

Taetae: Sleep Tiffany! –This is Kim Taeyeon

Fany: Shut up Kim Taeyeon! I’m not afraid of you!

Taetae: Fany, this is Taetae… Kim Taeyeon hijacked my phone. She’s cruel T_T

Fany: Dork! Dork! Dork!

Taetae: Hahaha

Fany: What are you going to do tomorrow, Tae?

Taetae: Today or tomorrow? Saturday or Sunday?

Fany: Oh, it’s one o’clock already. Today then. Saturday.

Taetae: Nothing.

Fany: And on Sunday?

Taetae: Nothing.

Fany: Boriiiing… -_-

Taetae: I am T_T

Fany: How about we have a sleepover at my place?

 

Taeyeon mentally screamed in excitement. Tiffany asked her over for a sleepover! They could be closer than ever before. But then she remembered that Tiffany already had a boyfriend and Tiffany supposedly spent her time with her boyfriend.

 

Taetae: No, I don’t want to be a third wheel.

Fany: Huh? o_O

Taetae: Your boyfriend must be visiting you, right?

Fany: Oh. I don’t know…

 

Taeyeon found it weird with how Tiffany reacted every time she talked about her boyfriend. Seemed like Tiffany didn't want to talk about her boyfriend.

 

Taetae: Why? Did you guys have a fight?

Fany: No.

Taetae: Then why?

Fany: Why do you keep asking me about my boyfriend?

Taetae: Am I not allowed to?

Fany: Hmmmm…

 

Taeyeon frowned at Tiffany’s answer. Tiffany told her that friends are suppose to share. But Tiffany herself did not want to share her problems with Taeyeon. After fidgeting for a moment, Taeyeon finally decided to brush off the topic.

 

Taetae: Fany.

Fany: Taetae.

Taetae: Tiffany.

Fany: Stop repeating the chat all over again, Tae!

Taetae: Hahaha.

Fany: Tae, I’m sleepy now.

Taetae: Okay, just go to sleep.

Fany: You’re not going to sleep now?

Taetae: Maybe, feel a little sleepy now.

Fany: Okay. If you want to have a sleepover, let me know, OK?

Taetae: OK! Now sleep!

Fany: Okay Taetae… Sweet dreams…

Taetae: I will have a sweet dream for sure.

Fany: Then you must be planning to dream of me :)

Taetae: Sleep, Fany!

Fany: Okay, okay! Hahahaha. See you, dork!

Taetae: See you.

 

Taeyeon closed the app with a smile on her face. She knew it was wrong to have feelings especially towards a girl, and in addition, the girl was already taken. But, she could not help it. She did not choose to have such deep feelings towards Tiffany, it just came naturally. She opened her chat with Tiffany again to read it all over again until she finally drifted off to sleep.

 

****

 

Tiffany rolled around on her bed. She had tried to sleep right after Taeyeon walked her home. Yet, she couldn't stop thinking about her boss' actions during the date, and how she felt at every chance of skinship they had. She felt her cheeks become warm and her heart beating faster every time she remembered how Taeyeon cupped her cheek, put her chin on her shoulder, how she felt Taeyeon’s fingers interlock with hers, how she felt so comfortable when she laid her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder at the part, and how she wanted to time to stop as she planted a kiss on her boss’ cheek before they bid farewell. Tiffany rolled in bed again to get find a more comfortable position, when suddenly she heard her phone beeping. Yet she ignored it. She closed her eyes and started to count a bunch of imaginary sheep, jumping off fences to drift her to sleep. She counted until thirty and gave up. She was not sleepy at all. She finally decided to grab her phone from under her pillow and check the notifications. She immediately unlocked her phone when she read Taeyeon’s name on the notification.

 

Taetae: Fany.

 

Just being called a simple nickname by Taeyeon made Tiffany smile right away. She quickly texted a reply back.

 

Fany: Taetae.

 

A reply soon came after.

 

Taetae: Tiffany.

Fany: Taeyeon.

Taetae: Tiffany Hwang.

Fany: Kim Taeyeon.

Taetae: Miyoung.

Fany: Shut up, Tae!

 

Tiffany laughed. Somehow she found the chat hilarious.

 

Taetae: >.< uh, scary Miyoung! Not sleeping yet?

Fany: I can’t.

Taetae: Why? It’s past midnight already.

Fany: Dunno. What about you?

Taetae: I don’t know either.

Fany: Dork!

Taetae: Dumb!

Fany: I’m not!

Taetae: I am!

 

Tiffany laughed again at how Taeyeon could easily admit that she was a dork.

 

Fany: Hahahaha! My dork <3

Taetae: I am >.<

 

Tiffany’s cheeks reddened as she read the reply. She shook her head to straighten her mind. She meant to call Taeyeon ‘my dork’ or ‘my taetae’ in a friendship way, and now she got blushed because Taeyeon said she was her dork.

 

Fany: I wish my boss were as cute as you.

Taetae: So, your boss is not cute?

Fany: She’s scary.

Taetae: But I heard she’s a dork.

Fany: Have you heard that she can be so handsome as well?

Taetae: Yes, I’ve heard of that :p

Fany: Then that’s not my boss.

Taetae: Uh?

Fany: That’s my Taetae >.<

Taetae: Silly Hwang.

Fany: Your silly Hwang.

Taetae: Noo. Silly Hwang is not mine.

 

Tiffany’s lips frowned after reading Taeyeon’s reply. She wished Taeyeon would simply reply “My silly Hwang” or something like that instead of writing that silly Hwang was not hers.

 

Fany: Meanie.

Taetae: Mine is Fany >.<

 

Her frown soon turned upside down.

 

Fany: Hahaha. Tae you’re even cuter in chat!

Taetae: Really?

Fany: Yes! Maybe you should try to arrange a meeting via chat so you won’t be scary and intimidating.

Taetae: Worth trying…

Fany: Really??? o_O

Taetae: Not in a lifetime, Fany! Hahahaha.

Fany: Aish. -_-

Taetae: Sleep Tiffany! –This is Kim Taeyeon

Fany: Shut up Kim Taeyeon! I’m not afraid of you!

Taetae: Fany, this is Taetae… Kim Taeyeon hijacked my phone. She’s cruel T_T

 

Laughter escaped from Tiffany’s lips reading how Taeyeon whined about Kim Taeyeon. Sometimes, she hardly believed that her Taetae and Kim Taeyeon were actually the same person.

 

Fany: Dork! Dork! Dork!

Taetae: Hahaha

Fany: What are you going to do tomorrow, Tae?

Taetae: Today or tomorrow? Saturday or Sunday?

Fany: Oh, it’s one o’clock already. Today then. Saturday.

Taetae: Nothing.

Fany: And on Sunday?

Taetae: Nothing.

Fany: Boriiiing… -_-

Taetae: I am T_T

Fany: How about we have a sleepover at my place?

Taetae: No, I don’t want to be a third wheel.

Fany: Huh? o_O

Taetae: Your boyfriend must be visiting you, right?

 

Tiffany let out a sigh. Again, she was confused with herself. She was not supposed to be like this. Nick was a good boyfriend, but somehow she did not want Nick to visit her right now. She just wanted to spend more time with Taeyeon. Tiffany noticed that every time she was with Taeyeon, she would ignore Nick’s chats, messages, or calls. She would call him back after she bid goodbye tp Taeyeon. She didn't even make any appointments with nick for this weekend because all she could think about was spending her weekend with Taeyeon. Tiffany questioned herself, why was it all about Taeyeon recently?

 

Fany: Oh. I don’t know…

Taetae: Why? Did you guys have a fight?

Fany: No.

Taetae: Then why?

Fany: Why do you keep asking me about my boyfriend?

Taetae: Am I not allowed to?

 

She typed: “No, you’re not allowed to.” But then deleted it and typed: “Of course you’re allowed. You’re my friend after all.” She deleted it again. She just didn't want Taeyeon to know more about her relationship. She wished Taeyeon didn't know about her and Nick.

 

Fany: Hmmmm…

Taetae: Fany.

Fany: Taetae.

Taetae: Tiffany.

Fany: Stop repeating the chat all over again, Tae!

Taetae: Hahaha.

Fany: Tae, I’m sleepy now.

Taetae: Okay, just go to sleep.

Fany: You’re not going to sleep now?

Taetae: Maybe, feel a bit sleepy now.

Fany: Okay. If you want to have a sleepover, let me know, OK?

Taetae: OK! Now sleep!

Fany: Okay Taetae… Sweet dreams…

Taetae: I will have a sweet dream for sure.

Fany: Then you must be planning to dream of me :)

Taetae: Sleep, Fany!

Fany: Okay, okay! Hahahaha. See you, dork!

Taetae: See you.

 

Tiffany closed the app and placed her phone back under the pillow. She smiled and started to drift off to sleep while wondering whether Taeyeon would agree to the sleepover, so they could spend more time together.

 



 

 

That's all for today's update, guys!
Merry Christmas for everyone of you >.< Have a great Christmas!!!
I hope you guys like my present :)

TY so much,
Sara


 

Anywaaay, I read some comments regarding to the sleepover, what about making a poll about that? LOL


 

E/N: Hi guys! I'm the editor of this story and I know it took awhile but I really hope you enjoy it! Kim SaRa and I, have put a lot of hard work into this fanfic.

Thanks alot!

Coolzab123