The Counsellor Friends

Catch Me When I Fall

Taeyeon opened the door to Jessica’s office, immediately gaining the attention of both girls in the room. She gave them a friendly smile, showing her cute dimple on her chin.

 

“Hi girls! Lunchtime!” She announced.

 

Jessica looked at her boss questionably. She still couldn't believe that her boss had a cute and dorky side. Tiffany on the other hand, chuckled at Taeyeon’s actions. She was used to these hidden sides of her boss.

 

“Why are you so excited, Taetae?” Tiffany asked as she hibernated her laptop and took out her phone and purse from her handbag.

 

“I promised to treat you girls to lunch today as a way of apologising for last Friday. You don’t remember?” Taeyeon had her childish grin still plastered on her face. She didn't move from the door.

 

“Taeyeon, can I be honest?” Jessica suddenly asked as she walked to Taeyeon.

 

“Shoot!” Taeyeon replied casually.

 

“I am not used to this cheerful side of you. Are you even real? Who are you?” Jessica reached Taeyeon and carefully examined her boss' face as if the girl standing in front of her was an imposter. Taeyeon stepped back a bit, creating a distance between her and Jessica and looked at Tiffany with pleading eye for help. Tiffany giggled, witnessing how hopeless Taeyeon looked, she walked to her right away.

 

“Don’t be silly, Jess. You know she is not Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany said as she stood in the middle of Jessica and Taeyeon, making sure they were not too close. Somehow she felt a bit jealous looking at the distance between Jessica and Taeyeon.

 

“Whaaaat?” Taeyeon protested at Tiffany’s remark.

 

“Ah, I knew it! Taeyeon’s imposter!” Jessica rolled her eyes at Taeyeon.

 

“Hey? What is actually happening here?” Taeyeon was really confused.

 

Tiffany could no longer hold her laugh back and held Taeyeon’s hand while nudging Jessica, “Let me introduce you to my Taetae, Jess.” Tiffany smiled wide, making Taeyeon blush. Taeyeon quietly wondered after all the physical contacts they had, How could Tiffany still make her heart flutter just by calling her ‘Taetae’

 

“Ah, what a bummer. It would be more exciting if she was really Taeyeon’s imposter.” Jessica responded coolly as she walked out the room.

 

“You really should stop reading those detective novels, Jess.” Tiffany laughed while catching up to Jessica, dragging Taeyeon with her.

 

“Where are we going to eat, Taeyeon?” Jessica ignored Tiffany.

 

“Up to you. Any place in mind?” Taeyeon was back to her cool self.

 

“What about that Indonesian restaurant on 8th tower? I crave for their ketoprak.” Jessica requested.

 

“Fine by me. You, Fany?” Taeyeon asked the eye smiling girl.

 

“Fine by me too, Tae.” Tiffany replied nonchalantly while holding Taeyeon’s hands and intertwining the latter's fingers with her own. The contact between them felt different for Tiffany. Maybe because she was no longer taken, or maybe because she was no longer denying the feelings she had for her boss.

 

“Do you want to ask Yuri to join, Jess?” Taeyeon offered before they pushed the elevator button to go down.

 

Jessica thought for a while. “No, she did not get scolded. So, no need to invite her.” She answered and pushed the button.

 

Tiffany kept clinging onto Taeyeon while the three girls waited for the elevator. She kept holding gripping Taeyeon’s hand as if not wanting to let the blonde go. Taeyeon didn't really mind Tiffany’s act since she actually enjoyed it even though she was a bit worry that it would bring suspicion.

 

“Why are you guys holding hands like that?” Jessica suddenly asked. Taeyeon almost immediately yanked Tiffany’s hand away but the latter held it even tighter.

 

“Any problem, Jess?” Tiffany asked back casually.

 

“No, it’s like witnessing two elementary school kids. You know, kids always hold hands whenever they go. How old are you again?” Jessica answered.

 

“Look at Taetae’s face, if you’re not her subordinate, I bet you'll guess her age wrong.”

 

Jessica sighed. “How could my cool boss befriend a girl like you, Tiff?” She rolled her eyes making Tiffany giggle, mentally praising herself for being able to handle the situation with the Ice Princess.

 

The elevator dinged and swiped open, they stepped onto it and pressed the button that would take them to the ground floor. Jessica unlocked her phone and started playing with it, not minding the other two girls. After making sure that Jessica wasn't paying any attention to them, Taeyeon turned her head to Tiffany and nudged the latter. Tiffany immediately looked at her boss with a questioning look.

 

“What?” She silently mouthed.

 

“Your hand.” Taeyeon mouthed without letting any sound slip from .

 

Tiffany sticked her tongue out in response and looked away, still not releasing Taeyeon's hand. Taeyeon silently sighed at Tiffany’s response. She told herself that it was okay, people would just think that it's a friendly act between friends. She was just overthinking but she suddenly realized that they were actually friends. They had not stepped up to be more than friends.

 

The elevator finally reached the ground floor and all three girls made their way to the 8th tower. The Indonesian restaurant was not too crowded compared to the coffee shop on the 3rd tower, where Tiffany and Taeyeon usually had their breakfast. Most likely it was because of the overpriced meals. Taeyeon picked a table near the window, it was a secluded spot. Tiffany sat beside Taeyeon while Jessica sat across from them. A waiter came and placed the menu books on the table and stood next to their table, waiting for them to order.

 

“I will have ketoprak with no cucumbers and a ice tea.” Jessica ordered first.

 

“Mine would be a oxtail soup with a orange juice on the side.” Tiffany continued after Jessica.

 

Taeyeon was  still reading through the menu book whne it was her turn to order. She always had a hard time choosing when she was at a unfamiliar restaurant since she always had her lunch at the same place with the same menu almost all the time. Tiffany noticed and peeked over the menu in Taeyeon’s hand, minimizing the distance between them.

 

“You always find it hard to choose your meal, huh?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

 

“That’s why I always go to the same place to order from the same menu everyday, Fany.” Taeyeon pouted while flipping another page of the menu book.

 

“She will have soto ayam and  a ice tea.” Tiffany suddenly made an order for Taeyeon.

 

“What? Hey? Well, okay then. Soto ayam and ice tea.” Taeyeon agreed since she really had no idea what to eat.

 

The waiter noted down their orders, took the menu books and left.

 

“Don’t you realize how English can change the price of food?” Jessica suddenly asked a question.

 

“Agreed.” Taeyeon chuckled while Tiffany gave both girls a questionable look.

 

“If we go to a food stall which has their Indonesian food menu written in Bahasa Indonesia, the price would range between 2,000 rupiah to 30,000 rupiah.” Jessica explained.

 

“Yet, if you go to this kind of restaurant, which have their menu written in English, the price would range between 10,000 rupiah to 80,000 rupiah.” Taeyeon continued.

 

“A plate of gado-gado near my house is only 8,000 rupiah. But here, the title is changed to ‘Indonesian salad’ and boom! It is 35,000 rupiah!” Jessica said.

 

“Ah, that’s what you guys mean. If I think about it yes, the oxtail soup I ordered is 70,000 rupiah. Yet, if I buy sop buntut in a food stall, it is only 25,000. And both oxtail soup and sop buntut are exactly the same food.” Tiffany giggled.

 

“But, for the oxtail soup, I won’t complain since this place always gives a huge portion of oxtail in their soup.” Jessica replied.

 

“And why are we talking about this?” Taeyeon suddenly noticed how weird their conversation was.

 

“Because we’re not talking about work during lunch, Taeyeon.” Jessica answered casually.

 

“She’s not always talking about work, Jess. She acts like a kid out of the office. Trust me.” Tiffany glanced at Taeyeon who definitely disagreed with the former's statement.

 

“Oh, right! I still remember your instagram post with dorky Taetae and handsome Taetae.” Jessica said as she unlocked her phone, opening her instagram app, browsing for a while and showing Tiffany’s instagram post last Friday to the girls across her, “This one.”

 

Taeyeon blushed but she looked down and noticed the comments under the picture.

 

“You really are the Kim Taeyeon tamer?” Taeyeon read Jessica’s comment. Jessica’s face turned pale and she immediately pulled her phone and closed the app, making Tiffany laugh.

 

“What are you guys talking about on instagram?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Nothing, Taeyeon.” Jessica tried to be calm as her boss read her comment.

 

Taeyeon gave Jessica an interrogating look but Jessica didn't care too much and started a conversation with Tiffany. Taeyeon was curious, so she took her phone out and browsed through instagram. She found a notification, signing that Tiffany had mentioned her in a comment and it was a reply to other comments in the picture Jessica showed earlier. She read the comments and subconsciously let out her old lady-like laugh making Jessica turn her head.

 

“Oh my God, Taeyeon. Did you just laugh?” Jessica was startled.

 

Tiffany laughed at the sight in front of her. Jessica’s shocked face was priceless. She assumed that it was the first time Taeyeon let out her old lady-like laugh in front of Jessica.

 

“Her laugh is horrible, right?” Tiffany tried to stop her own laughter.

 

Taeyeon stopped laughing right away, noticing she was laughing out loud. She blushed after looking at Jessica’s reaction. She was too shy to let her subordinate know this side of her.

 

“What made you laugh, Tae?” Tiffany asked after she finally stopped laughing.

 

“The instagram comments from that picture Jessica showed.” Taeyeon smiled as soon as she heard Tiffany’s voice. Jessica’s eyes widened. She forgot that Taeyeon also had a instagram account and could see the comments anytime she wanted.

 

“Ah, that comment. I… I’m sorry.” Jessica apologized.

 

Taeyeon looked up to see Jessica. “What are you apologizing for? There's nothing wrong with the comment. I just found it hilarious.” Taeyeon responded.

 

“You’re not angry?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon shook her head side-to-side and grinned while giving an OK sign with her hand.

 

“I told you that she’s not going to be angry right, Jess?” Tiffany scoffed.

 

“Shut up, Tiff.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

Their conversation was interrupted when a waiter came with their order. After placing the food on the table, he asked the girls if the orders were correct. Jessica checked her ketoprak to make sure that there was no cucumber in it. After confirmation from the girls he left. The girls began to eat their lunch while continuing their chat.

 

“Am I that scary to you guys?” Taeyeon suddenly asked, making Jessica choke. Jessica immediately sipped her ice tea and cleared .

 

“Not scary. But…” Jessica stopped her sentence, glanced at Taeyeon before continuing. Taeyeon did not show any sign of offence so she continued. “Sometimes we find you quite intimidating.”

 

“We? So, it’s not only you?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrows.

 

“Well, yeah. Everyone in the team actually.” Jessica answered. “Don’t get us wrong. As a mentor and leader you’re really great. I mean, you know how to develop our strengths and do our best but, since you have this professional and perfectionist attitude at all time, you are intimidating. Maybe it’s because we never got to know you personally.” Jessica explained.

 

Taeyeon digested the words coming out of Jessica's mouth and made a mental note to discuss it with Tiffany later. “I am sorry for that. I regard that as an input for me. Thank you, Jess.” She smiled at Jessica.

 

Jessica smiled in relief. Tiffany was right, her boss was not that scary. She was just a professional who did not show her real persona to her subordinates.

 

“Wait until you find out Taeyeon’s favorite snack, Jess.” Tiffany giggled, suddenly remembering how Taeyeon reacted when she saw gummies.

 

“Fany don’t tell anyone about that!” Taeyeon pouted like a kid, resulting in a smile from Jessica.

 

****

 

The girls: Tiffany, Jessica and Yuri were out together for dinner late at night, “So, what did you want to tell us, Tiff?” Jessica opened the conversation after they finished dessert.

 

“Uhm… I broke up.” Tiffany answered. She didn't know how to explain to her friends about her and Taeyeon. She was afraid that Taeyeon would be angry if she told the girls that their date was actually a real date. She was afraid that her two friends in front of her could not accept her uality but she needed someone to talk to. She didn't want to hurt Taeyeon’s feelings, that was why she felt the need to understand herself more before she took things further with Taeyeon.

 

“Is that all?” Jessica replied with no interest.

 

Yuri elbowed Jessica, warning the latter to show some empathy towards Tiffany. Tiffany smiled at Jessica’s reply without saying a word. She still thought about a way to tell her friends about the truth.

 

“I don’t mean to be rude but I saw it coming, honestly.” Jessica continued, as she received another nudge from Yuri.

 

“What Yul?” Jessica protested. Yuri rolled her eyes and looked at Tiffany.

 

“Don’t mind her, Tiff. The Ice Princess has a frozen heart for sure.” Yuri said with a apologetic smile.

 

“It’s okay, Yuri. How did you see it coming, Jess?” Tiffany got interested in Jessica’s remark.

 

“You didn't sound excited when you talked about your boyfriend. Somehow it seems like you are more interested in talking about Taeyeon than him. I thought that maybe you weren't really in love with you boyfriend.” Jessica explained.

 

“Now that Sica mentioned it, I also noticed that there was no pictures of you with him on your instagram.” Yuri added.

 

Tiffany sighed. “My previous company doesn’t allow their employees' to have relationships within the office, guys. That's why I never posted any pictures with him.”

 

“But you already resigned and still haven't uploaded a single picture of him.” Jessica said.

 

“That is because I started to grow feelings towards someone in this company.” Tiffany finally started letting out clues to the truth.

 

“Someone from the company? How can I not know?” Yuri exclaimed. She never saw her friend showing any signs of interest to one of the males at the company.

 

“Really? I think I'm being being obvious at this point.” Tiffany answered with a blush.

 

Jessica observed Tiffany’s face and analyzed her explanation but didn't say a word while Yuri was busy in her thoughts trying to remember if  Tiffany showed certain interest to any guy at the company. Tiffany kept silent, she did not want to give too much away and waited for the two girls to guess.

 

“Is he a manager or a staff member?” Yuri asked for more clues.

 

“A manager.” Tiffany replied shortly.

 

“Have you had a date with him?” Yuri got curious.

 

“Hmm... Dates? Yes.” Tiffany answered.

 

“Have you guys kissed?” Jessica suddenly threw a question making Yuri and Tiffany widen their eyes in shock. None of them expected such a question.

 

Tiffany blushed, “Yes.”

 

Jessica smiled secretively at Tiffany’s answer. “If you’re still uncomfortable with telling us the truth, then let me tell you something about me that maybe could make you feel better.” Jessica said.

 

“I lied to you when I said I was single.” She confessed. Tiffany was surprised at Jessica’s sudden confession.

 

“You know that here in Indonesia there are some relationships that most probably would oppose, especially a relationship with people from different ethnicities, different religions, a age cap bigger than 10 years, same relationship, et cetera. And my relationship is one of them. That is why I always tell people that I am single. I don’t want to be judged.” Jessica explained.

 

Tiffany smiled sadly as Jessica explained. Yes there were some relationships that would most likely be opposed in Indonesia. But other than same- relationship, other kind of opposed relationships were not regarded as disgusting. She thought that Jessica did not have to hide her relationship at all.

 

“You might also notice that it was actually okay to admit that you’re in one of those opposed relationships. What is so wrong about loving people with a different religion? What is so wrong about having a younger boyfriend? As long as a girl is having a relationship with a man, it’s okay and there is no need to hide it, right? But I choose to hide it.” Jessica continued.

 

“Why, Jess?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Because I’m in a relationship with Yul.” Jessica answered. Tiffany was shocked at Jessica’s sudden confession and she looked at Yuri who had a unreadable expression on her face.

 

“Tiff, we… We don’t want you to be disgusted with us. That’s why we try to keep it down-low.” Yuri finally said a word.

 

“No, no, Yuri. It’s okay. I’m totally okay with it. I was a bit shocked because you guys never show it at all.” Tiffany tried to reassure Yuri.

 

“Just don’t tell anyone about us, Tiff. Even though GG Corporation is a multinational company where most employees are open-minded and there is no such things as a rule that they can fire me and Yul because we're in a relationship but we’re still in Indonesia.” Jessica requested.

 

“Sure. I’ll keep it to myself.” Tiffany promised.

 

“You can share it with Taeyeon, though.” Jessica said.

 

“What??? No way, Sica!!! I know she’s very open-minded and smart. But don’t tell her. We never know what she might think about us!” Yuri protested.

 

“Relax, Yul. Taeyeon kissed Tiffany anyway.” Jessica answered with a smile.

 

“Whatt??” Yuri glanced at Tiffany, asking for a explanation.

 

“Whaaatt, Jess??” Tiffany was surprised that Jessica knew.

 

“Come on, Tiff! Do you think I’ve been ignorant all this time and didn't notice how you and Taeyeon behave? The puppy names, the instagram posts, the way you guys hold hands, you even wait for Taeyeon to go home. I didn’t tease you for nothing when you called me on Saturday.”

 

Tiffany blushed as Jessica explained. She had no idea that her friend slash mentor slash supervisor was aware of these things.

 

“So tell me, did you guys really kiss?” Yuri asked in curiosity.

 

“Uhm… Yes… Uhm… We… Kissed.” Tiffany’s flushed a dark red as she admitted to it.

 

“So, you and Taeyeon are in a relationship?” Yuri asked again.

 

“Not yet. I still had a boyfriend when we had our dates. I just broke up with him yesterday and actually I wanted to ask you about this. I planned to take things further with Taeyeon but I am still confused.” Tiffany finally admitted.

 

“You kissed anyway. What is left to be confused about? Except if you kissed when you were drunk.” Jessica asked.

 

“I was so sure I was straight, Jess. I do not understand what happened to me. The only thing I know is I like Taeyeon a lot but I am afraid that it’s not a real feeling. What if it is just a temporary feeling? What if it is just platonic? I don’t want to hurt her. She’s my best friend.” Tiffany explained.

 

Jessica and Yuri exchanged glances for a while as they digested Tiffany's words. Tiffany was sat across them, playing with her fingers. Since there was no response from her friends, she started to feel uncomfortable. It was nice to know that both of them could accept her uality even thought they were actually a couple themselves. But, after she spilled out the truth about her worries, her friends didn't give her a response and it worried her a lot. She started to think that she made a wrong decision.

 

“Are you stupid, Tiff?” Jessica finally said a word. Yuri nudged her girlfriend again for saying things too bluntly.

 

“Can you stop hitting me with your elbow, Yul? I'll have bruises after this if you continue.” Jessica protested.

 

“Can you choose a nice word rather than calling her she's stupid?” Yuri asked Jessica.

 

“OK. I am sorry about that. But she is stupid, Yul!” Jessica insisted.

 

“But that’s not a good way to comfort your friend. Aish, this Ice Princess is really…” Yuri scratched the back of her head. Sometimes she didn't know how to deal with Jessica.

 

“I do not plan to comfort her. I am just going to say the truth.” Jessica answered.

 

“Hello guys! I’m still here in case you forgot.” Tiffany interrupted their couple quarrel. “Can you stop arguing? and Jessica please tell me the truth.” Tiffany continued.

 

“See, Yul? She asked me to continue.” Jessica said proudly while Yuri only sighed in defeat.

 

“Now, just cut the crap and tell me.” Tiffany requested.

 

“I said you are stupid, Tiff.” Jessica repeated her sentence before.

 

“And why is that?” Tiffany wished that her decision to break up with Nick was not the one Jessica meant as stupid.

 

“Just because.” Jessica replied shortly.

 

“Come on Jess!!!!!” Tiffany groaned, frustrated with her friend.

 

“Why are you overthinking about your feelings? or whether it is real or fake? You care a lot about her and do not want to hurt her. If you plan to only play with her, I would definitely tell you to stop right now.” Jessica explained.

 

“No! I don’t plan to play with her feelings at all!!!” Tiffany protested.

 

“I didn’t say you do. I said if you planned to play with her, you should definitely stop now.” Jessica repeated. Tiffany nodded as she understood what her friend was trying to say.

 

“But the way I see it, you put a lot of consideration into this. You think before you act. You don’t want to hurt her feelings, that makes me believe that you actually care about her.” Jessica continued her explanation.

 

“So what should I do?”

 

“See, Yul? She is so hopeless. That’s why I called her stupid.” Jessica spoke to her girlfriend.

 

“She is acting just like you did at the beginning of our relationship, Sica…” Yuri gave Tiffany an understanding smile.

 

“But I wasn’t as hopeless as she is.” Jessica protested.

 

“You were.” Yuri chuckled at her girlfriend’s reaction. “Tiff… This Ice Princess over here was also confused back then. She was so damn straight. Should I tell you a little secret about Sica?” Yuri smirked at her girlfriend who's face was now a dark shade of red.

 

“No, no, no! Okaaaayy!! I will just say my opinion now.” Jessica said in defeat. “Take it slow, Tiff. Try to understand your own feelings while you enjoy your time with her. Your heart will eventually tell you what you should do.” Jessica said reassuringly.

 

Tiffany smiled at her friend’s suggestion. But she still had one question left. “Is it okay to ask her out for another date?”

 

Yuri looked at Tiffany in disbelief then turned her head to Jessica, “You were right. She is stupid.”

 

“See, you finally agree.” Jessica replied. “I wasn’t that bad back then.” She continued.

 

“I have to agree on that.” Yuri nodded in agreement.

 

“Guuuyyysss! I am still here, d’uh!” Tiffany protested but she no longer needed an answer to her question. She knew that her friends meant to say that it was okay to go on another date with Taeyeon.

 

Yuri and Jessica smiled at their friend. They knew Tiffany no longer needed an answer. Tiffany’s phone suddenly rang showing Taeyeon’s name on the screen. Tiffany immediately answered.

 

“Hi Tae.”

 

“I am with Yuri and Jess at the café.”

 

“Ah, you’re coming?”

 

“Guys, Taeyeon asked if she could join. Is it okay?” Tiffany informed her friends. The two girls nodded.

 

“It’s okay, Tae. Just come.” Tiffany continued talking on the phone.

 

“Okay. Drive safe.”

 

“See you.” Tiffany ended the call.

 

“So, another date right away? So fast.” Jessica said as soon as Tiffany ended the call.

 

“No, she just wants to come over so she can take me home.” Tiffany replied.

 

“Ah, you’re not going to have the chance once you get your company’s car.” Jessica told her.

 

“I won’t get the company’s car if I haven’t passed the probation, Jess. Wait! It’s next week, right? My probation will end next week!” Tiffany squealed in excitement.

 

Jessica kept shut knowing she spilled something she should not have said.

 

“Did you just give me a hint that I've passed it already?” Tiffany almost screamed.

 

Jessica stayed silent.

 

“Jung Jessica!!! Come on tell me!! I passed, right??” Tiffany could not hide her excitement.

 

“I am not telling.” Jessica finally spoke.

 

“Princess Jung, my prettiest friend on earth, please just tell me nooowww.” Tiffany begged.

 

“Not a chance, Tiff.”

 

“Jeeeeesss!!!”

 

Yuri just laughed at the girls.

 

****

 

Taeyeon walked into the café mentioned by Tiffany and immediately found where her crush and her two team member's table. Tiffany was surely loud, she could hear the eye smile girl’s voice as soon as she entered the café. A waiter approached her to ask where she wanted to be seated but Taeyeon politely declined, saying that her friends were already in the café. She made her way to the three girls.

 

“Hi, guys.” Taeyeon smiled politely. She was definitely still in her professional mode.

 

“Taetae, sit beside me.” Tiffany patted the free chair beside her. Taeyeon took the seat facing Yuri and Jessica who had wide smiles plastered on their face. They could not hide their amusement seeing their boss who had no idea that they already knew her secret.

 

“Seems like you guys had a great time. You're smiling really wide.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Indeed we do.” Jessica still smiled.

 

Tiffany noticed the smile and started to feel nervous. Worrying that her two friends would spill unnescesary things in front of Taeyeon.

 

“What were you guys talking about before I came? I heard Tiffany’s voice as soon as I entered the café.” Taeyeon spoke even though she was actually curious about the smile.

 

“We talked about the ideal date.” Jessica answered nonchalantly.

 

As a matter of fact, they really talked about how an ideal date should be. After successfully escaping from Tiffany’s question about her probation, Jessica immediately changed the topic on how Tiffany should ask Taeyeon out. Tiffany had no experience in asking for a date since she was usually the one being asked out. She asked Taeyeon out for their first date but it was a friendly date, she was also the one who initiated the sleepover but it was supposedly only a movie date which turned out to be more than that. And there she was, wanting to ask Taeyeon out on a date but didn't the slightest idea of what kind of date they should go on.

 

“Ah, girls talk? So, what kind of ideal date do you have in mind?” Taeyeon asked. She had no idea that they were actually talking about Tiffany’s plan to ask her out on a date.

 

“Mine would be an expensive date. Shopping, watching movies, candle light dinner. Right, Yul?” Jessica confirmed with Yuri.

 

“Yeah, you love to see people file for bankruptcy.” Yuri sighed. Jessica surely loved to have expensive dates especially on their anniversary.

 

“What about you, Yuri?” Taeyeon asked the tanned girl.

 

“Mine? Hmmm… I just love to spend time with my lover. As long as we’re together, it always feels like a date.” She answered as she obviously smiled at Jessica, receiving a warm smile from the latter.

 

Taeyeon found it odd but she did not want to be nosy about the strange sight in front of her. Yuri and Jessica were really close, she thought maybe it was normal for best friends to confirm each other’s favorite.

 

“What about you, Fany?” Taeyeon finally asked her crush. She could find out what her crush really wanted to do on a date since the topic was about it. She also planned to ask her out on their forth date anyway.

 

“I am not telling you.” Tiffany threw her infamous eye smile to Taeyeon making the latter blush, which of course got noticed by the couple across them. They smiled at the sight in front of them, which reminded them of the beginning of their relationship.

 

“Are you not going to order anything, Taeyeon?” Yuri asked.

 

“No, I had my dinner already. I just wanted to come over to fetch Tiffany.” She answered honestly.

 

“Are you her boyfriend? Why should you fetch her?” Yuri asked teasingly.

 

Taeyeon somehow managed to keep her calm self. But before she could answer, Tiffany already answered the question. “Taetae is my driver.” She said jokingly.

 

“I would send her a warning letter if I were you.” Jessica provoked Taeyeon.

 

“It’s okay. I am her Taetae out of office hour. But if she said that Kim Taeyeon is her driver, please remind me to give her a warning letter for real.” Taeyeon joked as she chuckled.

 

“Awww, Taeyeon is her Taetae. So sweet.” Jessica teased. “But my Yul is way sweeter than that.” She continued, giving a wink to the tanned girl beside her. Taeyeon really didn't understand what was going on between Yuri and Jessica.

 

“Should we go home, Tae? You'll need to drive another thirty minutes after dropping me off.” Tiffany finally decided to go home. She was afraid that her two friends would keep on teasing Taeyeon.

 

“Okay, then.” Taeyeon stood up, followed by Tiffany. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow at the office.” She bid a farewell to Yuri and Jessica.

 

“See you guys tomorrow.” Tiffany also bid her farewell as she walked towards Jessica and kissed the girls' cheeks. Taeyeon somehow felt a bit jealous at the sigh but she remained calm. Both girls made their way to the cashier to pay the bill before proceeding to the exit.

 

As soon as Taeyeon and Tiffany disappeared out the door, Jessica pinched Yuri’s stomach. “What were you planning to tell Tiff about my little secret?” She whispered.

 

Yuri laughed at her girlfriend’s insecurity. “Nothing. Just wanted to tell her how you asked me out for our first date.”

 

“Oh my God! That embarrassing beginning???!!!” Jessica’s face got red.

 

“Should I remind you?” Yuri teased.

 

“No.”

 

“Yul, can I tell you something?” Yuri mimicked how Jessica asked her for a date.

 

“Stop Yul.”

 

“I don’t know why I can’t stop thinking about kissing you.” Yuri continued.

 

“Yul!”

 

“So, to not make it awkward…” She didn’t stop.

 

“Kwon Yuri!”

 

“You must go on a date with me so I can kiss you.” Yuri finished it with a loud laugh. It was not the most perfect date request but it was definitely honest and Yuri loved it. And above all, it was the start of their relationship.

 

“I hate you, Kwon.” Jessica pouted, blushing hard like a steamed crab.

 

“I love you too, Sica.” Yuri smiled lovingly.

 

****

 

Taeyeon focused on her driving while Tiffany sang along to the songs playing on the radio. The latter was definitely enjoying the ride with her boss. It was not her first time but since she just broke up with her boyfriend yesterday, anything related to Taeyeon felt a bit different. She could not hold her excitement, she felt like she was so happy all time, she enjoyed every single moment with the blonde way more than she had felt with anyone else. Maybe it was because she no longer had anything that held her back for showing her true feelings. Tiffany felt more carefree especially after she had spoken with Yuri and Jessica earlier. She silently hoped that Taeyeon would do the same. She hoped that Taeyeon would show a bit more of her feelings since she was no longer in a relationship. They could start to date without any guilt.

 

“Taetae.” Tiffany stopped singing.

 

“Hmmmm…” Taeyeon hummed without her eyes leaving from the road in front of her.

 

“My probation will end next week, right?” She asked.

 

“Yes. Why?” Taeyeon said, eyes still on the road.

 

“If I pass the probation, can I ask you for a present?” Tiffany requested.

 

“A present?” Taeyeon reconfirmed.

 

“Yes. Can I?”

 

“Sure, why not?” Taeyeon glanced at her crush, giving a cute smile. “What do you want?” She asked.

 

“Secret. I’ll tell you once I get my confirmation letter that I passed the probation period and officially become a permanent employee at GG Corporation.” Tiffany smiled. She had a plan in mind after her discussion with Jessica and Yuri.

 

“As long as you don’t ask for a house in Pondok Indah* area, I think I’m okay.” Taeyeon joked.

 

“Ah, I should’ve thought about that.” Tiffany played along.

 

“I am not listening.” Taeyeon chuckled.

 

“So, promise me, I can ask you for a present?”

 

“Promise. Promise me you won’t ask for a house?”

 

“Dork!” Tiffany slapped Taeyeon’s thigh.

 

“Kidding, dear.” Taeyeon laughed.

 

“Dear?” Tiffany thought she started to hallucinate. Did she just hear Taeyeon call her dear?

 

“Errr, never mind.” Taeyeon blushed.

 

“Dear?” Tiffany repeated her question.

 

“It slipped out. I'm sorry… I am sorry if that made you feel uncomfortable.”

 

Tiffany smiled wide. “It’s okay.” She blushed after knowing that Taeyeon really said it. “It sounds good.” She continued.

 

“Hmmmm…” Taeyeon also smiled hearing Tiffany’s reply as the latter continued singing along to the music.

 

They finally arrived at Tiffany’s place and Taeyeon parked her car in front of the house. She unbuckled her seatbelt, stepped out from the car, hurriedly went to the passenger seat where Tiffany was seated and opened the door. Tiffany laughed at Taeyeon’s action.

 

“What are you doing?” She chuckled.

 

“Opening your door.” Taeyeon answered with a grin.

 

“What a sweet gesture.” Tiffany could not hide her happiness as she walked out of the car. Taeyeon closed the door still with a grin on her face.

 

“I think I kind of agree with what Yuri said. You don’t need a date. It feels like a date every time I’m with you.” Taeyeon blushed at her own remark, making Tiffany smile even wider.

 

“Dork!”

 

“Your a dork.” She grinned.

 

“Not yet. But hopefully soon.” Tiffany leaned forward, giving a light kiss on Taeyeon’s nose, leaving the latter blushing more.

 

“See you tomorrow, Fany.” Taeyeon looked at her crush lovingly.

 

“See you tomorrow, dear…” Tiffany answered.

 

Taeyeon grinned at the way Tiffany addressed her.

 

“Stop grinning and get back to your car, dork.” Tiffany chuckled.

 

“Okay!” Taeyeon walked back to her car and got in. She opened the passenger window to wave good-bye to Tiffany.

 

“Text me when you arrive home.” Tiffany half shouted when Taeyeon’s car started moving.

 

“I will.” Taeyeon replied and drove away with a wide smile on her face.

 



 

 

 

 

Some notes related to the story:

1. Ketoprak (the menu Jessica ordered in the Indonesian restaurant)
ketoprak
This is one of Indonesian traditional street food. Ketoprak is actually vermicelli noodle mixed with fried tofu and egg, bean sprouts covered in peanut sauce and sweet soy sauce, then garnish it with fried shallots, and prawn crackers, sometimes a bit of cucumber as the condiment. (source: lifestylefoods.com.au)

2. Sop buntut / Oxtail soup (the menu Tiffany ordered in the Indonesian restaurant)
sop buntut
Sop buntut or oxtail soup is very popular in Indonesia. If you ever visited an Indonesian restaurant that serves this soup, it is really hard to miss since this is probably the most expensive dish among the many dishes available. What makes it expensive is actually the main ingredient of this menu: oxtail. (source: dailycookingquest.com)

3. Soto ayam (the menu Taeyeon ordered in the Indonesian restaurant)
soto ayam

Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skiny rice noodles buried in the bowl. It is served with a boiled egg, fried shallots, celery leaves and herbs, and is hearty enough for a meal. (source: cooking.nytimes.com)

4. Gado-gado (also mentioned as Indonesian salad by Jessica)
gado-gado
On the streets of Jakarta and elsewhere in Indonesia, some vendors' pushcarts are essentially a mobile salad bars, where bespoke vegetarian compositions of greens, sprouts, shredded cabbage, steamed potatoes and tofu, hard-cooked eggs, shrimp chips, and more are dressed in a spicy aromatic peanut sauce. The salad lends itself to creativity nearly any combination of raw and cooked vegetables, along with lontong (Indonesian rice cake, rice wrapped with banana leaf). It also knowns with some variations with different names in some other areas in Indonesia such as Lotek in West Java or Pecel Sayur in East and Central Java. (source: saveur.com, and my own refference)

5. Rupiah (IDR / Indonesian Rupiah)
is the currency used in Indonesia. The convertion to USD is: 1 USD = 13,800 IDR so the range of Indonesian foods in foodstalls is 0.5 USD to 2.5 USD, the range of Indonesian foods in the restaurant they had lunch is 1 USD to 6 USD. And for the rest of convertion, you can do the math :)

 

6. Pondok Indah (Taeyeon mentioned that as long as Tiffany did not ask for a house in Pondok Indah area, she would be okay)
pondok indah residence
Pondok Indah is an elite housing complex in South Jakarta. Most of the residents are celebrities, business tycoons, conglomerates, and such.

 

Hello!! Anyone miss me? Hehehehe. Just a simple update with a bit of YulSic there hehehe. I think a bit of light chapter will be good after the previous break up chapter. I hope you still enjoy it though.

I also want to say hello to the new subscribers! Hellooo~~~ I hope you enjoy the story so far! Please feel free to leave a comment and feedback. I want to hear your thoughts :). Also hello to the silent reader! Thanks for keep reading this story :D

My special thanks, as always, for my loyal readers, the commenters (seriously guys, I hope you know how your comments mean a lot to me!), and the upvoters: jojettykoh, GGX309, coolprince, dede89, and jshisii! SHOULDISHOUTTHATILOVEYOUGUYS?

As what I wrote in my blog, I might only update for once in a week. I hope you understand that but I check AFF often, so if you want to communicate with me via comments or wall or private message, please feel free to do :) I love to chat away with you guys :) So, I will see you on the chapter 14? I hope you guys take a good care of yourselves. See you around!

TY so much,
srs

 

E/N: Hi guys! I'm the editor of this story and I know it took awhile but I really hope you enjoy it! Kim SaRa and I, have put a lot of hard work into this fanfic.

Thanks alot!

Coolzab123