Anger

Devoted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay.” Lee Min Ho closed his laptop and looked up at all the staffs in the conference room with a warm smile. “Meeting adjourned. Thank you for all the hard work today. I’ll see you all tomorrow.”

“Thank you, sajang-nim. Goodbye, sajang-nim.” One by one, the staffs started to stand up of heir place and bowed respectfully to him before they slowly exited the room.

Min Ho glanced down at his watch and quickly took his laptop, rushing back to his room. It was already 11pm and he told Shin Hye to wait for him at the apartment this morning. He need to discuss with her about a job that he found for her. Looking at the business plan that she did for him last night and with her qualification, it is not hard at all to get a better job for her. If she is not so stubborn, there are a lot of positions that suits her in DH Corporation. Her father will be thrilled to know how smart Shin Hye is. But too bad. With all the hatred she have for her father, it’s not possible for her to work here. And the job that he found for her is the best solution he could get for now.

Taking his coat off from the hanger, he rushed towards the door, but before he could even reach there, the door suddenly burst open and Bo Young was standing there, looking at him with an angry expression.

“B-Bo Young?” Min Ho stuttered slightly, looking at his girlfriend with a surprise gaze. “Why are you here?”

Bo Young glared at him as she slammed the door closed behind her. “Why can’t I be here? This is appa’s company and this is not the first time I came here. Why do you look so shock?” She asked, anger laced in her voice. “Or did you do something bad behind my back and is very worried that I’ll find out?”

Taking a deep inhale of breath, Min Ho pursed his lips and stared at her. “What are you talking about? I’m just… surprise that you came here at this hour. It’s very late already.” He explained as he slowly walked to her and held her hand.

“Don’t touch me!” Bo Young yanked her hand away and inhaled sharply. Her eyes were reddened in rage. “You are a liar.”

Min Ho’s brows furrowed and looked at her in confusion. “What liar? What did I do?” He asked innocently.

“You lied to me.” Bo Young raised her voice. “You promised me that you will come home last night but you didn’t. I keep calling you for the whole night but you turned off your phone. Where have you been? Why didn’t you come home?”

Min Ho parted his lips, no words could form in his throat as last night’s memories come rushing back into him. Now he recalled his promise to Bo Young that he will be home last night. But he was busy with the business plan and even fall asleep in the study room. His phone must be ran out of battery and that’s why she couldn’t get him.

He inhaled a silent breath as his eyes looking at Bo Young’s angry gaze. He can’t tell her that he was in the apartment last night. Bo Young will surely misunderstand him and become angrier.

Hiding his hand inside the pocket, he tried to maintain his composure and look calm. “I… I was in the office for the whole night.”

Bo Young narrowed her gaze sceptically, waiting for him to continue.

“We had a management meeting and I have to present the business plan today. I was rushing the presentation in the office until… until almost 6 in the morning. I… I just went back to the apartment to change my clothes and quickly rushed back to the office.” He lied. He knows it’s not right to lie but he understand Bo Young very well. If he told her the truth, she will definitely not believe him. She will misunderstand and will only caused her to dislike Shin Hye even more. He doesn’t want to make the situation worse than they already are.

Taking a step closer to her, Min Ho gently grasped her hand again and looked into her eyes. He felt relieved when she didn’t pull away this time. “I know what you are worried about. You are upset and thought I went back to the apartment because of your sister. But… but I didn’t.” He breathed deeply, feeling guilty for his lies. “She was still sleeping at the time I went back. She don’t even know I went back this morning.”

Bo Young caught her bottom lip between her teeth as she held his gaze and not sure she should believe him or not. “Are you… telling me the truth? You… didn’t lie to me?”

There was a pause as hesitation etched onto his face. “Of course I’m telling you the truth.” He gave up his chance to be honest and chose to lie again.

After a while, Bo Young finally nodded her head. “I believe you.” A small smile slowly curled onto her lips. “You look very tired. Let’s go to eat something and go home to have good rest tonight.”

Go home? What about Shin Hye? He heaved a silent sigh. He can’t say no to Bo Young now. The only thing he can do is breaking his promise again but this time to another woman.

He nodded his head helplessly and forced a smile on his face. “Okay.”

“Give me a minute. I’ll go to the washroom first.” Bo Young said as she put her bag on the couch and leave the room.

After she was out of sight, Min Ho quickly took his phone out and make a call.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Placing the last dish on the dining table, Shin Hye let out a satisfying smile on her face. Spicy pork, stirred-fried chicken, beef and vegetable bean stew, diced radish kimchi… three dishes with one side dish and all of it looked mouth-watering. She doesn’t need to try the taste because she is very confident with her own cooking skill. All this while, she was the one who cook every day, waiting for her mother to come home after work. Everybody in the neighbourhood know how good she was in cooking.

Although Min Ho said he will be late tonight, but she guess after a long day at work, he will surely be very hungry. With her good cooking skill, it would be another excellent way to amaze him. She needs to do more to leave a deep impression on him. Men doesn’t always use their brain to think. Their physical urge always have a way to control their mind. With that, it gave women a lot of advantages to control them too. That’s how Jang Ji Ae captured that person’s heart and defeated her mother. And now, it’s going to be her turn to defeat her daughter and won over her boyfriend’s heart.

She turned to the clock at the wall and it was almost 11pm now. And just when she wanted to take a food tent to cover the dishes, the sudden ringing of the phone shattered the silence. The sound came from the living room and it was the phone that Min Ho gave her ringing. She quickly made her way to the living room and took the phone that was lying on the coffee table.

The screen is flashing Min Ho’s name. Taking a deep breath, she pressed the red button.

“Yoboseyo…” She answered with a soft voice.

“It’s me.”

His voice echoed into her ear as her grip around the phone tightened instantly. “What do you want?” She asked in the coldest voice she could speak.

“I… I’m sorry. I know I asked you to wait for me… but something urgent came up and… I don’t think I can come over tonight.”

An unfamiliar discomfort feeling hit her chest the moment he said he is not coming back. She wasn’t sure what that feeling is but there was a sudden urge of breaking something or slam something hard to the wall so that she could release the uncomfortable emotions to make herself feel better.

“But I’ll drop by first thing in the morning tomorrow. I’ll bring breakfast along. I promise.”

Another pause set in before he continued again when he couldn’t get any reply from Shin Hye.

“I’m sorry…” 

 Shin Hye inhaled a sharp breath, trying to calm herself down. “Are you done yet?” She asked, her voice sounded colder than just now.

“I-I…”

“I don’t know what makes you think that I’m waiting for you but whatever it is, you are over thinking it. I was about to sleep and if you didn’t call me, I don’t even remember that you ask me to wait for you.”

“I… see. Then… you should sleep now. It’s late… I’m sorry to disturb you at this hour. I will…”

“Oppa…”

Shin Hye’s eyes widened the moment she heard a female voice in the background.

“I’m done. Are you on the phone? Who are talking to?”

“Hmmm… it’s just…”

“I think I’m the one who is disturbing you… with your girlfriend.” Shin Hye cut him off before he could answer the woman’s question. “I’m cutting off the line now.”

“It’s not… I mean… goodnig…”

Before Min Ho could finish the work ‘goodnight’, Shin Hye took the phone away from her ear and cut the line off. She stared at the phone for long moment before she threw it on the table very harshly.

Something urgent came up?

So, Bo Young was the ‘something urgent’ that came up and stopping him from coming here tonight. A sarcastic chuckle escaped her lips as her hands were both balled in tight fists. She is right. Every man is the same. They are all liar, betrayer and selfish animal.

Her face flushed as she felt the anger surged through her like a volcano that was about to explode. She doesn’t know why she is so angry but she keep convincing herself that this is because she wanted to take revenge and couldn’t wait to hurt them. It has nothing to do with Lee Min Ho.

Taking another deep breath, she stormed to the dining room and took all the plates to the kitchen. She opened the trash bin, throwing the foods away and slammed all the plates into the sink before going back to her room.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day, Min Ho arrived at the apartment very early in the morning. He didn’t have a good sleep last night because the phone conversation with Shin Hye make him feel extremely uneasy. Although she said she didn’t wait for him but why did she sounded so cold and angry. She was still okay when he left the apartment yesterday. Something must be wrong.

When the clock strikes 6 in the morning, he quickly got up from his bed and prepared himself to come here the first thing before he go to the office. He went to a famous coffee shop and got her a very tasty breakfast, hoping that she will not be angry with him after she has some nice food.

He walked into the kitchen, thinking to take some plates to the dining room but when he got in, he was frozen in place when he saw the empty plates in the sink. There are at least three to four plates in it and it’s not possible that Shin Hye could eat so much alone. He then turned to the trash bin and opened the cover.

The moment when he saw the foods that she threw away last night, he was now very sure that she did waited for him last night. Looking at the amount of foods that she threw away, she even cooked his portion and planned to have supper with him.

A deep sigh escaped his lips as he turned around and stepped out of the kitchen. Just after he put the breakfast on the dining table, Shin Hye came out from her room and their eyes immediately locked together when they saw each other.

There was a very long awkward silence, and Shin Hye could tell he is trying to think up a good topic to start a conversation with her. With an inward smirk curled onto her lips, she crossed her arms over her chest as her eyes looked straight into his.

“I’m surprise that you didn’t break your promise and really came so early in the morning.” She said sarcastically.

“I’m sorry.” Min Ho took a deep breath. “I’m very sorry about last night. I know you waited for me and…” He paused and heaved a sigh. “… I can explain. Last night, when I…”

“Don’t waste our time.” Shin Hye cut him off before he could finish what he wanted to say. “I’m not interest in whatever excuses you used to cover your lies. In fact, you don’t even need to explain anything to me. Technically, we’ve met and stay under the same roof for few nights but in reality we are just strangers.”

Min Ho held her gaze and the coldness in her eyes are freezing his heart as well. He doesn’t understand why a young girl like her could be so stubborn and surrounded by so much hatred. People at her age should be enjoying their life and shouldn’t behave like her.

“You said you have something important to tell me. What is it?” Shin Hye broke the silence again when he just keep quiet.

Letting out another deep sigh, Min Ho know it’s useless to explain further. To her, right is right and wrong is wrong. No matter what is the reason behind, it still couldn’t change anything.

“Yesterday… you told me that you graduated in Business Management, right? You said you are looking for a job and I think… since you are a university graduate, you should find a job that is related to what you study.” He said.

Shin Hye looked at him as she tilted her head. “A job that is related to what I study?” She smirked. “Is that really… necessary? How much can I earn from doing those office jobs? I can earn so much better with the job I’m doing now.” The smirk on her face widened when she saw his reaction upon hearing what she said. She purposely misled him again and she felt so good to see those guilty gazes in his eyes.

“But because you imprison me in your apartment now, I’ve lost a lot of business and missed the opportunity to earn more money.” She continued.

Min Ho clenched his jaw as he felt his heart rate shoot up, a sudden anger hit him. He breathed deeply, trying to control his provoked emotions. Every time when she said about her ‘job’, he couldn’t help himself from feeling extremely guilty and angry at the same time. His father should have did something or… he should have did something earlier to prevent this to happen. If they are more sensible, they could have stopped this tragedy from happening. It was their fault that she have to betray herself to survive. And he hates the way she said about that ‘job’ like she doesn’t care at all.

Forcing himself to ignore what she said, he inhaled sharply to keep himself in control. “If you are interested, I have a job to introduce to you.”

Shin Hye bit her lip as she looked at him with a sharp glare, as if she knows what he was about to tell her. “I’m not interest to work for that person. I would rather die than to work in his company.”

Min Ho raised his brows as confusion clouded his eyes. After a moment, he finally understood what she was talking about. She thought the job he wanted to introduce her is in her father’s company.

He shook his head. “It’s not what you think. The job that I find for you is not in your…” He held his tongue before the word ‘father’ slip out of his mouth. “I mean… my friend have an advertising company. His secretary just left and he is looking for a replacement.”

Shin Hye’s eyes instantly softened as an expectant gaze took over. Secretary? Perfect. She has been looking for a job for a long time but still there is no response from anywhere yet. Since there is an opportunity now, of course she is interested. But she can’t show it too obvious in front of him. She has to continue to make him think that she sold herself to earn money and have no intention to stop. The more he felt guilty, the easier for her to move into his heart. But still she couldn’t hide her excitement and the hopeful gaze in her eyes.

Min Ho smiled. He was right. The ‘job’ that she always mentioned was not something that she want to continue. If she has a choice, the job that he finds for her is what she really wants.

He put his hand into his pocket and took out a name card. “He is my friend. I already called him yesterday and you can go to see him anytime when you are free.”

Shin Hye stepped forward and took the card from him.

Moon Jun Won, Director of YP Creative Agency.

“You don’t need to worry.” Min Ho continued again. “He just need to meet up with you and ask some questions. We’ve known each other since we were kids. He is a very nice guy.”

“Thank you.” Shin Hye said in a soft whisper.

Min Ho smiled again as he stepped closer and looked at her. “Since… I help you to find a job, do you think… you can forgive me for breaking my promise last night?” He asked in a wary tone, trying his luck. He doesn’t know why he have to ask this but he just want to make sure that she is not angry with him and they are in good term. It bothers him so much with the thoughts that she is angry with him.

Shin Hye slowly looked up and met his gaze. Just when she was about to say ‘no’, she recalled the reason why she is still staying here and why she wanted to get close to this man.

Revenge. He is a chess piece that could help her to win the game.

Without answering him, she just let out an inward smirk before she walked to the dining table and stared at the breakfast he bought. “It depends on what you bought for breakfast. If the food is good, I might consider to forgive you.”

Min Ho smiled widely as he walked to the dining table and joined her. “Have you heard CoCo Bruni Coffee Shop? They are very famous with their chicken ham sandwich and cappuccino.” He said as he took the food and coffee out from the paper bag. “I guess you will like it.” He said, handing the coffee to her.

Shin Hye took a small sip of the coffee as she took a seat at the dining table. Min Ho sits down in front of her and both of them started to have their breakfast together. After a moment of silence, Shin Hye spoke again. “The phone that you left here that day is on the coffee table. You can take it back before you go later.”

Min Ho stopped eating and looked up at her. “That phone is for you.”

“I don’t simply take thing from people. You should take it back.” She said without looking at him.

He heaved a deep sigh. It’s pointless to argue with her because he knows he will not win. She is too stubborn and will never give in. “If you insist to give it back to me, then you have to give me your phone number.”

“I don’t have a phone.” She said flatly.

“What?” He sighed helplessly. “Then you have to keep the one I gave you. I need to make sure you are contactable.”

Shin Hye stopped chewing, slowly looked up and met his eyes. “I don’t want to use your thing.”

“If you can stay in my house, why bother using my phone?” He sighed another helpless breath. “A phone is not something very expensive and I don’t mind that you use it.”

“But I do mind.” Shin Hye stood up of her chair and glared at him angrily. “You have your freedom to give whatever you want but I also have my right to reject it.” She walked away from the dining table, wanting to stop the fight and go back to her room. But before she could go far, Min Ho rushed up and pulled her back to him.

Shin Hye was startled by him as her eyes stared at their hands. Min Ho followed her gaze and understood right away. He quickly let go of her hand and took a step back. “I’m sorry if I offended you but… I just care for you and want to make sure you are contactable. It will not be convenient without a phone. If you think it hurt your pride of using my things, then you can just treat it as something I borrow to you. You can return it back to me after you buy one next time.”

A soft chuckle escaped Shin Hye’s lips as she stepped closer to him, so close that she could clearly smelled his scent. Min Ho felt his breath hitched and his eyes caught into her mesmerizing, intense gaze. He was caught off guard with the sudden closeness.

“Although I’m poor but I understand when I got something from people, I would have to pay something back in return either. This is a realistic world that we are living in. People don’t simply give you something without a motive, and on the other hand people don’t get something without sacrificing.” She paused and smirked when she saw his Adam’s apple straining against his throat. His body stiffed and it was clearly that her closeness was affecting him. “I appreciates your kind offer for letting me to stay in your house. But now… you are offering me a phone and a job. Later, you might be offering me some cash or more. Does it mean… in order to pay you back, I have to give you a very special service… preferably in your bed?”

Her voice was challenging as ever and she slowly trailed her hand down over his chest and looked at him flirtatiously. The smile on her lips widened when she felt his breathing became heavy. This is the biggest weakness in men. Their rational mind always defeated by their inner lust.

a deep inta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter