Hatred

Devoted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sajang-nim, the meeting with Mr Mitsuru and his team on this coming Tuesday is confirmed. Their flight will be landed in Seoul at 9.30am. I’ve arranged someone to pick them up at the airport. They probably will reach our office around 10.30am on that day.”

Lee Min Ho looked up at Secretary Oh and nodded his head with a polite smile. “Good. Make sure you email the agenda to all HODs before the meeting.”

“Noted. I will send to them right away.” Secretary Oh said as he looked at his boss. “Should I include hoejang-nim into the meeting attendance list?”

Min Ho glanced down at the table calendar and pursed his lips. The meeting was fall on the first week of the month. His father will normally be in Busan around that time and he don’t he will want to join. Looking up at his secretary again, he slowly shook his head. “No. Abeoji might not be in Seoul around that time. I’ll report the progression of the project to him myself.”

“Okay. I will go out to send the email and prepare the necessaries.” Secretary Oh bowed solemnly at his boss before leaving the room.

A deep sigh escaped Min Ho’s lips the moment his secretary was out of sight. It has been an exhausted week for him, doing the preparation and finalizing the project with the Japanese company. But as a leader, he has to be strong and continue to lead the company to the higher level. He can’t disappoint his father. This is the responsibility that he needs to bear to repay his father for everything he has done for him.

Thinking back to the time when he was still living in the orphanage, everything that he owned now was given by his father, Park Doo Jun, the owner of DH Corporation. Yes, he was an orphan and Park Doo Jun is his adopted father. He was lucky for being chosen to become his son and the heir of his company. When the orphanage told him that Park Doo Jun decided to adopt him, he felt like he was given a second chance to live a better life.

He still remember the first day when he walked into Park Doo Jun’s house, he was warmly welcomed by his wife, Jang Ji Ae and his daughter, Park Bo Young. They didn’t make him feel like a stranger and even treated him like their own child. Since then, his life has changed tremendously. He has a family and no longer a poor lonely child in the orphanage. Park Doo Jun gave him the best education, the best guidance and trained him to become his next successor. And he didn’t disappoint him. In just less than three years working in the company, he has climbed up to the highest position with his own capability without his father’s help. Everyone who worked with him admired his management skill and attitudes towards his work. All the staffs in the company were happy to work with him. Although Park Doo Jun is still the chairman of the DH Corporation, but everyone in the company knows that their hoejang-nim has pass all his power to Min Ho and he was the one who are leading the company now. After he became the CEO of DH Corporation, Park Doo Jun has slowly retiring from his job and spent most of his time with his wife.

But the heir of the company is not the only responsibility that Min Ho has to bear. Becoming the pillar of happiness to his daughter, Park Bo Young was also one of his important roles in the family. Bo Young was only 8 years old when he first came to their house. He is six years older than her and always loves her like his own sister. He adores her, he spoils her and will give her whatever she wants. Although they were adopted siblings but everyone in the house know how much Bo Young love her adopted brother and always wish to become his wife when she grow up.

Min Ho didn’t oppose when he knows that his marriage has already been confirmed without anyone asking about his opinion. In fact, taking care of Bo Young has always been his responsibility since he came to this family. Although for him, Bo Young is still a young girl, a kid, but he knows exactly how she feels about him. No matter what happen in the future, he has vowed to them and himself that he will take care of her and protect her for the rest of his life. He was grateful with everything they gave him and will always be devoted to his family, even if it’s meant that his future has to be arranged by them.

Min Ho removed his glasses, closed his eyes and massaged the bridge of his nose. His brain is too tired to think of anything now and at this moment, he just wish that there will be a cup of his favourite mocha latte appeared in front of him. He really needs some caffeine to keep his mind conscious.

As if his request was heard, the familiar strong aroma of his favourite coffee crept into his nose the next second and makes his eyes fluttered open. A smile immediately spread across his attractive handsome face when he saw the person walking into his room, holding a cup in her hand.

“You are my angel.” Min Ho said contentedly.

Bo Young flashed him a sweet smile as she put the cup on his table before walking to him and sat on his laps. “Of course. Your beautiful angel always knows what you want the most.” She said with her gentle voice. Her hands slowly s around his neck, bringing herself closer to him. “Oppa… I miss you.”

Min Ho narrowed his gaze and pinched her nose playfully. “We just met during breakfast before I left home this morning. I didn’t know my fiancée love me so much.” He . “Spill the beans. What do you want me to help you this time?”

The smile on Bo Young’s face widened as her arms tightened around his neck. Min Ho always knows what she wants without needing her to beg him. “Oppa… you are always so smart and know what I have in mind.” She paused and stared into Min Ho eyes with a careful gaze. “I… ermmm… I… failed my finals.”

“What?” Min Ho looked at her in shock. “You failed again?” This is the third time she failed and this time she has to retake the whole semester again before she could re-sit for the exam next year.

Bo Young pouted her lips, looking at him with her puppy eyes. “You can’t blame me. I already told all of you that I’m not interested in business and I don’t like studying. No matter how hard I tried, I can’t concentrate and will never understand what the professor was teaching. I don’t understand why appa insisted that I must get my degree. If I have to choose between completing my studies and marrying you, I’ll definitely choose to marry you immediately.” She paused and smiled sweetly at him. “I’ll prefer to stay at home, clean the house, cook for you, do the laundry and become your lovely wife.” She said childishly.   

Min Ho let out a helpless sigh before he looked at her and pinched her nose again. “Silly. I want to marry you immediately too but are you sure this is really what you want?” He smirked. “You are just using the marriage to escape your studies. You are only 21 years old. I’m sure you will get tired of the life being a wife within a year after marrying me. You are still too young to understand a marriage yet.”

“I hate you.” Bo Young said as she pulled her hands away from him and crossed her arms across her chest, glaring at Min Ho. “The way you talk sounded so much like appa now. You are just finding an excuse not to marry me.” She rolled her eyes and made a face.

Min Ho stared at her and smiled again. “Are you really sure you want to marry me? Marrying me is equivalent to have another father to control you. I’ll advise you to think properly before you decide.” He continued to . Marrying her was not a choice but an obligation. Unless she say no to him, if not she will definitely become his wife.

“Don’t try to scare me.” Bo Young met his eyes with a brave gaze. “No matter what happen, I’m destined to marry you and become your wife. This life, next life or more lives to come, I’ll still want you to become my husband and I’ll never regret it. I’ll love you forever and ever.” She said firmly as her hands wrapped around his neck again. 

For a young, innocent girl like Bo Young, forever is like a fairy tale to her. She doesn’t know what forever meant and just only know that Min Ho was her first love. She likes him and wants to be with him all the time. Her innocence, eagerness and enthusiasm make her couldn’t wait to give her heart to this man.  

As for Min Ho, Bo Young is like a family to him. Marry her or not, she will always be his responsibility. He doesn’t mind to become her pillar and gave her his shoulder to lean on for the rest of her life. This is what he owed them and the only thing he could pay them back. He doesn’t know what is love and how it feels. He just knows that as long as they are comfortable being together, he is ready to enter the marriage life together with her.

“Thank you for your ‘no-regret’ and ‘forever’. I promise to take care of you and will not give you a chance to regret.” Min Ho smiled as he wrapped his arms around her petite body.

Another sweet smiles spread across Bo Young’s face as she leaned over and plant a soft kiss on Min Ho’s face. “You are welcome.” But then, something suddenly crossed her mind and she couldn’t contain the happiness on her face. “Oppa, let me tell you a good news.” She said excitedly.

Min Ho chuckled. “What else can possibly be good news now after our lovely princess failed her exam again?”

“Stop talking about my exam.” Bo Young glared at him. “There is something more important than my studies.”

“What is that?” Min Ho asked, raising his brows.

“Aunt Hyun Sook finally agreed to divorce with appa.” Bo Young said happily. “Appa said he is going to give eomma a grand wedding to compensate her long waiting. Eomma will officially become Mrs Park very soon. I’m so happy for her. The wedding will be on next month.”

“She agreed to divorce?” Min Ho asked in disbelief. How can it be possible?

Bo Young nodded. “Appa said you are very busy with the new project and doesn’t want to disturb you. We received the divorce paper two days ago and she has already signed the paper. Appa was as shocked as you too and quickly went to their house in Busan to confirm with her on the divorce matter. But too bad, there’s no one at home. Appa waited for a day there but still they didn’t come home.”

“Not at home?” Min Ho straightened himself and looked at her. “Where did they go? Did they move out from the house? But it’s not possible. Abeoji went back to Busan every month to visit them. They should have told him if they wanted to move out.”

Bo Young shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. Appa said it has been three months already since the last time he saw them. They were nobody in the house every time appa went there. He asked the neighbours but no one knows where they gone.” She paused and smiled again. “But it’s good that she is willing to let go now. I think she finally understand and accept the fact that appa doesn’t love her anymore. It’s pointless to keep the name of Mrs Park when appa’s heart is not with her at all.”

Min Ho looked at her and heaved a deep sigh. “Love is not something that could easily explained with words. It’s unfair to give any judgement since we are not them. I think she has her reason for being stubborn and trying to save her marriage.”

“I know. Her reason for not letting go is because of eonni. But I still don’t understand her. If she is worried that eonni will lose appa, then why didn’t she agree to give eonni to appa and let her stay with us? Appa and eomma will definitely love her and we can give her a complete home. Dragging the marriage will only hurt herself, hurt eonni, hurt appa and hurt my eomma. She is very selfish.”

“She is not selfish.” Min Ho disagreed with her. “After abeoji left her, her daughter is the only one who can make her strong and continue with her life. If she gives her daughter away too, she will lose everything. I can understand her sorrow.”

Yoo Hyun Sook was Park Doo Jun’s first wife. They have a daughter who is two years older than Bo Young. They used to stay in Busan but after Park Doo Jun met Bo Young’s mother, Jang Ji Ae, has an affair with her and gave birth to Bo Young, he decided to leave his first wife and moved to Seoul with his new family.

Min Ho doesn’t know what exactly happened to them back then but the time when he came to this family, his adopted father has already left Yoo Hyun Sook and their daughter. Although everyone addressed Jang Ji Ae as Mrs Park but legally they are not married yet.

Park Doo Jun will go back to Busan every first week of the month to visit them but no matter how many times he tried to convince Yoo Hyun Sook to sign the divorce paper, she still refused to do so. And because of their daughter, Park Doo Jun doesn’t want to force her.

But although Park Doo Jun still go back to visit them, his relationship with his daughter is not in a good term. When he was 14 years old, not long after Park Doo Jun adopted him, he brought him back to Busan together for once. Even though thirteen years has passed but until now he still couldn’t forget that day. He doesn’t understand. What makes her finally agreed to let go? After so many years of insistence, after so many years of waiting, it’s very hard for him to believe that she finally agreed to divorce.

Yoo Hyun Sook was totally different from what he imagined when he first saw her. She was a very kind, gentle and polite woman. Even after Park Doo Jun betrayed her and left with another woman, she never hate him and continued to wait for him, hoping that one day her husband would go back to her. Although he couldn’t deny that Jang Ji Ae was a good wife, a good mother too but a part of him still feel pity for Yoo Hyun Sook, especially their daughter.

Shin Hye.

He still remembered the first time he heard his father called this name and how cold her expression was. She was only 10 years old at that time but the hatred in her eyes were so strong that he couldn’t bring himself to forget her until now.

~~~~~

“Shin Hye-ah… see what appa have bought for you. Eomma told me you got first place for your midterm exam. This is a present for you.” Park Doo Jun said as he gently opened the box and took out a very beautiful dress. It was chosen by Jang Ji Ae and he trusts her taste. He is very sure Shin Hye will look good on it and she will like it.

The 14 years old Min Ho stared at the 10 years old little girl in front of them without blinking his eyes. He grew up in the orphanage and he has seen a lot of children for his whole life but this is the first time he saw a girl like her. The moment they stepped into the house just now, her face has been expressionless, giving nothing away for him to guess what she was thinking in her mind. Her gaze was cold and emotionless.

Yoo Hyun Sook turned to her daughter and her hair gently. “Shin Hye-ah, do you remember what eomma taught you? You have to say thank you when you receive a present.”

Still remained silent, instead of thanking him, Shin Hye turned around and walked to the cabinet in the living room to take something. After a while, she came back with a pair of scissors in her hand. And before anyone could react, she took the dress from her father’s hand very rudely and began to cut the dress with the scissors.

“Shin Hye!” Yoo Hyun Sook widened her eyes and looked at her daughter in shock.

Min Ho stared at Shin Hye, startled by her action too. Her face was still expressionless but the pair of beautiful eyes on her was bloodshot red without any tears in it. He can imagined how much hatred she has and how angry she was just by looking at her eyes. And strangely, his chest was tightened and felt like his heart was aching for her.

Park Doo Jun told him that Shin Hye is only two years older than Bo Young. Although they share the same father but they doesn’t look alike. Bo Young resembled Park Doo Jun while Shin Hye looked like a small version of her mother. She already looked breathtakingly beautiful in such a young age. As for their personalities, Bo Young was still acting like her age, childish and happy. But Shin Hye, she was so much more matured and sensible. He guessed the complicated situation of her parents has forced her to become like this.

Throwing the torn dress on the floor, Shin Hye stepped on it angrily before looked up and glared at Park Doo Jun. Her beautiful eyes were bloodshot red, covered with intense rage.

“From the day you decided to leave this house and leave eomma, I already told myself that I don’t have a father anymore. I refuse to accept your present…” She paused, as her sharp glare never leaves her father’s painful eyes. “… just like how eomma refuse to accept a single penny from you. What we want is not your money, not some pity present from you. What we need is a home, a complete family. Can you give us that?”

Park Doo Jun heaved a deep sigh and looked away. “I’m sorry.” He said shamefully.

Shin Hye sank her teeth into her bottom lip and let out a sarcastic chuckle. “Sorry? We don’t need that. I’m not the useless 6 years old little girl anymore. I won’t cry like some kind of pity-abandoned dog, begging my father not to leave us. I can take care of myself, take care of eomma. If you still have some tiny humanity inside your cruel heart, please leave us alone and don’t come back anymore.” She inhaled a sharp breath, forcing herself not to cry in front of this heartless man. “I hate you…” She said through gritted teeth, glaring at her father with her eyes full with hatred. “… and I’ll never forgive you.”  

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Eomma…”

Yoo Hyun Sook opened her eyes when the soft, gentle voice crept into her ears, slowly s into her consciousness. When her vision was restored and have a clearer look at the person in front of her, a weak smile slowly curled up her dry lips.

“Shin Hye…”

“Eomma…” Shin Hye moved herself closer to the bed, gently held her mother’s hand and showed her the paper that she was holding since she reached the hospital room. “Eomma… can you see this?” She smiled. “I did it. This is my graduation certificate. I have completed my degree. I can now find a better job and earn more money for us.”

Yes, she finally did it. Without spending a single penny from that person, she graduated her Degree in Business Management with her own ability and hard work. Throughout the years, she spent all her time working as a part-time tutor, part-time waitress, part-time helper, whatever part-time job she could find and worked after her class every day. And when she thought their hard time has finally reaching its end, the worst news has dropped on them like a time bomb. When Yoo Hyun Sook fainted at home three months ago, the doctor announced that her mother was diagnosed with kidney cancer final stage and she could only live for another three months. It was too late for surgery or chemotherapy treatment. They couldn’t do anything and could only give her mother some medication to lessen her pain.

How cruel does fate has to make somebody as kind, as perfect like her mother to go through this hell for almost her whole life. She has spent half her life loving a man that she thought was worth pouring her heart for, spent half her life waiting for a man that has changed his heart towards a dreadful woman. And just when she thought she could save her, pull her out from the hell, He announced her death sentence. She doesn’t understand and will never be able to understand. She hate… hate this world, hate this life, and most of all, she hate that person and his family. All these agony has turned her to become a heartless person too. She want justice, she want vengeance.

Yoo Hyun Sook let out another weak smile as she forced her heavy-lidded eyes to stay open. “I always know you can do it. Eomma is very proud of you.” She said with her tired voice.

Shin Hye put her certificate down on the bedside cabinet and held her mother’s hand tightly in hers. “Eomma… Shin Hye is an university graduate now. I’ll find a decent job and will give eomma a better life. From now onwards, we don’t need to suffer anymore. But eomma has to promise Shin Hye that you will hold on a little longer and stay with Shin Hye a little longer. Arasso?”

Tears began to well in Yoo Hyun Sook’s eyes as she shook her head softly. “I’m sorry, Shin Hye. Although eomma wanted to stay with you as long as forever, but… eomma is very tired.” She said through heavy breathing. “I have waited and insisted for so many years, but in the end everything was meaningless.” She paused and looked at Shin Hye sadly. “If I’m not so stubborn, if I could let go earlier, I will not make y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter