Chapter 4 [M]

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 4:

The guests turned their heads towards the adults that argued. Seokjin and Namjoon set aside their food and just looked at Yoongi.  Yoongi sat back and wiped his mouth with the napkin. "I am done. I can't stand this anymore." 

He glared at his mother and stood up from his seat. He continued to take large angry stirdes towards the exit doors. He opened the door and marched down the hallway. His mother followed from behind, eventually catching up to his speed. She grabbed a hold of his arm.

"Listen Yoongi, your father and I had problems and you knew it. You remember how much we would argue right?" Her voice cracked, the tears began to form in her eyes as she recalled her previous marriage, "We didn't love eachother like we thought we did. We were only together because of you and Hoseok. But once you two grew, we knew that we would end up divorcing. We tried giving each other a chance but as the days went by we began to despise each other. You have to understand that if two people don't love eachother they have to move on with their lives. I have moved on and so has your father." 

Sudden flashbacks engrossed into his thoughts. He remembered clearly how he and Hoseok would sit outside in the front porch of their house when they would hear their parents' argue. He remembers listening to the pots that held flowers shattering and his mother breaking the living room tv as she threw a trophy at it. Hoseok was a year younger then him. He was only 12 at the time. The color in his face would drain and his eyes filled with tears as he held Yoongi's hand.
"We will be okay."  Yoongi whispered to reassure Hoseok. In order to help Hoseok, he would walk off with him and meet up with their friends Namjoon and Seokjin. They would often spend nights at Namjoon's home whenever their parents' fought. 

"Please let go." Yoongi whispered. He looked back at his mother and shaked her hand off his arm. "I need some time to accept these changes." 

"Don't you think we all do?" His mother whispered, fixing her veil, "You are not the only one." 

"Oh please. Stop with the bull." He rolled his eyes. "Those two little princess freaking love this. Did you see their faces?"

"No, Yoongi. You don't know them." She sighed, she skimmed the hallways hoping no one would hear her, "They lost their mother almost four years ago."

"How? Did her father cheat on her or something?" He asked with a hint of saracasm. "Did their mom decided to run away with another man?"

His mother shook her head. "She died in a horrible accident. When their father went to the hospital, he found nothing but an empty broken skull. Her body was cut in half. It was horrible gory image for the girls and for him." 

Yoongi shivered imagining the dead body of faceless person. This was not going to change his mind. He hated the girls for coming into his life and taking away his freedom and happiness.

"The girls had to see that. They were traumatized." She took a deep breathe "They were afraid. There father had abandoned them for a while after their mother died, he tried to find comfort somewhere else. They weren't ready such a huge change in their lives as they knew nothing about me until a couple of days ago. It's not easy for them to have someone new come to their life is a challenge after losing the person they loved and were the closest to. Now imagine how they must feel knowing that there is three new people in their lives." 

Yoongi glanced at his mother. 

"I know that you don't want to accept them or their father but you have to accept the reality. They are living with us and that is final. They are in our lives and they are important to me." The tears roll down her face but she tried wiping them before they reached her dress. "I don't know them very well but they are my daughters now." 

"How can you say that? You don't even know them." Yoongi stated displeased.

"I don't but I feel connected to them. You don't have to know someone to feel connected to them Yoongi." She shook her head "Its all on your heart." 

Yoongi gazed down on the ground. 

"Son I am only asking for you to do me one favor." His mother grasped the sides of her dress. "I want you to come back inside and please just support me. Just this one night." She  her Yoongi's salmon pink hair. 

Yoongi stared back at his mother as he noticed her being her hands to fix his suit. He wanted to hug her but his pride and ego over took his emotions. 

"Why did you dye your hair again?" She continued to his hair "Hm?" 

"Mom!" Yoongi shifted away from his mother. He slowly walked back towards the doors to the recpetion again. She smiled warmly and followed close behind him. Before entering the reception, she fixed her veil and smiled brightly as she walked in.

From a distance she watched as he took his seat next to Namjoon. His two best friends smiled softly at him. Yoongi took a sip of his drink. Hoseok looked over at Minhee and ruffled her hair. She blushed slightly at the touch of her new brother. Jungmee smiled at her father from afar and waved at him. Mr. Lee smiled and waved back. 

Yoongi's mother gently brushed her fingers against the ring. I believe they will get along. Lord I leave it all to you. She prayed to the Lord. Thank you for letting them come into my life. Thank you. 

 

A week after the wedding 

"What classes did you guys get?" Hoseok asked the moment the girls and his mother step inside the house. The girls had their schedule and school handbook in their hands. They sighed as they marched into the sitting room. Yoongi made a face and immediately stood up from the couch. He bolted upstairs to his room and slammed it shut. This past week has been a living hell for Yoongi. It has only been a week and the girls have already invaded so much of the space of their home. His mother took away his music room and turned it into a pretty female room with pretty decorations for Jungmee. She had been excited and took the girls on a shopping spree. When he came home from a tiring night of drinking, he noticed all of his instruments and gadgets were settled in the basement.

"Look!" Minhee handed her schedule to Hoseok. 

Hoseok analyzed the schedule carefully. His eyebrows furrow "Hmm seems nice." He chuckled warmly.

"It's okay. I don't have first and second period with Jungmee though. It totally ." Minhee pouted slightly. 

"What? Why?" Hoseok gasped. 

"I got science for first period and Minhee got math. Then for second period I have math and she has science." Jungmee handed her schedule to Hoseok "You went to this school right?" 

Hoseok nodded. "Yeah Suga and I went there with Namjoon and Seokjin. Yoongi is a year older then me. I graduated the same year as Namjoon, Yoongi and Seokjin. I skipped a grade because I was very smart. I would have been a year older then you two and graduating this year."  

"Is it a good school?" Minhee asked. Her face became stoic.

"It's pretty good. The people there are nice and the teachers too." 

"Ah that's good." Minhee exhaled "I am getting a bit nervous." 

"Aren't we all?" Jungmee asked saracastically 

"Hey! Stop it!" Minhee chuckled 

Jungmee just laughed it off and walked over to the kitchen to grab snacks. Hoseok and Minhee follow from behind. They prop down on the counter seats and continued talking about the school. 

Upstairs Yoongi sat down on the ground. His back against the wall and hecatiously listened to their conversation. He suddenlty felt nostalgic. 

"Hey Yoongi" Namjoon exclaimed.Yoongi turned around and shaked hands with Namjoon "Where do you think you are going?' 

Namjoon wrapped his long arm around Yoongi's shoulder. Yoongi smiled brightly.

"I am gonna go find the rest of the boys." 

"Don't forget about me." Jin walked out behind a door. His broad shoulders hit Yoongi. 

"Hey be careful!" Yoongi joked. 

Jin flips his bangs from his face slightly. They continue walking down the hallway until they see Hoseok and a young first year student. His eyes are small and narrow. He has thick lips and is well built for a freshmen. 

"Dude this player!" Hoseok slightly punched the boy.

"What did he do now?" Namjoon asked annoyed

"Tell him!" Hoseok voices out loudly.

The boy rolled his eyes "This girl she wanted our relationship to go official but then I met her best friend and started talking to her online. And I think I like her best friend more."

The boys chuckles softly. "Player."

"Why are you a jerk?" A boy with a light orange hair butts in. His eyes are big but are monolid. He has a sharp nose. And a very deep voice.  

Behind him follows a boy with dark black hair. He is built smaller. He has the face a cute and innocent little child. When he smiles he resembles a little hamster.

The seven boys continued walking down the school hallway in their own conversation.

Back then Yoongi didn't think he would continue being friends with that group of boys

Please log in to read the full chapter