Chapter 44

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 44:

Taehyung walks Jungmee towards the gate of her home. They are both starring at the ground and chuckling about something they encountered early at the restaurant they went to eat at.

"I had a lot of fun." Jungmee smiles. She stood infront of Taehyung. 

He has a wide smile spread across his face. His eyes twinkled with happiness. "I did too." 

They stare into eachother's gaze. Jungmee can feel her stomach turn into a knot. The more time she spend with Taehyung the more she feels closer to him. The more she longs for physical contact with the boy standing before her.

"I guess I will see you on Monday." She smiles brightly at the boy infront of her. "You will be coming back to school right?"

The smile on Taehyung's face slightly fades into a small smile. He stares at Jungmee's hopeful eyes. "Yes." He isn't so sure. He had gotten another letter earlier in the day stating that his trial was set to begin later in the month. 

"Awesome." Jungmee smiles. "Good night Taehyung." She quickly pecks him on the cheek before turning towards the gate and punching in the code. 

Taehyung smiles gleefully and reaches in to touch his cheek. He can still feel her soft lips grazing on his cheek. "Good night Jungmee." He whispers as he watches he run towards the front of her home. He turns away walking towards the bus stop a few blocks from her home. Tonight was the best night. 

As Jungmee unlocks her front door, she was greeted by Hoseok. 

"So how was the dance?" Hoseok cheerfully jumps up and down while he clutches his hands together. 

"Great." Jungmee responds as her mind ponders back to the first real kiss she shared with Taehyung. 

"Where is Minhee?" Hoseok asks. 

"She is with Jimin." Jungmee responds. 

"Aren't they official?" Namjoon butts into the conversation. 

"Yes in some way." Jungmee answers backs. "It seems like they are." 

"I am so happy for that kid." Namjoon states. "He seems happy doesn't he?" 

"Yes." Jungmee responds. "Well from what I have seen." 

They all stay in silence starring at eachother until Jungmee breaks the silence. "I'm heading to my room, it's been a long day." She bolts up the stairs before the boys ask her another question. She slams the door of her room loud, so that the boys can hear downstairs and won't come up to bother her. She takes a quick shower and removes the makeup from her face. 

After showering she changes into her warm pink pjamas and slippers. She feels exhausted. She scans her room for her phone, forgetting where she misplaced it. She reminds herself to quickly check Minhee's room and see if she left it in there. She quickly bolts to her sister's room and scans around until she sees a red light flashing on her phone. She quickly picks it up and runs back to her room. She locks the door and sits on the edge of her bed. She has a few new messages: 

Have fun at the prom! Be careful okay?

I really want to see you but I am stuck at work. 

Maybe after work I will go visit you.

Our anniversary is coming up in a about a six weeks. I am planning on making it extra special for you. 

 

Seokjin. Jungmee sighs slightly. Her heart still races deeply for him. She still smiles brightly whenever she sees him. She loves him. She grabs her head in frustration realizing the huge mistake she made tonight. She realizes she has told Taehyung that she loves him. She realizes she does love him but wanted to keep it a secret but somehow she blurted it out without thinking twice about it. She quickly glances at the small blue velvet box on her nightstand with Seokjin's promise ring. 

Seokjin has shown her his love, compassion, and devotion to her. He has given her promises and a future. He has given her happiness. But why is it so hard for her to let go of Taehyung? Taehyung isn't an open book like Seokjin. He has secrets which he keeps locked away from her. He has told her he trusts her but he never tells her about his problems or what he might be dealing with. Taehyung doesn't believe in the future. He lives in the present. He doesn't have dreams he wants to fufill. He just wants to live the moment. Jungmee recalls him talking about how doesn't plan for the future he just goes with the flow. On the other hand, Seokjin knows what he wants for his future. When they go out he tells her about the house he wants to buy. He tells her about the children they will have after they get married. Both are very different from each other but she still manages to love both. 

Jungmee opens the box and pulls out the beautiful small ring. She places it on her finger. She quickly crawls under her bed sheets and covers her self to feel warm. She stares at the ceiling until she falls into a deep slumber. 

Jimin and Minhee stand at the front of her home's gate smiling at each other. 

"Thank you." Minhee lets out a small laugh. 

"You're welcome." Jimin smiles brightly as he stares at his girl with pure happiness. He leans in slightly and plants a soft kiss on her cheek. "I'll see you at school on Monday." 

"I'll see you then." She whispers as she inputs the passcode and walks in. She waves one last time before she unlocks the front door. 

"SHE IS HERE!" Hoseok exclaims from the living room as he hears her slam the front door. "How was the prom?" 

"Great." Minhee inhales in deeply. Her heart suddenly flutters. 

"I am confused." Namjoon bickers in. "Did you go with Jungkook to the prom or Jimin?"

"I went in a group with Jungkook, Taehyung and Jungmee. I was dancing with Jungkook and Taehyung." 

"But then why were you with Jimin?" Hoseok asks before realizing what he has stated. 

"How did you know I was with Jimin?" Minhee scoffs as she walks into the living room. 

"He was watching the security cameras." Yoongi walks in with a bowl filled with popcorn. "He always does that." 

"No I don't!" Hoseok bickers. "I just saw suspicious movements at the gate earlier." 

"You and Jimin are dating or..." Namjoon had been pondering for a while. 

"We are dating." Minhee blushes slightly and smiles as she thinks about Jimin. 

"What?!?" Hoseok exclaims loudly. He bolts towards Minhee and hugs her. "This is great!" 

"Wow." Namjoon stares into the distance while Yoongi coughs as he chocked on a piece of popcorn. "Jimin is changing." 

"Is that a good thing?" Minhee tilts her head to the side as she watches Namjoon daze off into his deep thoughts.

"It is." Yoongi answers, he places the bowl of popcorn on the table. 

"Jimin..." Hoseok clears his throat and chuckles nervously. "He was a player. He dated so many girls for a while. They were never serious, only last a few weeks or less. After a while he would just break up with them. He would cut all connections with the girl. He was a heart breaker." 

"He was horrible." Namjoon adds. "Has he ever told you anything about his past?"

Minhee's mind ponders back to the conversatiom she has with Jimin at the hospital. She clearly remembers him going into detail about his mother and the hardship he went through aftee she left him. "Yes." 

"I'm su

Please log in to read the full chapter