Chapter 36

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 36:

It was another boring Monday at school. The same old routine that bored and annoyed every student. Jungmee quickly throws in her  binder into her locker. Minhee approaches her. "Hey." Minhee begins. She leans against the locker and stares at her sister as she furoisly throws her backpack inside her locker. "Bad morning?" 

"Yeah." Jungmee answers. "Seokjin hasn't texted me. We got into a small argument at the hospital. It because I was hoping to get a good moring text." 

"Why don't you just text him?" Minhee suggests. She gazes at the students walking to the cafteria. "Isn't he always texting you first?" 

"Yeah." Jungmee sighs as she closes her locker. "I just feel weird about that." 

"You shouldn't!" Minhee smiles. "Text him first. You never know, he might be happy." 

Jungmee smiles back at her sister. "Come on, lets go to lunch. The boys must be waiting for us." 

The girls quickly grab their meals from the hot lunch line. As they approach their table, they hear Bobby tell the boys a joke. 

"And then he farted." Bobby laughs so hard and hits the table. Taehyung bursts out laughing and Jungkook shakes his head. 

"Bobby." Minhee makes eye contact with Bobby. "What are you talking about?" 

"I was just telling the boys a story about Seungo and how he farted in art class on Friday. It was so nasty. I could even taste the fart as I walked past him. " 

"That's gross." Jungmee slides next to Taehyung. They exchange a quick smile and look away. Minhee smiles at her sister. She knows that there is some type of chemistry between the two. She quickly scans around the cafteria in search for Jimin. 

"Where is Jimin?" Jungmee asks as she takes a bite of her sandwich. She knows Minhee doesn't want to ask because it will hurt Jungkook. 

"He said he needed to go talk to someone." Bobby answers. "He said it was something important." Minhee couldn't help but feel a little jealous inside. Jimin somehow continued to be the flirtatious playboy she had met over a year ago. She saw the way he would smile at other girls in school. However she had noticed that ever since their almost first kiss he hadn't been flirtatious with her like he used. Sundsy they hardly talked at the hospital. Then today he completely avoided her in the morning and didn't try hitting on her like he would usually do; with cheesy pickup lines. 

"So who you taking to the winter dance?" Jungkook asks Bobby bringing Minhee back from her perspective thoughts. 

"Well you know Bohyun?" Bobby asks. 

"The girl in your calculus class?" Jungmee asks. 

"Yes. I asked her if she wanted to be my prom date and she said yes." 

"How did you ask her?" Jungkook answered. 

"Well after class I chased after her and just blantly asked her. She told me she was happy I didn't make a huge scene." 

Minhee suddenly gets flashbacks from last years winter dance. How they were locked in a room and almost got their hair shaved off. Thankfully all the drama from last year was over. No one seemed to mind them anymore. Everyone was used to Minhee and Jungmee. The bullying did stop right after the group of girls got suspended. However that didn't stop a few girls from disliking them. 

"What about you guys? Who are you going to ask?" Everyone completely stops eating. 

"I don't want to go to the dance." Jungmee answers. "It seems kind of lame." 

"Yeah but it is our last winter prom." Jungkook takes a bite of his carrot. "If we don't ask anyone out, we should just go together as a group." 

"I like that idea!" Taehyung chirps in. He turns to Jungmee. He wanted to ask her to the dance so badly but it seemed that she wasn't interested in it. He watched how her nose would scrunch up whenever she would pass a winter dance poster in the hallways. "I am in if the girls join." 

Minhee and Jungmee exhange a few glances amongst themselves. The boys just watch as Jungmee rolls her eyes and sighs. "We're in." Jungkook and Taehyung smile. "But we will have to dance a song with each one of you." 

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asks titling his head slightly to the side. 

"It means Minhee will dance with both Jungkook and you. And vice versa for me." Jungmee informs. "It's the only way it will work." 

"Yes." Jungkook answers back. The thought of dancing at least one song with Minhee makes him feel all flustered inside. 

"I'll be right back." Minhee stands up and walks off to the bathroom. As she is walking down the hallway she hears a couple arguing. 

"I just don't understand. Why now?" The voice of a girl breaks out.

"We weren't even dating and I think you should see someone else." The familiar voice suggests. 

"See someone else huh?" She asks "You always come back to me. You always do."

"Yeah but for both of us it didn't ever mean anything." 

"Yeah you're right." There is a long pause between the two. "Just remember what I told you." The girls steps increase as she walks off the direction to the cafteria. Minhe

Please log in to read the full chapter