Chapter 28

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 28:

"Hey did you finish the-" Jungmee exclaimed as Minhee barged into her room but is suddenly cut off by her sister's scream.

"Woah what's going on?" Minhee fell onto her sister's bed and grabbed a pillow hiding her face in it. After a couple of minutes of painful silence Minhee looked up. "Have you ever been confused?" 

"Actually," Jungmee stood up from her seat and sits next to her sister "All the time. Sometimes I can't decide if I want to eat strawberries or apples for breakfast. I also don't know if my favorite color is yellow or maroon-" 

"Not thay type of confusion." Minhee intterupted "I mean have you ever liked two people at the same time?"

Jungmee is about to shake her head when Jin popped into her mind. Jin is very special to her. He was always super kind to her and had his way with words. He was her first kiss. There is also Taehyung.He helped her go through the pain that Jin caused when he left. "I guess so." Jungmee gaver her a final response. 

"I might feel that way too." Minhee tossed the pillow aside. She sighed deeply. 

"Let me guess." Jungmee began "Is it Jimin and Jungkook?"

Minhee noddedcasually. "Want me to tell you what I think about all of this?" Minhee stared blankly at her sister.

"Don't make up your mind so soon. We are still sixteen and in high school. There is still a long road ahead of us. There are still so many obstacles we will encounter. These are just high school crushes. I bet you that in five years, we will have forgotten about them. About all of this. We will be laughing about it in a few years and wonder what went through our minds at the time. Don't stress about it, only time will tell." 

Minhee smiled and felt at ease. Her sister is right. It will all be over once they graduate and who knows what doors life will open and close for them. 

 

Jungkook sat on a chair hunched down. He doesn't know how to start a conversation with the older male in the room. "Its been a while huh?" Seokjin broke the silence as he came back with a towel and bandages. "Yeah." Jungkook responded. Seokjin wiped the dry blood from Jungkook's face. He smiled faintly. "Just like old times."

Jungkook suddenly remembered how Seokjin was always there for him. If someone ever tried to mess with him, Seokjin was always there to protect him. Jungkook always felt like Seokjin was the mother of the group. He was the oldest and the most mature out all of them.                                                          

"How are you doing hyung?" Jungkook asked suddenly.

"Pretty good." Seokjin gently dabbed ointment on Jungkook's lip wound.

Jungkook flinched slightly "That is good to hear."

Seokjin moved away from Jungkook. "I saw Taehyung."

"Really?" Jungkook propped up from his chair.

"A few months ago." Seokjin explained "He told me he liked some girl in his grade."

Jungkook chuckled.

"What's so funny?" Seokjin tilts his head to the left.

"That idiot. You should see how weird he acts infront of his crush." Jungkook continues chuckling.

"How so?" Seokjin asks.

"I don't know how but he is always doing stupid things when she is around. The other day he was trying to get her attention by swinging from the rope in the gym. She was sitting all alone on the bleachers engrossed on some novel. He was swinging back and forth while singing Chandelier." Jungkook explains as he bursts out in laughter.

"Did she notice him?" Seokjin asks once more

"I don't know. Well he fell from the top and she ran to him to help him get up. He also can't be in the gym for a whole week."

Seokjin shakes his head. "Some people just never change. How about you, Jungkook? Any special girl?"

Jungkook blushes at the thought of Minhee. "There is someone special. She also goes to school with me and we hang out a lot. She is so sweet and shy. She had long black hair and she has such a beautiful smile."

"Someone's in love." Seokjin teases.

"I don't know. Maybe?" Jungkook smiles proudly. "I did go on a date with her. I just haven't gotten the time to actually confess and ask her out."

"Well I think you should go for it!" Seokjin stands up "If she make you this happy, then don't waste anymore time."

Seokjin heads back to the bathroom to dispose the bloody water and dirty towels. Jungkook thinks about Minhee. No words can explain how much physical pain he is in right now, but when he thinks about Minhee it all goes away.

"Hey hyung I was wondering if I can stay for the night?" Jungkook exclaims.

"Sure no problem! You can sleep in the guest room!" Seokjin's voice roars from the bathroom.

Jungkook smiles. Seokjin has always been like a mother and a big brother. "Thank you!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PART II

 

 

 

 

 

 

November 29th, 2015

 

Months had passed. Minhee, Jungmee, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook had finished their junior year and were a couple of months into their senior year.They would be graduating in February. There was a lot of things

Please log in to read the full chapter