Chapter 27

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 27: 

Jungkook carefully opened the gate to his home. There is no noice but silence. He only heard the birds chirping and his own breathe. 

"Home sweet home." He murmured to himself. He contiued straddling until he reached the front door of his house. He fumbled with the keys until he finds the one to the front door. He unlocked the door. He looked around the hallway. Emptiness. 

He was consumed in emptiness. He sighed deeply. Carefully he removed his shoes and placed them inside the shoe closet. He took off his school backpack and threw it hitting the wall. He rippef off his jacket and tossef it across the hallway. He pulls off the school tie around his neck. He continued fumbling down the hall. He ed his shirt. His breathing suddenly became heavy. And his hands move violently back and forth. He pulled on his hair and lets out a high pitched scream that no one hears. 

 There is alot more to Jungkook then what meets the eye. To everyone he looks like this shy seventeen year old who had no clue what life was. His cheeks turn crimson red at the thought of girls. His eyes widen if he makes eye contact with girls. He was known to be innocent, which is why many girls find him attractive. But there is alot more to him. 

Jungkook is alone. He feels lonely. People all assumed he had a good life being the son of one of the wealthiest men in Korea. And of a women who was considered a high classfied doctor. Being rich is everything to some people. But it wasn't for Jungkook. 

He felt sad. In other words he was depressed. What made him like this? 

He doesn't remember what exactly happened that summer night when he was 12. He just remembers his whole life changing in a blink of an eye. His older brother...gone. The only person who was there for him.

His brother decided to sneak out of the house one summer night to go to some race car event in Gangnam. He knows he could have stopped him. But he didn't. He just watched his brother storm out the house with a group of his friends and he never came back.

His brother had a purpose in life but what exactly was it? He never understood why his brother did what he did? Did he hate his life so much to end it all?

After that incident his parents changed dramatically. His mother started working fulltime and worked on projects to hopefully find a cure for cancer. She would spend hours researching with her team. She wass offered a project in the United States at Yale University will she will continue with top scientists. 

His father decide it be best to expand their family company overseas in Japan and China. There company became pretty wealthy and large. His father spend most his time in Japan while his mother spend most of her time in America. He couldn't really communicate with her since they lived in different time zones. And well his father hardly had any interest in him. 

The next day Jungkook spent the whole morning moping around the house. Jungkook changed into a pair of washed out jeans, black hoodie and t-shirt. It is a Saturday and he is stuck home doing nothing but drenching in his saddness. He needs some  time to reflect. 

He arrives at the closest bus stop to his home. He hopes he can get lost in the big city. Maybe it will help him feel better. He looks around the bus hoping not see any familiar faces from school. Fortunately he doesn't. He heaved a sigh of relief. The sun is still up. 

After what feels like forever, Jungkook arrived at some old and runny apartments. A couple of children stare at the tall unrecognized figure. He continued going up the metal staircase until he reached the top floor. From the top he can see the city. The clouds engulfed the blue sky and now it looks like a polluted city.The sun hides behind the thin layer of clouds but it still shines. The cold winter air still lingers but he doesn't feel it.

Jungkook's shoulders leaned forward as he carried his weight. His black long bangs fall infront of his face covering his black eyes. He hits a wire with his hand and stared straight at the empty space before him as he slightly bites his bottom lip. "No one was there to guide me." He murmured these painful words to himself "I had to find it all on my own."

"Is this right?" Jimin passed his math notebook filled with scribbles and numbers to Minhee. She gazed up from her own mathbook to check his amswers. 

"Yeah I got 47 as well." She smiled at him as she slide his note

Please log in to read the full chapter