Chapter 20

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 20:
"We are here" The chauffeur stated calmly. He looked at the teens through the review mirror. He parked the car right in front of the hotel building.
"Yay!" Taehyung howled like a monkey. "Lets go everyone!"
Jungmee and Minhee exchanged glances and smiled at each other.  One by one they stepped out of the limo.
"Woah this is so pretty." Minhee gawked looking at the fountain behind them.
"You're prettier" Jimin leaned in close to her pressing his lips against her ear. He rested his hand around her shoulder.
Minhee blushed slightly.
Jungkook's glared at Jimin. Jungmee got out of the limo and noticed Jimin. Then she saw the way Jungkook was starring intensely at them. She scrunched up her eyebrows. 
"Excuse me." She squealed and went in between Minhee and Jimin. She pushed Jimin to the side. "I am sorry but I like to stand by my sister on this side."
Jimin took a few steps back and rolled his eyes.
Taehyung and Bobby let out a chuckle.
"Hello Minhee and Jungmee." A man in a black suit walked towards them.
"Yes?" Minhee smiled.
"Wait Uncle Yoon?" Jungmee gazed at him in astonishment.
He nodded his head. "Yes it is me."
The girls ran to him and hugged him tightly.
"Who is he?" Taehyung leaned closer to Bobby.
"A friend of my uncle. He isn't really their uncle but he has been a long time family friend. I think Mr. Yoon and Uncle Lee have been friends since they were in grade school. They pretty much are like brothers." Bobby informed.
"Ah." Taehyung responded. Jungkook just listened quietly.
"They are our friends." Minhee pointed to the boys."And Bobby our cousin you remember him right?"
The boys bowed slightly.
"Hello boys. It is nice to meet you all." Mr. Yoon looked over at Bobby. "I remember you. You were always taking care of girls during the summer."
"Yup that is me." Bobby smiled.
The bellmen came out of the hotel and grabbed all their luggage from the trunk of the limo.
"Come on follow me inside." Mr. Yoon stated. He turned around and walked back inside the hotel.

"Come on Dongwon." Jungmee grabbed the small child's hand. Dongwon held her hand back and scanned the place in curiosity.
Taehyung smiled thoughtfully when he saw her holding his hand like a mother. It sort of reminded him of his mother which brought him sad thoughts that he tried pushing away.
"So your rooms will be on the fourth floor of the hotel. I have three rooms up there that are available. They have all have a bathroom, kitchen, sitting room and two beds. We can add an extra bed for the child in one of the rooms." Mr. Yoon scanned on the computer. "Or do you all want individual rooms on the second floor?"
The girls turned around and stared at the boys. "Where do you guys want?"
"I like the fourth floor." Jungkook answered. Bobby and Taehyung nodded their heads in agreement.
"What about you Jimin?" Minhee asked
"I am okay with anything." He smirked at her.
"What about you Dongwon?" Jungmee looked down at the small boy.
"I want to go up to the floor all the way at the top!" He exclaimed gleefully.
"Fourth floor it is!" Jungmee turned to Mr. Yoon
"Sounds great." Mr. Yoon clicked on a few things on the computer. He scanned a few cards. "Okay here we go."
He handed each card to the girls. "Jungmee and Minhee you too will be sleeping in 302. Do you boys have any a specific person you want to share rooms with?"
"I need my cousin to sleep in my room with me." Taehyung stated. "I am willing to sleep in the same room with Jungkook."
Jungkook nodded his head in agreement.
"Okay then. You're room will be 301" Mr. Yoon handed two cards to the boys.
"I guess we will be sharing." Bobby chuckled.
"I guess so." Jimin smiled.
"You two will be in room 303." Mr. Yoon handed them their cards. "Any questions?"
They all exchanged glances with one another.
"Nope not at the moment." Bobby answered "Thank you."
"Well then." Mr. Yoon smiled happily "Follow me I will take you all to your suites."

The following morning: Minhee sat back with her head against the headboard of the bed. She was playing a game on her laptop. Meanwhile Jungmee was running around the room looking through her suitcases.
"You brought a lot of stuff huh?" Minhee chuckled.
"No" Jungmee continued scattering clothes on the floor. "I just need to find something."
"What are you looking for?" Minhee asked uninterested.
"Nothing important. Just something." Jungmee said worried. She begun to pull on her hair. "Where did I leave it?"
"Leave what?" Minhee asked.
"Jin's jacket." Jungmee frowned
Minhee looked up from her computer. "Really?"
Jungmee casually strolled towards her sister. "Yes."
"You are still not over that boy?" Minhee closed her laptop screen. "Do you want me to remind you what happened between you two?"
"I know" Jungmee sighed loudly "But I still kind of like him."
"Its been over two months since he disappeared." Minhee stated
Jungmee gulped and fiddled with the bracelet on her left hand."It has been a while."
"You need to forget about him." Minhee crossed her legs.
Suddenly Jungmee bursted out crying.
"did I say something wrong?"
Minhee leaned in and patted her sister's back. "I am sorry."
Jungmee shook her head and continued sobbing loudly. "No. Its just you are always right about everything. Why am I so weak? To fall for someone like Seokjin. He is an adult I am still a kid. I wanted his love but he left me without no reason." Jungmee sniffed "Do you have any idea how hard I been trying to contact him?"
Minhee shook her head. She had no words.
"I been calling him and texting him. I have tried everything but I been forgotten by him." Jungmee sniffed once more. She wiped the tears that continued to stream even though it was no use they continued to fall. "I can't forget him. I just can't."
"You know what?" Minhee hugged her sister. "There is Taehyung. He likes you a lot."
"How do you know?" Jungmee whined.
"Jungkook told me." Minhee smiled "They told me not to tell you."
"Really?" Jungmee looked up. Her black mascara ran down her cheeks. "Are you sure?"
"Yes." Minhee nodded "Give that boy a chance come on!"
Jungmee stared off at the distance. "Okay then." She gazed back at her sister "I will think about it." 
"Good." Minhee ruffled her sister's hair "Now go wash up that face. You are scaring me."
Jungmee let out a small chuckle. She stood up and grabbed a tissue and blow her nose. She strolled into the bathroom.
"Thank you Minhee." She poked her head out the door. "You really are the best."
Minhee nodded and laid back on her bed. "Anything to make my sister feel better."

"I can't do this!" Jimin exclaimed from the top of the hill. He held onto his sled and gazed down at the steep slope formed by the snow.
"Come on just go down! It isn't that hard!" Bobby hollered back.
Everyone sled down the hill and made it safely. Jungmee stood back listening to Taehyung mock Jimin.
"Come on hyung!" Dongwon jumped up and down. He stood close to Minhee. "Hyung is weird."
Jungkook let out a small chuckle. "Jimin is a fool."
"Come on Jimin!" Bobby yelled out from the top of his lungs. "You date crazy girls how can you not due something like this?"
The rest chuckled at Bobby's joke.
"Ha. Ha. So funny!" Jimin exclaimed sarcastically.
Minhee couldn't take it any longer. She let out a groan and marched up the hill until she reached Jimin. She took off her snow goggles.
"Minhee?" Jimin turned to her "i can't do this. This is too scary."
Minhee rolled her eyes. "Come on yes you can. You just gotta believe in yourself."
"I can't." Jimin shook his head. "I just can't."
"Its not that far!" Minhee pointed to the group. Taehyung stood on the other end and waved his long arms up in the air. He begun to do jumping jacks in his green coat.
"He looks like a frog!" Jimin pointed out trying to change the topic. "Do you like frogs?"
"Just go down and close your eyes. And when you get to the bottom drift to the left to make a complete stop." Minhee explained patiently.
Jimin took a dee breath. He could see his breathe in the winter air. "No no I can't."
"Fine then." Minhee worded out "Suit yourself." She looked down at his feet. His snowboard was close to the edge with a simple push he would go down. "Jimin?" "yeah?" Jimin his head to her.
"Good luck!" Minhee smiled
"What do you m-" Minhee pushed him before he could finish. "Minhee!" He sled down the slope and screamed from the top of his lungs.
"Way to go!" Bobby laughed. "Minhee is such a daredevil."
Jungkook, Jungmee and Dongwon stood back and watched as Jimin went down the slope. They knew he would hit something or someone eventually.
"Drift left!" Minhee exclaimed as she sled down the slope behind Jimin.
Jimin didn't listen he continued screaming until he reached the bottom and fell on top of hyper Taehyung.
"Hey you guys okay?" Minhee ran towards them once she reached the bottom. Everyone circled around the boys.
"I am perfectly fine." Jimin smiled.
"Taehyung?" Jungmee kneeled down and cleaned the snow from his face. 
Taehyung opened his eyes and looked at his surroundings. All he saw was Jungmee starring at him with worried eyes and the sunlight hitting her face. "Did I die and go to heaven?"

After dinner time the group decided to have a bonfire pit. It was nice outside and it was kind of warm.
They sat around the fire and roasted some marshmallows. "Taehyung you okay?" Jungmee leaned in to touch the fresh bruise on his cheek.
"I feel better thank you." He smiled. Dongwon snuggled up beside Jungmee. "Noona I am tired." The young boy pouted.
"Its okay you can sleep on my lap." She looked over at Taehyung "And you can roast my marshmallows." She gave him her stick.
"Fine." Taehyung smiled. He grabbed it and placed it on the fire.
Minhee sat across from them in between Jimin and Jungkook. Jungkook sat silently with his legs crossed and chewed on some graham crackers. Jimin was constantly starring at Minhee with the corner of his eye.
"So what should we do?" Bobby puffed up his cheeks and looked around "Tell scary stories? Or play a game?"
Jungmee looked down at Dongwon. He was closing his eyes and falling asleep on her lap. "Not scary stories. Dongwon is here. And I don't want him to have nightmares." Jungmee stated.
"I think he is asleep." Jimin looked over at the small boy.
Taehyung reached in and poked his cousin's cheek. The little boy groaned in his sleep and slightly moved his head. "He is a deep sleeper." 
"Well then." Bobby sat down and took a bite of his marshmallow. "I am going to tell you all about something scary that happened to me at school."
"Wait is it about that noise in the hallway to the drama department that people here after school?" Jimin propped up.
"Yes!" Bobby pointed towards Jimin "I stayed after school last week. And I was just walking around when suddenly I heard something down that hallway. It sounded like someone running. I thought maybe it was some drama nerd. So I walked down that hallway." He took a sip of his drink. Jungmee turned her attention towards Taehyung who as shaking a bit. He had his gaze down.
"Then suddenly the noise stopped. I heard a door slam shut. Man that scared the poop out of me. Then some loud screech. It was scary!" Bobby shook his head.
"You know Taejun was telling me the same thing." Jimin scratched the back of his head. "He told me he heard something strange down there too."
"Okay that is good for today!" Taehyung jumped up from his seat and placed his hands on his hips. "It is getting late already."
"Its only ten o'clock" Jungkook looked down at his wrist watch.
"But I like to sleep early." Taehyung glared at Jungkook.
"I am pretty sure that is a lie." Jungkook murmured under his breath.
"I will go with you." Jungmee stated "Dongwon slept on my lap."
Taehyung helped her with Dongwon and they walked back into the hotel.
Minhee sat back and continued making smores.
Bobby chuckled. "I think Taehyung was scared."
"Most likely" Jimin laughed.
"I am going to the bathroom." Bobby rubbed his stomach "That dinner sure digested quick." He stood up and bolted for the restrooms.
Jungkook turned to stare at Jimin. Jimin was starring at the fire.
"I will be back." Jungkook whispered to Minhee. "I am going to go grab my jacket."
Minhee nodded. She sat back and continued biting her dessert. Silence devoured the atmosphere. She was having this small debate whenever or not to talk to Jimin.
"So." Jimin stated first as he shifted his body towards her. "Thank you."
"For what?" Minhee shrugged.
"For pushing me." Jimin turned to her. "You care for me, right?"
"Sure." Minhee put her dessert aside.
"You do." Jimin turned back to the fire "What would you have done if I got hurt? Would you help me?"
"Of course I would." Minhee crossed her legs. "You are my friend."
"I like you more then a friend" Jimin whispered.
"Jimin now is not the time." Minhee shook her head. "Can you stop?"
"Do you also feel the same way?"He asked calmly.
Minhee let out a deep sigh. "If I felt the same way I would actually tell you!"
"Then why don't you?" Jimin put his marshmallows aside.
"Because I don't want to." Minhee answered angrily "Because I don't know."
"You don't what?" Jimin asked
"I don't know how I feel about you!" Minhee fiddled with the ring around her in

Please log in to read the full chapter