Chapter 18

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 18:
Before they knew it, it was already the fourth week in December. Only a few more days until winter break.
Since Bobby transferred the girls became closer to Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jimin. For some odd reason, Bobby enjoyed hanging out with those boys he eventually persuaded Minhee and Jungmee to hang out with them as well.
It's been about two weeks since Bobby transferred but he became close with the boys.
"Eat this!" Taehyung stuck a spoonful of fruit cocktail into Jungmee's mouth during lunch. She made a face the moment she tasted it. Taehyung was feeding her like a small child."This is disgusting!" 
"No!" Taehyung shouted "I won the bet. You knew I was going to beat you in that quiz!"
"But I don't like fruit cups!" She exclaimed and pouted like a small child. "They are filled with corn syrup."
Taehyung continued feeding her like a baby. "Hey what took you guys so long?" Taehyung asked Bobby, Minhee, and Jungkook as they approached their table.
Jungmee to the advantage and grabbed a napkin to spit the fruit out of . She smiled at her sister as she took a seat next to her.
"The line was huge today! Everyone wanted to eat tacos." Jungkook answered. 
Jungkook sat next to Taehyung and Bobby sat next to Minhee.
"Where's Jimin?" Jungkook asked gazing around the cafeteria.
Taehyung let out a small sigh. "He went with Taejun. You know as usual."
Bobby shook his head. "I don't like Taejun. He is so rude."
"That makes two of us," Jungmee murmured remembering that Taejun was the one that ruined their friendship with Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon got expelled from the school. Minju, Hyoyeon, and the other girls got to court and sentenced to juvenile court. So in other words Minhee and Jungmee won the case.
"So any plans for winter break?" Bobby raised his eyebrows.
"I am going to stay home," Jungkook answered. "Maybe go shopping?" He shrugged his shoulders.
"I am going to babysit my little cousin. My aunt is working a lot during my break." Taehyung answered. He took a sip of his juice box and continued "But I like hanging out with my little cousin."
"What about you cousins?" Bobby turned to Jungmee and Minhee.
"Probably going to stay home and you know just stay home," Minhee murmured.
"And do nothing!" Jungmee chirped in.
"Like always" Bobby rolled his eyes "Maybe we should all hang out and do something together?" They exchanged glances with each other.
"I guess so." Jungkook looked at Minhee "Why not?"
Minhee nodded. "I agree maybe it will be fun!"
"I love that idea." Taehyung leaned into the table and stared at Jungmee with loving eyes.
Jungmee stared blankly at her cousin. "This will be fun." She showed no emotion, what so ever.
The rest of the lunch was calm and quiet. They enjoyed it.

Eventually, the so-called torture of school ended. Minhee and Jungmee were casually strolling down the hallways to their lockers. 
"You have a debate meeting today?" Jungmee asked her sister.
"Nope." She answered "But I am going to stay in the school library for a while. I got to work on my book report."
"Cool." Jungmee answered, "Are you going to stay alone?"
"No. Bobby will be around. He is going to try out for the basketball team." Minhee looked down the hallway. She noticed the students bolting out of the school.
"Sweet." Jungmee tossed her backpack across her shoulder. "I am going to go walk around the hallways mindlessly."
Minhee chuckled at her sister. She found her so odd just like Taehyung.
"Until someone approaches me," Jungmee answered seriously.
"Okay then." Minhee looked at her while raising an eyebrow. "Have fun with that!"
"I will." She walked off.
Minhee walked in the opposite direction to the library. She needed to work on her book project. And it was the only place where she would find peace in the whole school.

It had been fifteen minutes. Jungmee strolled into the bathroom to wash her hands and then walked out. She went to the water fountain and took a large sip of water. When she looked up she saw a smiling brown-haired boy starring right at her. He was showing his bottom teeth as well.
"Taehyung!" She lightly slapped his shoulder. "You scared me!"
He let out a small chuckle. "I am sorry. What are you doing here?"
"Just walking around waiting for Minhee. What about you?" Jungmee leaned against the wall next to Taehyung.
"Trying to avoid going home." Taehyung crossed his arms. "Want to walk around with me?"
"Sure" Jungmee smiled "Why not?"
Taehyung's eyes brightened. "Come on let's go." He tugged on her shoulder and pulled her under his arm. "Doing anything fun this break?" Jungmee's left-right eyebrow raised. "Taehyung you already know?"
"I know but you see I want to ask you something." He acted cutely.
"What?" Jungmee gawked.
"Want to babysit my cousin with me?" Taehyung pouted slightly "Come on it will be fun. We can build castles out of blankets and dance around my room. Oh and we can watch movies! Then when it gets darker we can..." His voice trailed off.
Jungmee's eyes widened. Why was he acting so weird around her all a sudden? Almost flirting.
"Search for aliens with my super-mighty telescope!" He chuckled.
Jungmee let out a warm laugh. "I would like that."
"So that is a yes right?" Taehyung cheerfully asked.
"Yes, Taehyung." She slightly nudged him.
"Sweet." He smiled "You are awesome. I like you."
Jungmee felt warm inside. She forgot about Seokjin for a while.

Minhee was ruffling her hair in frustration. She just couldn't find the correct words for her book report. She sighed deeply and looked up at the ceiling. She took a deep breath and turned her attention back to her computer and continued typing.
Jimin stormed into the library. He was in search of his favorite book 'To Kill a Mockingbird.
Even though he was considered a player and whatnot that didn't mean that he didn't care about his grades. He was one of the top students in the class. He had a Straight-A average. Despite having the brains, he never showed it off. He never rubbed it in other peoples' faces. He wanted to keep this side of him a secret. Deep down inside he was a dorky boy with a dorky personality.
At first, he didn't acknowledge Minhee's presence. He was lost in his own deep thoughts. He strolled right past her to the fiction books. He skimmed through the high shelves in search of his favorite book. After a couple of minutes, he found it. He smiled gratefully and walked down the book aisle. He just wanted to sit down and read it.
He sat at a table across from Minhee. Her back facing him. It was his intention. He flipped through the pages of the book and began reading chapter 7.
Minhee pressed on the keyboard. "Stupid computer." She pulled her hair in frustration once more. She looked down at her rubric while the computer reloaded. Jimin looked up at the noise. He could notice that petite figure anywhere.
As much as he wanted to read he also wanted to talk to Minhee. It was his only chance. Her sister wasn't following her around or Jungkook glaring.
He grabbed his stuff and quietly walked over to the younger girl with a smile plastered across his face.
"Hey, beautiful." He slides into the chair next to Minhee.
She glared at him. "Now is not the time Jimin."
She pressed on the keyboard with aggression.
Jimin's eyes widened. He had never seen her act like this. "Something wrong?"
"My computer." Minhee's voice tensed up "Just won't work. It freaking froze. How will I finish all my work?"
"Can I see it?" Jimin pointed out.
Minhee nodded and slide it over to him. She watched as he intensively played with the keyboard. She saw him furrowing his eyebrows as if he were solving a hard math equation. She had ne

Please log in to read the full chapter