Chapter 17

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 17:
Minhee nodded her head.
"I think we are old enough to stand up for ourselves." Jungmee disagreed. She placed her utensils on the side of her bowl. "Plus those girls are getting expelled."
"But I don't want you two to go through the same situation again." Mr. Lee said.
Jungmee shook her head. "We won't we will be more cautious. We will be careful with our actions." She gazed at her sister. "We will be stronger. We can't run away from our problems dad we have to face them. Right Minhee? Don't you agree with me?"
Minhee gazed up. She saw everyone starring at her except for Yoongi. He was in deep thought. "I-I" She began to stutter when she saw her father's face tense up. "I don't know."
"Well I for one don't want to go." Jungmee pushed away from the drink. "I want to stay there and graduate."
"We made this final decision." Mr. Lee stated again "I don't want to argue Jungmee."
"But it will most likely happen all over again at a different school!" Jungmee raised her voice "It is the same every year! Even at our old school, they used to bully us and shove us but you never knew because you were so busy with your business. You were too busy to notice how Minhee and I felt since our mother's death!"
"Lower your voice Jungmee Lee!" Mr. Lee took a sip of his coffee.
"Did you forget?" Jungmee asked "It is our mother's fourth anniversary since her death! How can you be so clueless?"
Mr. Lee's eyes widened. Mrs. Jung looked down at her hands. Minhee's eyes filled up with tears, she tried holding them back. Hoseok looked away trying to concentrate on something else. Yoongi just watched Jungmee tense up. He has never seen her act so angry before.
"I can't believe you think that running away from our problems will solve things." Jungmee exhaled deeply "And you forget about our mother as well. Who are you? What have you done to our father?"
"Jungmee be quiet!" Mr. Lee shouted
"Fine then." Jungmee wiped the tears from her eyes. "I am done." She threw the napkin on the plate and bolted upstairs to her room.
The dining room was filled with silence. Minhee and the rest jerked up when they heard Jungmee slam the door shut from her room.
"Wow." Yoongi managed to let out.
Minhee silently devoured the rest of her super. All she wanted was a hug from her mother.
Jungmee laid down on her bed. She looked up at the ceiling and held a pillow close to her chest. She listened to her hitched breathing. The tears continued streaming down her eyes.
She turned to her side and grabbed her phone from the counter. She looked through her contacts.
She only had six contacts. She scrolled to Seokjin's number. She debated whenever or not to call him. It has been more than a month since the last time she heard about him. Ever since his fight with Yoongi he had disappeared.
Without a second thought, she dialed his number. The other end continued to ring and ring.
"I am sorry but the number you just dialed is out of service. Please try again." The voice-over answered. She dialed once more. It repeated again.
She continued dialing his number waiting to hear his kind gentle voice.
"Hello, this is Seokjin. Please leave a message at the tone. Thank you." His voice-over answered.
"Seokjin. It is me Jungmee. I really want to talk to you. Please answer me." A lump formed on . "Please. I just need to" Her voice cracked. She couldn't speak properly anymore. She broke down sobbing. "Seokjin." She sends the voice mail. She crawled inside her bedsheets and cuddled against the pillow. She wanted someone to hold her and tell her that everything was going to be okay. But the last person she had hoped on had walked away from her when she needed him the most.

Jungkook and Taehyung silently walked to the bus stop. It was 4 am in morning. They were worried about the girls.
"We haven't seen in such a long time huh?" Taehyung managed to let out.
"Yeah." Jungkook looked away. "It has been pretty long."
Taehyung ruffled with his tie. "I just want to go home and forget this day."
"Me too." Jungkook realized he was going to go to an empty home.
They sat down on the bench and silently waited for the bus.
Jungkook pulled his phone out. He searched for Minhee. He began composing a message he would never send.
"You know." Taehyung began speaking in a hushed tone "We should get closer to the girls."
Jungkook turned the screen from his phone off. "Like as in friends?"
Taehyung silently watched as a car passed by. "Yeah. We become their friends and we take care of them. They have no one at school. Might as well be us."
"What about Jimin?" Jungkook asked, "He likes Minhee."
"So?" Taehyung raised his voice. "Jimin is a ing jerk. He just wants to do things to her and then leave her. I don't trust him. He doesn't care at all about her." Jungkook nodded in agreement. Even though Jimin was their best friend he was a pretty big jerk.
"Yes, we should become friends with them." Jungkook finally agreed.
Taehyung smiled warmly at Jungkook. "Which is why." He grasped the phone from Jungkook's hand swiftly. "You should talk to Minhee." Jungkook watched Taehyung as he began to type a message.
He chuckled and looked at Jungkook.  "I better make you two start talking." He looked back down at the phone "Might as well start the spark between you two."
A smile slowly spread across Jungkook's lips.
"Why is it so hard for you to talk to her?" Taehyung stared at Jungkook from the corner of his eye. "You are handsome. And I am sure she would accept you. She knows you aren't like Jimin."
Jungkook shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe I feel nervous around her?"
"Well don't! Be the tougher one! Ask her on a proper date! She isn't dating anyone!" Taehyung encouraged the younger boy.
Jungkoom smiled gleefully. Maybe he would.

It was Sunday afternoon. Minhee and Jungkook canceled their plan to meet up at the library. Her sister and she had gone to the clinic earlier.
"Minhee, Jungmee? Is that you?" Their father called from the living room. Mrs. Jung locked the door of the front door.
"Yeah," Minhee replied back as she put her shoes away. Mrs. Jung walked into the living room behind her followed Minhee and Jungmee.
They noticed some familiar faces.
"Bobby?" Jungmee called out astonished.
The older boy smiled revealing his crimson moon-shaped eyes. "Nice to see you two!" He stood up from his seat and wrapped his arms around the girl's shoulders. They jumped in unison. Bobby, Jungmee, and Minhee grew up very close when they were younger. They spent the summers together In Daegu with their grandparents. When they moved to Korea they got closer and hanged out almost every weekend.
"What are you doing here?" Minhee asked breaking the hug.
"Just visiting my favorite cousins." He ruffled Minhee's hair. For some odd reason, he had that habit of ruffling her hair since he was a young child.
Jungmee stood there and analyzed her cousin. He grew quite a lot from the last time they saw him. It was four years since they last saw him.
"This is amazing!" Minhee clasped her hands together.
Bobby nodded his head in agreement. "What happened to you guys?" He leaned in comfortably towards Jungmee "Are you girls okay? Uncle told me all about the prom."
"Yeah. Well, we feel better. We went to the doctor and well we are going to be drinking antioxidants to help us." Jungmee responded. "And lots of vitamin pills."
Bobby nodded his head understanding and processing the information. "Man if I went to your high school I would protect you two from everyone. Just like in grade school."
In grade school, he was always protecting the girls from bullies. He would always go and fight the other students not caring if he would get suspended or not.
"That would be awesome if you came to our school." Minhee slightly pouted. "We wouldn't feel so lonely anymore. And actually, have someone to eat lunch with."
Mr. Lee turned towards the girls and Bobby. He carefully listened to their conversation hoping Bobby wouldn't break the news to the girls.
Bobby just nodded his head. "I wish I could too. It would be really nice."

The girls dashed inside the school fast. The last thing they wanted to hear was the comments from the students.
"Come on" Jungmee rushed through the hallways to her locker. She tugged on her younger sister's arm.
Minhee couldn't help but make eye contact with some of the students. They watched like towering hawks above their heads and whispered things to each other.
"Ignore them." Jungmee continued fiddling with her locker's combination. "It is not worth listening to !" She turned around and emphasized the word.
A few students turned away.
"Bastards." Jungmee cursed under her breath.
Minhee stood back. "Um, I need to go to my class. Okay?"
"Are you sure you don't want me to take you?" Jungmee asked worriedly.
"No." Minhee shook her head. "Thanks though."
Jungmee smiled softly. "Okay then if you say so."
Minhee waved to her sister before marching down the hallway.

"And now we are back to the office!' Taehyung jumped slightly pointing to the office. "I hope my tour helped you! Uhh what is your name again?"
"Bobby," Bobby answered still looking at the map in his hands.
"Bobby!" Taehyung repeated like a baby. "Are you like a rapper or something?"
Bobby blankly stared at Taehyung. "That is a lot of questions don't you think?"
Taehyung shrugged slightly.
"You're a junior right?" Bobby pointed at Taehyung.
"Yes sir!" Taehyung answered hyper.
"By any chance do you know Jungmee Lee and Minhee Lee?" Bobby asked
Taehyung's face tensed up at the mention of Jungmee's name. "Oh, my crackers! You know them too? Why is everyone always asking about them? Do you like them too? What are you? And why are you at our school? What are your intentions with them?" Taehyung leaned in towards Bobby.
"Dude chill. They are my cousins." Bobby answered.
"Oh." Taehyung looked away embarrassed. "That is nice! I know them! They are in some of my classes!"
"Really?" Bobby asked, "And by any chance are they in your first-hour classes?"
"Only Jungmee. Minhee is in the other class." Taehyung shook his head. "I think you will be with Minhee."
Bobby nodded his head and looked down at his schedule. "Thanks, man."
"No problem." The bell rang. "Well, I am heading to my clas

Please log in to read the full chapter