Chapter 2

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: 

"Where the heck have you been?" Yoongi's mother exclaimed the moment she saw her son walk through the front door. He looked tired and reaked of alcholic substances. "I was so worried about you." 

"None of your damn buisness." He voiced out rather calm but annoyed. He spent the week over at one of his friend's house. After recieving the news about his mother's marriage last week, he bolted out of his house in anger. He couldn't believe his mother would move on so quickly. He continued walking down the hallway to the kitchen to get something to eat. His mother followed closing behind him.

"What happened to your hair?" She asked concerned "Why did you dye it like that?" She reached out to touch his light salmon colored hair. It was still as soft as his old dark brown hair, however she found it absurd. 

"I felt like it. Why do you care so much?" He pushed her hand away and moved from his mother. He strolled over to the kitchen counter and grabbed a couple of aspirin pills. 

"Yoongi, I know this is hard for you but you have to understand that..." Her voice trembled as she watched her son devoured the pills without water. "Are you okay? Are you sick?" 

"I am fine. Just a damn headache." He whispered annoyed. He leaned against the counter and kept his eyes on the large window, it has the view of their backyard. The night before his best friend stole some beers. The whole night they ended up drinking and went to the club with fake I.Ds.

 

Yoongi sat back and looked at the campfire engrossed in his own thoughts. He didn't notice the younger boy laid his head on his thigh.

"Hey hyung? You okay?" The young boy asked looking straight into his eyes "Something wrong?"

Yoongi continued playing with the lighter in his left hand. "Everything is . My mom is an idiot. Her new boyfriend is stupid." He didn't want to tell them about his mother's new boyfriend but it had been in his mind all day. He didn't want them to know that his mother was taking her new relationship very seriously.

His other friend sat on the opposite side holding a beer in his hand. "Maybe this will help?" He handed it to Yoongi.
Yoongi examined the beer and shook his head. "That won't help." He continued turning the lighter on and off. "My mom is stupid. She's a stupid woman." 

The rest of the boys looked back at Yoongi. They did not agree with his statement as most of them believed she was a very kind and loving woman.

"Yoongi-" Hoseok his biological younger brother called out. It hurt him to hear his brother say that about the woman he loved the most. "Don't say that." 

Yoongi turned his head slightly to gaze at his brother. His eyes cold and empty frightened Hoseok. "She is not here. I can say whatever I want." 

Hoseok's face turned pale. It lost it's color as if he had seen a ghost. However in this face the ghost was Yoongi. He looked at the boy sitting across from him and gave him a faint smile. Yoongi turned to his friend and grabbed the beer. He opened it and gulped half of it. "But for now lets forget about that crazy old woman." The rest of the boys cheered and joined but Hoseok just watched him. 

 

"Yoongi, I am worried about you." His mother whispered, getting closer to her son. 

"I was at my friend's house. That was all." He moved away from his mother. He grabbed a cup out of the cabinet and filled it up with sink water. "We had a small get together with a bunch of our friends and partied all night. No big deal."
"But you haven't been home since last week, since the day I told you about the wedding." His mother stood in place. "I missed you."
It struck Yoongi like a sharp chest pain. He loves his mother. He wanted to hug her but he was afraid. He believed his mother was a crazy women to fall in love so soon with another man after her divorce with his father. He just couldn't accept the way she managed to move on so fast. She has forgotten about his father, the man the raised him and his brother. The man that taught him how to fight and how to fish. He missed his father as he always engaged in outdoor activities with him. He had always been closer to his father then his mother. When he watched his father walk out the door with luggage, he ran pleading if he could leave with him. His father shook his head and never called him back. This happened years ago. 
"Come here." she extended her arms for him. She wanted to hold her son in her arms, just like she did when he was a child. "Lets talk things out please. I will explain everything to you. Just like I explained it to Hoseok."
Yoongi felt weak. He wanted to talk to her but he was afraid. "No. There is nothing to talk to you about." He placed his hands inside his pockets.
"Yoongi I just need you to listen to me. Just this once." Her upper lip quivered in fear. She knew that any minute now she would break down crying. "Please son."
Yoongi looked out the window once again. He watched as some leaves from the tree fell swiftly to the ground. He wants to run out. He looked back at his mother with pain in his eyes.
"Son?" She called out for him once more.
"I don't want to ing hear you anymore!" Yoongi exploded in rage. He threw the glass cup across the room. It hit the wall and shattered into pieces on the ground. 

His mother covered . "Yoongi!"
He grabbed the keys from the counter and bolted out the room. He heared his mother calling his name but he ignored her pleads.
He ran to the driveway, past the tall gates, and dashed quickly inside the car parked on the sidewalk. He watched as his mother ran out to chase  after him but before she could reach him he turned the engine on and rapidly drove away. He looked back through the review mirror and watched his mother's petite figure disappear.
He held on tightly to the steering wheel as he drived faster. At times, like these, he had no idea where to go, but the only way to hide the pain is to forget for a while.

"Look at what I found." Jungmee tossed a card onto the coffee table. Minhee was looking through her planner and writing down important dates. The letter had a beautiful gold trim on embezzled at the front with a rose wax seal stamp at the back. 
"What is that?" Minhee reached in for the folded card. She unfolded it and read it carefully. "It's some sort of wedding and dinner reception."
"I guess so." Jungmee whispered. She sat down on the couch. "I guess they had planned this weddding for months. He just never told us anything." Minhee looked across the room. The room was emptier. It's been about a week since their father announed his marriage. He made a decision to sell all their furniture. He also put the house on the market and sold it in a couple of hours. He didn't want anything from this home anymore or so they heard him explain to someone on the phone the night before. It hurt Minhee deeply.
She remembered how her mother spend hours at the furniture store deciding which colors and designs best matched her taste. She remembered that her mother gave her and Jungmee a couple of wons to go buy some food at the restauraunt across the furniture store. She remembered as her sister on her popsicle as the sun melted it in her hands. She remembered they sat underneath a tree, talked about how exciting it was going to be to live in Korea as they waited for their mother to come out the store. It was their first time in Korea and it was foreign to the three. They had traveled during the summers to Korea to visit their grandparents but it was not really their home. Their home was the USA but they had been excited to start a new life in their father's home country. 
She didn't want to let go of anything but her father did. He just wanted to get rid of everything that reminded him of his late wife. He knew that if he did get rid of her stuff, he would be stuck to the idea that she still existed. He did not want to compare his fiancé to his ex-wife. He no longer referred to her as his wife but as the girls' mother. "Are we selling this too?" She pointed to the purple piano across the room.
Jungmee nodded her head. "Dad said that there is a piano at the other house."
"Oh." Minhee looked across the room. The piano reminded her of her mother. Her mother had taught her to play the piano. She remembers waking up in the mornings  to her mother's music. The evenings when her mother would invite her grandparents for their dinner theatre. The girls would sing their heart out while their mother played her newest song. Her mother had been a talented pianist. The halls in the home became empty every morning and evening right after her death. The sounds of her music no longer filled the home. She was no longer there to dance around the room with Jungmee and the giggles of the girl as her mother twirled her around. The giggles were lost and the music no longer existed.  Nothing was left anymore. Her mother was gone. Everything that once reminded her of their mother gone. Only her perfume lingered inside their house. She envied the people who would be living here making memories. They won't know the story this home held. They won't recall the laughters and happiness the home ignited when their mother existed. They don't know such a beautiful soul once roamed the hallways of the home. They won't know anything.
"When's the wedding again?" Minhee asked. She

Please log in to read the full chapter